Ryan Hawkins?

Newguy99

Ryan Hawkins?

Post by Newguy99 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:18 pm

It appears that he is no longer with the Minnesota Blizzard and is not playing for anyone in the NAHL. He was amongst the league leaders in scoring. Does anyone know what happened with him? Bizarre to that he would leave with only a few weeks left. <p></p><i></i>

Thehockeyplaya

Re: Ryan Hawkins?

Post by Thehockeyplaya » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:21 pm

I don't know for sure but if you look Jake Nelson another top player is also not on the roster. They may have been caught drinking or breaking curfew a few times i knoe the Blizzard dont put up with that and cut players if it is repedetly done and they find out. <p></p><i></i>

PASH2

Post by PASH2 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:09 pm

Hawkins left the ice during one of the Blizzard's recent games. They were losing 7-2 and with 50 seconds left i guess he felt more important, so the next day we was sent packing, probably bagging grocery's somewhere. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:14 pm

PASH2:<br><br>Did you say Moss or Hawkins? If that is true, that is too bad - here is a kid that is leading his team in scoring, makes the All-star team and now done!<br><br>FYI: There might be more information on this in the Junior Hockey forum (see the top of the page). <p></p><i></i>

MNPuckster27

Post by MNPuckster27 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:19 pm

What is he going to do next year? I think he is an 84 so his junior career has to come to an end.<br><br>I'd assume somewhere in the MIAC, from what I remember, he is not good enough for D1 and other D3 leagues are too physical for him, from what I know, the MIAC is full of less physical but very skilled players like Hawkins. <p></p><i></i>

GNHogger

Post by GNHogger » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:38 pm

i heard ryan hawkins will be playing college hockey in conneticut...on scholarship. good luck. <p></p><i></i>

dandill15

Post by dandill15 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:42 pm

he is committed to uconn best high school hands ever too <p></p><i></i>

blackeye

no suprise

Post by blackeye » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:45 am

Another fabulously talented HS hockey player that never learned "the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back of the jersey."<br><br>I heard stories of him walking off the bench while he was in HS. Sad. <p></p><i></i>

power92

Re: no suprise

Post by power92 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:13 am

I know this kid and I think we might have another Kaiser situation. He wants to play, but doesn't really want to put in the time it takes to play at the level he is capable of. Let's hope not, because he does have talent. <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Re: no suprise

Post by NPGandyDancer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:16 pm

blackeye...hawkins was the "man" at ep under coach smith. can you elaborate for the posters under what circumstances he walked the bench? i heard he had an attitude so it would not surprise me what he did. <p></p><i></i>

blackeye

"the man"

Post by blackeye » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:38 pm

This is the one common knock that I hear about The high end EP players when they leave, it is that they are allowed to act like prima donna's. When they get to the next level and someone steps on them a little, they don't know how to take it. I shouldn't pick on EP only, it is a concern that many jr. coaches have about MN HS kids.<br><br>I was told that he threw his helmet down the hall and walked off the bench during a lake conference game, then was allowed to return to the same game. True or not? came from a pretty reliable source. <p></p><i></i>

power92

Re: "the man"

Post by power92 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:58 pm

With the talent they have there they should be in the tourny ptretty regularly. Seems they are consumate underachievers when it comes to BIG games. <p></p><i></i>

LloydBraun

Hawkins

Post by LloydBraun » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:56 pm

Hawkins always had a bad attitude in high school, he had talent im not saying he didnt but his attitude was always terrible he was always a really hated player by most teams and coaches. Not to mention his phantom assists he got. <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:12 pm

blackeye. interesting and most likely a true event involving hawkins. many coaches would accept that their primo players will be tempermental and "cut them some slack" i.e. get them back into the game after cooling off between periods. i'm sure smith acquiesced many times...probably for the sake to win the game. not a good message for the rest of the team. and many coaches are tougher...trebil, randolph and sarsland come to mind. no screwing around by anybody...top to bottom or your keisters will moved down to jv. <p></p><i></i>

power92

Post by power92 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:35 pm

and its really interesting how successful the kids are from those programs after high school. AHA, ER, East. Its amazing what solid coaching will do. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... power92</A> at: 3/15/05 3:43 pm<br></i>

puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:26 pm

I remember the game that Blackeye was talking about. Hawkins took a couple runs at a player, then took a penalty, back on the ice from the penalty and took another run at player but was not called.<br><br>Got back to the bench and EP coach had a couple words to Hawkins - not sure what was said to Hawkins - took off his helmet - sent it flying and in to the locker room he went.<br><br>He showed up back on the bench before his next shift and hit the ice.<br><br>Kind of sad!<br><br>Wow - that is stretching the memory a bit! <p></p><i></i>

Wildhockey55

Post by Wildhockey55 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:27 am

no surprise he didnt miss any shifts. Lee smith is just an aweful coach. Had he sat hawkins, parents probably woulda been all over him. Its just too bad a city like ep has so much talent and is run by the parents. o well- thats politics for ya... <p></p><i></i>

LloydBraun

EP coach

Post by LloydBraun » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:34 am

I am sure there is alot of things you can say positive about smith but if you stand by while ryan hawkins is gettin phantom assists and you know about it thats not a good coach in my book <p></p><i></i>

Hockeybutt

put him to rest

Post by Hockeybutt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:44 am

Heres an idea , I have heard nothing but crappy things about this kid and we know he loves his name in lights. He is going to U Conn , its a friggen basketball school . Good luck to him lets now talk about good players ..( cuz I know some players at U Conn) Lets turn the page and talk about good players that also think about their team mates !!!!! <p></p><i></i>

Ibleedgreen

hawkins

Post by Ibleedgreen » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:04 am

hawkins is a punk..........always has been and always will be. he's an average hockey player at best who fancies himself a sniper. i see him as a lazy hockey player who only plays for himself, tries to get people to notice him with all his gay looking gloves and skates. if he only knew how much people laugh at him maybe he would wake up and try to act normal. his youth hockey and high school coaches help to make him the punk he is. <p></p><i></i>