CoVid-19

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goldy313

CoVid-19

Post by goldy313 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:36 am

As some know I work in health care, I see patients directly. If someone tells you to isolate, to maintain social distancing, etc, do it! You may feel fine but that doesn’t mean you do not have the virus and are not contagious. The person you may inadvertently infect may be a doctor, nurse, lab tech, housekeeper, truck driver, utility worker, grocery store clerk ...etc.....someone who we need..... I am a primary care giver who tested positive, I am now out of the chain of prevention for at least 14 days. Do not think you are immune, do not think you do not matter! You do!

Act appropriately!

elliott70

Re: CoVid-19

Post by elliott70 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:43 am

Get well, Goldy

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks for what you do and get well soon.

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 am

Take care Goldy
What is a Green Wave anyway?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:26 am

Sorry to hear and get well soon!

Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:46 am

Get well soon! And thanks to you, as well as all the other health care professionals, for all your hard work

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 am

Sending good thoughts your way!

Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 am

Wise words, Goldy. Thank you for what you do and get well soon.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Dang Goldy! Prayers you get well!

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Well said, goldy, and I’m sorry to hear about your illness. It sounds like you’re doing well, though, and my thoughts are with you on a safe and speedy recovery.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Good advice Goldy and get well. I took off from Green Bay last Thursday with a load of refrigerated food for the San Fran/ San Hose area. I reloaded and got out of California the day before the statewide quarantine went on. Back into Wisconsin/ Illinois for deliveries now and have returned to a different world. I was originally thinking it would be nice to get home by the family but now realize it’s better if I stay isolated in the truck and keep rolling until this passes.

Strange times indeed.

thefatcat

Post by thefatcat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Myself, along with my better half also work in healthcare in the metro...don't be a Covidiot...stay home as much as possible, interact with others as little as possible (social distancing), wash your hands regularly...and for phucks sake don't be a hoarder.

thefatcat

Post by thefatcat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:37 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 pm
Good advice Goldy and get well. I took off from Green Bay last Thursday with a load of refrigerated food for the San Fran/ San Hose area. I reloaded and got out of California the day before the statewide quarantine went on. Back into Wisconsin/ Illinois for deliveries now and have returned to a different world. I was originally thinking it would be nice to get home by the family but now realize it’s better if I stay isolated in the truck and keep rolling until this passes.

Strange times indeed.

Thank you (along with all big rig operators) for keeping America going during this time of crisis!

raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Hey Goldy, adding my get well wishes along with the rest of the forum peeps. This is a time we have never seen & hopefully won't repeat itself again in our life times or history.
I'm in transit myself here in the Twin Cities. Our ridership has gone to hell & starting next week we'll be cutting back our service; no sense driving around in an empty bus.
To do our part all surfaces passengers would touch are wiped down at the end of each shift & all buses are sanitized completely with foggers on a rotating basis. I'm probably in one of the cleaner environments around.
Be safe, be well & we'll see everyone back on here next fall for sure & in between. God bless.

raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:57 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Strange times indeed.
gr,
With all these crazy idiot hoarders out there, saw a story the other night on the news where truckers are finding some truck stops are closed & they're having a hard time finding a meal with the space they need for parking.
Watching this & knowing the mindset of some of these idiots, be careful out there that you don't get truck jacked. Guess that's already happened with a semi full of toilet paper. Tell me what's the obsession with toilet paper?
God bless gr.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:07 am

I am fine, I had a sore throat, a headache, and a low grade fever, and some shortness of breath but not bad. I was notified by my work I needed to be tested, the departments of health do a really good job of tracing this stuff.

John 13:34....as I have loved you, so you you must love one another.....

Treat everyone like you depend on them, you might. The kid who delivered my groceries is my savior! Same with the pizza delivery girl. Never has the grocery store stocker been more of an essential part of the workforce. Truck drivers are finally getting their due as how valuable they are. The list goes on. Many of societies lowest paid workers we could not go on without.

