East Ridge football forfeits '13 and '14 seasons

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goldy313

East Ridge football forfeits '13 and '14 seasons

Post by goldy313 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:43 pm

http://www.swcbulletin.com/news/educati ... all-player

It's not hockey related but still interesting given the state of high school sports today. There has been some significant misconduct going on this past year across the state.....

I'm not sure why some proof of residence isn't required when registering for a sport, it's not like playing a sport is a right, and it's not that tough for a custodial parent/guardian to show a drivers license or some other form of identification that the school would have on file, this just writing down an address on a form and considering it good isn't a very good system.

Defensive Zone

Re: East Ridge football forfeits '13 and '14 seasons

Post by Defensive Zone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 pm

goldy313 wrote:http://www.swcbulletin.com/news/educati ... all-player

It's not hockey related but still interesting given the state of high school sports today. There has been some significant misconduct going on this past year across the state.....

I'm not sure why some proof of residence isn't required when registering for a sport, it's not like playing a sport is a right, and it's not that tough for a custodial parent/guardian to show a drivers license or some other form of identification that the school would have on file, this just writing down an address on a form and considering it good isn't a very good system.

I would have to agree. My guess, it is up to the high school's AD on how much they want to monitor student athletes in their school. Especially new/transfer students. It would not be hard to ask for a copy of a utility bill, drivers license, purchase agreement, etc. There is a lot more at stake now a days since I was a kid. "Some" AD's need to be more proficient when it comes to monitoring eligibility.

observer

Post by observer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm

So your saying the BSM and Hopkins ADs need to do some better checking. Both have had violations.