northern teams need to play a home and away?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

blues73

northern teams need to play a home and away?

Post by blues73 »

it is certain now that there are 7-teams in the northern league moorhead , bemidji, brainerd, grand rapids, duluth , chisholm and cloquet the problem is no one has made it official that these teams play a home and away game!!! this would take the guess work out of seedings for regions! i wish someone would step on board and make this manditory <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: northern teams need to play a home and away?

Post by elliott70 »

It is difficult to mandate across four district lines - 11, 12 (IR), 15 & 16. The four directors and the gold VP need to put their heads together and make a decision one way or another.<br><br>It would make sense in terms of seeding and game scheduling.<br><br>The Bemidji coach told me it may be in the works. <p></p><i></i>
goalieguy35

Post by goalieguy35 »

doesn't walker have there own jr. gold team this year.<br> <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

My understanding is that they will be a B team.<br><br><br>ttt <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... liott70</A> at: 12/21/05 3:55 pm<br></i>
hawkeyes100

Post by hawkeyes100 »

I agree to Duluth, Grand Rapids and Moorhead as A teams. Chisholm and Cloquet I don't know much about the make up of players yet. But Brainerd and Bemidji moving up to A hockey. I'm for more teams to play but at what cost, Duluth, Grand Rapids and Moorhead will hands down walk over Brainerd and Bemidji. I watched both A and B teams play and find it hard to believe an A move is good for those two teams. <p></p><i></i>
freighttrain

A teams

Post by freighttrain »

Are some of these teams moving up to play A's also doing it so that there may be more than 1 seed for the northern teams for state. I dont know if they had more than 1 seed last year. I am a coach for the IGH Jr Gold B team and dont really follow the A level or the northern teams that much. <p></p><i></i>
goalieguy35

Re: A teams

Post by goalieguy35 »

i really don't think they are going to walk over brainerd you will be suprised this year. They also made stricter rules about B teams playing withA teams in tournys this year.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ieguy35</A> at: 11/15/05 8:35 pm<br></i>
BrdHock

Post by BrdHock »

i dont think those A teams will walk all over brainerd at all, were a much more improved team this year and have a goaltender who will not let any bad shots in.. so i would take back what you said about us bc if you dont you will find out the hard way, i really dont think anyone will walk all over us this year you may be surprised. we have some kids that can really skate this year and provide some offense as well as defense <p></p><i></i>