How good is your HS baseball team going to be this year?

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

qwerty

How good is your HS baseball team going to be this year?

Post by qwerty »

I know CDH is always good, who is going to be good in 7AAA? <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Re: How good is your HS baseball team going to be this year?

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids will be the favorite to win 7AAA...<br>They return key starters:<br>Sr Sam Shaw C (converted from 1B last season) <br>Jr Dan Gilbert 2B<br>Sr Jake Magner SS/P<br>Sr Justin Gambill SS/P<br>Sr Peter Goeman CF<br>So Gabe Wood P<br>Jr Jeremy Schmitz P <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
birdmister

Post by birdmister »

Look for Roseau to compete at state....<br><br>Senior Hockey/Baseball Players:<br><br>Brian McMillin<br>Derek Biermiaer<br>Corey Erickson<br>John Prelvitz<br><br>I could be forgetting some, my sport was always golf.....which should also be heading to state this spring...<br><br>Varsity Hockey/Golf Players:<br><br>Brady Johnson<br>Jake Erickson<br>Aaron Ness<br>Sam Carr<br><br> <p>I know a tie is a lot like kissing your sister, but think of it more like kissing a really hot step-sister.</p><i></i>
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidji has a lot of talented senior leadership.<br>Great pitching with a lot of depth.<br>They should be in the section finals with Brainerd. <p></p><i></i>
MorrisWanchuk

Re: easy

Post by MorrisWanchuk »

better than Duluth Easts,<br><br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:blue;">Brainerd Warriors AA State Champs 1995 2000 runnersup 1996 7 of last 11 state tournament appearances.</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>. <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

CDH, Brainerd, and St. Cloud Cathedral all have amazing baseball history....along with New Ulm and some others...<br><br>CDH will be dominant as usual. Kieger is a stud and they have several other college bound players.<br><br>Brainerd lost a lot when Adain Kummet and Kyle Holbrook graduated, but they always reload. <br><br>Cathedral lost a lot as well. All-State pitcher Peter Burg now at D1 Valporaiso. All-Area center fielder Mike Schmidt at St. Johns. Starting Shortstop to D2 North Dakota. Lost starters at Catcher, First base, shortstop, left field and center field, along with Burg. But, like Brainerd, they always reload.<br><br> <p>Taylor Mattson-The Next Non-Mr. Hockey</p><i></i>
ae42

Post by ae42 »

Roseville should do about the same as its hockey team, my guess is they will finish 15-9-3 <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Looks like the almighty Brainerd Warriors lost 5-2 to St. Cloud Tech. Tech is a team that is flying under the radar, they have some VERY good hitters. If their coach gets them going, they have a shot at state.<br> <p>Taylor Mattson-The Next Non-Mr. Hockey</p><i></i>
boblee

Start of Season

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids is 1-0. The Thunderhawks defeated Minnetonka 10-1 on Wednesday.<br><br>Also, Hopkins looks to be very good this year. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
Irishmans Shanty

Re: Start of Season

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Does this question only apply Minnesota teams? <p></p><i></i>
boblee

No

Post by boblee »

No, it is for any team. Preferably in the tri-state area (MN, ND, WI). But we will take information on any HS baseball team. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
Irishmans Shanty

Re: No

Thanks Bob....With your blessing, I will proceed..........I know that most of us love hockey, but we all know, for at least a couple months a year, we are concerned about a batting average or a USGA GHIN number. As far as High School baseball is concerned, there is a pretty good product in the state that I reside. It's one of those things, the farther South you go, the better the weather gets, the more ignorant that people are about hockey, and the better the baseball and golf are. <br><br>I have always said that in Minnesota, an athlete is defined by what they do in the winter. Was Andy Brink a golfer or a Gopher. Was Tom Nevers a pro SS or a Hornet centerman? Was Ken Gernander a Gopher or a state championsip baseball player? Was Kevin McHale a pumpkin pusher or a tight end?<br><br>What I had to learn upon moving here is that winter sports are not the focus. Believe it or not, your best athletes here are looking to do something in the winter until the baseball season begins in the spring. <br><br>Come state baseball finals time, it will be your traditional programs in the show. Just like MN HS hockey, a new team will punch through here and there, but in the end, half of the field will be the old war horses. <p></p><i></i>
Irishmans Shanty

