Any suprising teams in class AA this year?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

What team do you think could make the most shock?

Maple Grove
39%
Mounds View
5%
Anoka
39%
Hastings
17%

Total votes: 41

speakingthetruth

Any suprising teams in class AA this year?

Post by speakingthetruth »

What teams will make a shock that didn't last year?
Section3Ahockey

AA surprise

Post by Section3Ahockey »

I think that Rochester Century will have another good year this coming year.
Section3Ahockey
hockeyguy99

Maple Grove/Anoka

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Maple Grove has great goaltending, and a very good young class coming up. They also have a solid senior core. Maple Grove could suprise in 4AA

Anoka also is going to cause a threat as well. Scott, Oneil, Delile(sp)? are all very good Sophmores and Juniors. Hopefully they will get the goaltending they need from J.D Wells. If they do, watch out for Anoka.
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

Anoka was a very young team last year I think ... I may be totally wrong here though ... so by those measures I'm going to say that they will be the best team in that poll above
puck

hm

Post by puck »

hm will be good with arnt, among others
wbmd

Re: hm

Post by wbmd »

puck wrote:hm will be good with arnt, among others
The topic is "surprising" teams in AA. Hill-Murray being good isn't a surprise.
Charliedog

Anoka

Post by Charliedog »

My vote goes to Anoka. They beat Hill-Murray in a late season scrimmage this past year.
ZAMBONI

ROCHESTER CENTURY.

Post by ZAMBONI »

SECTION3AHOCKEY. I hear ya. I also think century will be a power-house this year. I don't know who there net tender is or how good they are but this team will be loaded with talented forwards. Look at the elite 1 roster for team southeast and you can see alot of players on there from century. They will be fun to watch and should also give lakeville a run for the spot at state. Also they will be the favorite to win the BIG 9.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

i think chaska will be the biggest shock this season. they got arguably the best goalie (rob kreuser, even though i hear he may transfer to minnetonka) they got a lot of good defence and their offence will be way above average. i think they could get 1,2,3 in the conference this year.
puck

Re: Anoka

Post by puck »

Charliedog wrote:My vote goes to Anoka. They beat Hill-Murray in a late season scrimmage this past year.
I know hill lost to blaine
in a scrimmage, and at state but not Anoka. and by the way hill lost
alot of seniors plus pryor and hoeffel. So it has to be a surprise team.
also if arnt and the jv do not step up.
puck

Re: hm

Post by puck »

wbmd wrote:
puck wrote:hm will be good with arnt, among others
The topic is "surprising" teams in AA. Hill-Murray being good isn't a surprise.
Not so fast pal they lost 9 seniors plus pryor and
hoeffel so jv has to step up.Do you follow them weekly ,I doubt it.
Stars67

Anoka

Post by Stars67 »

Im not positive but Im pretty sure Anoka is returning its junior goalie from last season who play the majority of the games and all of the crucial ones in that being Senior Brandon Eason. I saw him in a few games and he looked solid but Wells is also a solid player I dont believe goaltending will be the weakness though with Eason being a member of the 17 Final 51s a year ago and Wells with the 16s this year. The problems I see will come from the Defensive core???
OgieOgilthorpe

Post by OgieOgilthorpe »

Hastings mentioned in this poll? They are going to have a very rough season, but If Russ Welch can pull a rabbit out of his, I guess they could get over .500.
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

I'd say Anoka will surprise the most. I don't beleive the hype surrounding Maple Grove.
HockeyObserver19

Post by HockeyObserver19 »

I agree with you on Anoka. There

There is no hype surrounding Maple Grove. All people are trying to say is Maple Grove is going to make some noise if teams take them lightly. Maple Grove has a good golie, a fairly good first line, and some talented young kids coming up. NWSC will be interesting :D
65one

Post by 65one »

One team that may suprise this year could be Eagan. They played in the tourney last year, and many thought it was a fluke. They return their leading scorer, and have three defencemen back that logged a lot of ice time last season. A new goalie has also transferred to play for the Wildcats this season. Wouldnt suprise me to see Eagan have another good year, and may suprise a few teams.
dangles07

Surpising Teams

Post by dangles07 »

Edina, call it a suprise or not, will be good but sucha tough section will make thigns difficult for them but the talent is there especially with some amazing sophomores
toeblake05

Post by toeblake05 »

edina might be ok this season good group of sophmores
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

saying the sophmores are good is an understatement.