By the way....quarantine sucks, Netflix, Xbox, tv, etc wears off quickly. Home Depot (among others) delivers, I may paint every room in my house this week. If I wasn’t worried about electrocution I would probably YouTube how to get my wiring up to code as well.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 am

Good question on the toilet paper Raider. While I’d hate to run out of that there are many things more essential than that. Besides, I texted my Wisconsin friends and told them how lucky they were that they have all that Packer gear in case they run out. 😁

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 am

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 am
Besides, I texted my Wisconsin friends and told them how lucky they were that they have all that Packer gear in case they run out. 😁
:lol: :lol: :lol:

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:12 am

Get well soon, goldy, and stay healthy, forum friends.

Hard to believe we were just wrapping up a State Tourney two weeks ago with how much the world has changed since. Still, there are ways to cope, even though I've only interacted with three humans in the past week and a half. I've enjoyed some virtual happy hours with friends I haven't seen in ages and have never been such a committed runner. Working from home has its drawbacks but nothing too major in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks to everyone on the front lines in health care, grocery stores and the whole food logistics industry, and everyone else whose contributions large and small make it possible for the rest of us to go on with something resembling normalcy.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am

karl(east) wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:12 am
Thanks to everyone on the front lines in health care, grocery stores and the whole food logistics industry, and everyone else whose contributions large and small make it possible for the rest of us to go on with something resembling normalcy.
Well said - couldn't agree more. Hopefully everyone does their part to not make their jobs more difficult and dangerous than they already are.

raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:10 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Good question on the toilet paper Raider. While I’d hate to run out of that there are many things more essential than that. Besides, I texted my Wisconsin friends and told them how lucky they were that they have all that Packer gear in case they run out. 😁
Spoken like a true Iron Ranger. Who else but us could come up with a gem like this? Congratulations! An Alaskan Amber is on tap for you at the Eagles in Grand Rapids when you get off the road. :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Get well, goldy! Our employer had given us the option to stay home and use accumulated leave time, be it personal leave, sick leave or vacation. Since I'm only a week away from retirement, I'm thinking of working Monday and Tuesday and then ending it there. A lot of my colleagues are either working from home (not an option for my work unit) or just staying away. I hope more do as it makes the six-foot distancing guideline a lot easier. We have a couple doors at work which have to be entered/exited by turning a door knob, so paper towels come into play here. Along with a hell of a lot of hand washing.

We have 2-3 weeks worth of groceries at home along with other essentials so if we quarantine at home, it won't be an issue.

My wife and I have extended family members who are elderly and have other health issues going on, so I pray for them constantly. And for everyone else. These are somewhat scary times.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:44 pm

Get well, Goldy...hydrate! We need you back in the game.

Congrats to Lee on calling it a day! No big parties in the RV,ok?

Crazy to think that many of us were at one of the last major sporting events in the world, and, knowing what we know now, the show should most likely not have gone on. Take care of yourselves Bored! Stay home if you can, be smart if you can't, and God bless you and yours.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 am

Get well soon, Goldy!

I live in the Philippines and we have been on a nationwide quarantine since the 16th. It means different things depending upon where you live, because local municipalities (run by province governors, city mayors and barangay (think neighborhood) captains) can all add on additional layers of rules that make things a bit more complicated.

I live in the area of the former U.S. Clark AFB and Army base about 2 hours north of Manila (1 with good traffic). The island of Luzon is the most populated and given our proximity to Manila - which has the highest number of cases - local rules have been pretty strict.

For us this means nothing is open except banks, convenience stores, restaurants for take-out only and grocery stores. My business luckily began planning for work from home initiatives in early February, although our buildings remain accessible on a limited basis as not everyone has WFH capabilities. Everyone must sit with adequate spacing, and the site is cleaned 3 times per day.

The rules are set to expire by April 14th, but obviously who knows if that will and should happen.

Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Crusty

Post by Crusty » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:17 am

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 am
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Besides, I texted my Wisconsin friends and told them how lucky they were that they have all that Packer gear in case they run out. 😁
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Could always use that gear as backup TP if you had too.. :lol: :lol: