BLAINE next year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will they win the section?

No, they will lose to Wayzata
33%
No, they will lose to Armstrong
10%
No, they will lose to a diff. team
57%

Total votes: 21

speakingthetruth

BLAINE next year

Post by speakingthetruth »

Give me your thoughts..........
boblee

Post by boblee »

interesting year for many teams, including blaine, to see if they can make it back to the big show
gomnhky

Post by gomnhky »

Way too soon to make any sensible predictions; however, did get the chance to see them play on Sunday at Buffalo against Maple Grove. Left after two periods and Blaine was winning something like 8-3 and had over 40 shots on goal. They looked to have lots of speedy forwards who could put the puck in the net. Hard to know what level of players were playing for each team but Blaine was definitely quicker - not as big as last year's team but maybe faster and grittier. Goalie was not tested alot and defense seemed to play pretty steady and moved the puck prettywell. Can't really make any assumptions this time of year.
Hockey=Life

Post by Hockey=Life »

I caught the end of the Blaine MG game and the final scored ended with Blaine 11 , Maple Grove 5. shots .. Blaine- 51 .. Maple Grove-15, Blaine won the tourney in Buffalo defeating Rosemount 5-2 , Buffalo 7-0 , and Maple Grove 11-5. Take it for what it's worth but it's just summer hockey, so I guess they looked all right.
hockeyguy99

adf

Post by hockeyguy99 »

You have to take into account that the golie that Maple Grove was usuing played Bantam B1's last year. Their starter could not make the game.
my2cents

Blaine

Post by my2cents »

Of the 10 Sr's they lose, 6 were impact players including their goalie. They still retain 5 of their top scorers and will have a few strong soph's from last year's Bantam A's and a couple from JV to fill in holes. This will make them just as deep next year which was their biggest asset. They should have two high flying lines and a decent third line along with 3 strong D to make them competitive with any team. The big question will be goaltending where they are untested.

Anoka will be stronger than last year's young team. Those two would be my preseason favorites in this region.
cheapshot

Blaine next season

Post by cheapshot »

In looking at the Elite league rosters, Blaine has five players in the league. I would think that would give them a little advantage in terms of being a favorite for next season wouldn't it? Besides Blaine section 4 looks to have Anoka as a decent team and Osseo always seems to be competitive? What do others think?
RinkRat10506

Blaine

Post by RinkRat10506 »

You did not include a part of the poll if we think they will win the section.
cheapshot

Post by cheapshot »

I agree. I think that Blaine is surely the favorite to win the section and there should be a category to check for them winning it all. However, I do think Anoka will give a strong challenge. The Bengals just have too much firepower for anyone to knock them off.
straightsnipe14

Post by straightsnipe14 »

During that Tournament i heard that Blaine was using their full Varsity roster an only that, MG was runnin 5 lines it looked like, an also i heard 2 kids from MG werent there because of Elite 1 tryouts. So who knows about them
betweenthepipes

Blaine

Post by betweenthepipes »

If Maple Grove was missing kids for elite tryouts then id be pretty positive that Blaine would be missing more for tryouts cause I think I remember seeing 4-5 kids from Blaine in the elite league.
straightsnipe14

Post by straightsnipe14 »

actually i was watchin an i saw playing for blaine. Lynch baudette an schaber all play along with carson an others as well. and for Maple Grove they were Missing Loney and Benson
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

its blaine's tourney spot to lose
gomnhky

Post by gomnhky »

I was at Fogerty for the Elite 2 tryouts for our section. Blaine had a nice group of young players trying out and I believe I heard atleast three or four made the final team. I was also watching some of their "big guns" working out in the training room (first I had seen this facility - nice addition for Fogerty)and was pretty impressed with their training - does anyone know who their training instructor is? Also heard that the kid from Utah had been in town and sounds like he is a definite for next season. Someone said he's a pretty big kid - like 6'4" (hopefully he can move with that type of size). Not really any big scoop but with the talk about some of the returning players to Blaine, thought it was worth mentioning that it looks like they will also have some good "up and comers" to challenge for some spots next year.
cheapshot

gomn response

Post by cheapshot »

Heard today from a reliable source that the kid from Utah is definitely coming to Blaine... he is something like six foot five. Also hear that Schwartz (forget the first name), is also enrolled at Blaine. I also know that the workout guy at Blaine is Caroll (spelling)who has a brother that plays at UMD. Did you have a kid in the tryout gomnhky?
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

Won't these kids have to sit due to Transfer rules?
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

big_thurst wrote:Won't these kids have to sit due to Transfer rules?
Not if its their first transfer and they attend the first day of school at the new school. The out of state transfer I'm not sure of, I think he has to sit out half the season.
netster2

Post by netster2 »

With all of the VERY strong forwards coming back - Blaine will be VERY good this season!!!!
Stateofhcky76

Blaine

Post by Stateofhcky76 »

Anyone:

Is Schwartz factually attending Blaine? Also, enlighten me about Blaine's defense?

Thanks,
Stateofhcky76
(aka mnhockey39)
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

With the goaltending Blaine has added and the offense the Elks have added, it leads me to suggest that we'll watch a great matchup unfold and the Elks and Bengals will be slugging it out atop the NWSC
cheapshot

Elks and Bengals

Post by cheapshot »

I agree biggie....I know that the Elks will be very solid defensively. Blaine will be very good offensively. With the additions that Blaine made in the nets they could be tough to beat. Likewise the additions made up front for the Elks will make them tough. I don't think Blaine's d men get any props (especially Carson and Hickey).. i was surprised when Hickey didn't make elite....does anyone know if he is playing elite II?