College Hockey 2004-2005

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hawksrock0304

College Hockey 2004-2005

Post by hawksrock0304 »

Well, since high school hockey is a little ways off, I thought I'd start a College Hockey 2004-2005 thread. What are your thoughts on college hockey this season? Comments? Predictions? Who's going to be good? Who's gonna flop? Which team's gonna be a suprise?<br><br>Well, Gophers start tonight with an exhibition against the U. of Calgary, and they play for real on Saturday night against defending champ Denver. That should be a good one. I think the Gophers will do very well this season with some returing talent and a promising freshmen class.<br><br>North Dakota will be good as always. They've got this Travis Zejac who's supposedly one of the best freshman in the nation so that shall be interesting to watch.<br><br>UMD will have another excellent season this year as well.<br><br>I believe that CC will be right up there too along with Wisconsin.<br><br>I basically wrote about the WCHA, but you can talk about other conferences too.<br><br>So, what are your thoughts? <p></p><i></i>
upucker

Gophers

Post by upucker »

I saw the game between Denver and the Gophers, the Gophers looked much faster than last years team and they looked solid on defense too. They will be in the top 4 NCAA this year no doubt about it. Lost Vanek, Taylor and Ballard to the NHL what a statement for the coaching staff at Minnesota. Ryan Potulny had 3 goals, Jake Fleming has got some speed looked like Riddle at times. New guy named Kris Chucko from B.C. Canada looked promising over all they looked like they play together as a team. <p></p><i></i>
hawksrock0304

Gophers

Post by hawksrock0304 »

Yup, Gophers looked very solid against the Pioneers. GR's Goligoski looked very good on defense for his first game. Got an assist, was involved with another goal, played tough and gritty, and got 2 penalties, one which was questionable. Potulny looked awesome out there. He quite possibly could lead the Gophers in points this year. Good win for the U of M. <p></p><i></i>