Bob....your in the loop, what do the Green Raiders have this year? Are they still a force? <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

The Raiders were good several years ago. They traditionally come to the St. Cloud Tourney and are the worst team there. But you're right, several years ago they could sure play ball. <p>Taylor Mattson-The Next Non-Mr. Hockey</p><i></i>
benc14

state?

Post by benc14 »

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I could be forgetting some, my sport was always golf.....which should also be heading to state this spring...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>hopefully Roseau is single A for golf, because if their in 8AA, they have no chance of going to state competing against <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Alexandria</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, 2nd place at state last year, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Moorhead, Detroit Lakes, & Brainerd</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>sorry this post isn't about baseball <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >benc14</A> at: 4/15/06 4:06 pm<br></i>
boblee

Greenway

Post by boblee »

The Radiers are a very decent baseball team. They will do fine in their section, but I highly doubt that they will attend the state tournament. They have a couple good pitchers, but Joe Swan is their only real threat on the hill. Very few people hit the ball hard, but they can hit a little, play a little "d", and get enough pitching to win some games. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
boblee

#4 Grand Rapids

Post by boblee »

The #4 rated Grand Rapids Thunderhawks advance to 3-0 on the year.<br><br>Grand Rapids 9, Superior 4<br>Grand Rapids 3, Superior 1 F/8<br><br>Gabe Wood improves to 1-0 and Jake Magner improves to 1-0. Luke St. Germain pitches a solid inning in relief. The south paw sets them down one, two, three. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
boblee

Big Game Tomorrow

Post by boblee »

Big game tomorrow in Duluth. The Duluth East Greyhounds host the Grand Rapids Thunderhawks. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
boblee

Re: Big Game Tomorrow

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids POUNDS Duluth East 12-1 <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
boblee

Rankings

Post by boblee »

Has anyone seen the latest top tens for baseball? <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
boblee

GR Tourny

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids wins its home tournament with 3 walk off, come-from-behind wins.<br><br>Grand Rapids 5<br>Moorhead 4<br><br>F/8<br><br>Grand Rapids 6<br>Hibbing 5<br><br>Grand Rapids 6<br>Hermantown 5<br><br>F/8<br><br>Hibbing 4<br>Hermantown 3<br><br>Hermantown 16<br>Moorhead 4<br><br>Hibbing 3<br>Moorhead 2<br><br> <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
sterfry9

southern baseball

Post by sterfry9 »

i dont follow baseball to close but i was wondering if the baseball is respectable down in the southern area of the state (big 9 area) <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Ball in the south

Post by boblee »

The only team that I've heard much about from down south is Rochester Mayo. They are supposed to have an excellent team this year, possibly make a run at a state berth, maybe title. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >boblee</A> at: 4/25/06 6:13 am<br></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Re: Ball in the south

Rochester always has an amazing legion team. The Rochester A's. They won the National Legion tourney in I believe 2002. Century is always pretty good. Rochester Lourdes usually has a damn good team.<br><br>I know this is still pretty much the Cities, but Lakeville won the AAA title last year.<br><br>Luverne usually will get a team to state in AA. <p>Taylor Mattson-The Next Non-Mr. Hockey</p><i></i>
boblee

Up North

Post by boblee »

Lakeville beat Grand Rapids 6-1 in the AAA Final last year.<br><br>Up north...Greenway is playing some good AA ball.<br><br>Greenway 17<br>Hill City 5<br><br>Greenway 5<br>Mesabi East 0<br><br>Greenway 5<br>International Falls 4<br><br>F/10 <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>