peewee teams and players

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

A Few Recent Peewee A Scores:

Lakeville So - 9
Chaska - 7

Apple Valley - 7
Lakeville So - 2

Duluth East - 5
Centennial - 2
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

Edina - 4
Mpls Park - 1

Shots were 34 to 17 in favor of Mpls Park.
Edina capitalized on their chances, Park did not.
jackstraw

Mpls./Park

Post by jackstraw »

That's very good new's for Mpls./Park
ruprecht

Post by ruprecht »

Congrats to Mpls Park! That's a real moral victory--I'm glad to see that situation is going to work out.
Gardez toujours votre bâton sur la glace...
tunavichy

Post by tunavichy »

That's great maybe you could combine with another oraganization and beat my alma mater next time. But I bet not.
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

Maybe you could field an A team and play B level hockey.
Good luck with that.
Hope it works well for your kids.
tunavichy

Post by tunavichy »

That is why we will go to the regionals again in B pee wees and get rated 8th in the state.
tunavichy

Post by tunavichy »

READ ON!!!!!!!!
Last edited by tunavichy on Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tunavichy

Post by tunavichy »

I work with a guy that seen Forest Lake Pee wees beat Johnson 5 to 2 and he said Johnson should play in the B league also this year. Unless they can combine with someone like other areas seem to be doing to get more players and hang on for a couple more years instead of addressing the problem in there own area.
Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

Tuna,
Even if we only had 15 total Pee Wee's at least we go "A"not like your association. SW/SLP Coach it sounds like you guys played Edina tough. I hope you don't take it out on us, Highland is suppose to have the top team.
TyrellFashizo

Post by TyrellFashizo »

There is a whole thread dedicated to your thoughts and opinions guys. Keep this one open to the scores.
SWPrez

MPLS*Park vs Lakeville South

Post by SWPrez »

Folks, I will beat SW/SLP Coach to the post on this one:

MPLS*Park 2
Lakeville So 3

Shots were 24-23. Lakeville scored with a little over a minute left on a nice powerplay goal to break the tie.

Once these kids figure out that it is OK for District 1 teams to beat decent suburban teams...they will be on their way. They seem content on keeping it close rather than going for the kill. Should be a fun year regardless. swprez
lowlyIQ

Post by lowlyIQ »

Don't you mean a distict 1 all star team from Minneapolis excluding Washburn. poor Washburn and Edison Southwest went out of the district to merge.
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

Washburn was the first team that Southwest talked to regarding a merger, last season.
Washburn was again offered prior to this season. After discussions, it did not work out for Washburn.
Edison is further away from the Southwest boundary than St. Louis Park is.
Many of the kids that play for Southwest Assoc live with in 1-2 blocks of many of the kids from the St. Louis Park Assoc. The boundaries border each other and it makes a lot of sense.
lowlyIQ

Post by lowlyIQ »

We could say the same thing between us and Johnson but I know there to proud to combine just to last a couple of years longer. These mergers are just hiding the fact that one or both areas cannot sustain teams themselves.
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

lowlyIQ wrote:These mergers are just hiding the fact that one or both areas cannot sustain teams themselves.
LowlyIQ:
I am not even going to attempt to deny that. That is probably one of the reasons these areas are doing what they can to allow the kids that do play, in their area, every opportunity they can. Right or Wrong, they are being proactive in searching out ways to help the players they do have.
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

lowlyIQ wrote:poor Washburn and Edison Southwest went out of the district to merge.
Edison has merged teams this season with Tri-City.
Kudos to both areas.
My guess is Washburn and Richfield COULD be next.
hockeymom6t9

Post by hockeymom6t9 »

Richfield and Washburn will NOT BE NEXT. I respectfully accept this as your personal opinion, but I am on the board for Richfield and after hearing about you and the johnson people blabber last year, I had to see if there was any credit to this board. Guess not, we are just fine with money, just fine with numbers and just fine. Thanks for asking though.

By the way, I'll be at the District meeting tonight, and I'll be sure to find you and we can talk some more SW/SLP Coach.

Cindy
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

Again, that was just my GUESS.
and I said COULD.

Yes, that is all it was, an opinion.

I know that I never stated anything about money for any association.
If one team (or maybe 2) per level at PW and Ban, is ok for your Association, GREAT, more power to you. I wish both associations the best of luck.

:::EDIT:::
See you there, Cindy....
I'll be meeting with Washburn to reschedule something.
I will also TRY to meet w/ Edison to reschedule....
I'll be wearing a Brown & Tan hat.
Josh
Last edited by SLP/SW Coach on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowlyIQ

Post by lowlyIQ »

Cindy is my imaginary friend I am having a birthday party for her with a Dairy Queen cake.
lowlyIQ

Post by lowlyIQ »

SW/SLP coach,
Did Cindy bring her cake to the district meeting or did she ditch you?
SLP/SW Coach

Post by SLP/SW Coach »

There was cake? :o
And I didn't get any....now I'm mad :cry:
duffus

Post by duffus »

Did Cindy show?
tunavichy

Post by tunavichy »

We at the Como table think we figured out who Cindy is. We talked to all the Irondale folks and they said they have no Cindy. So we went to each table to ask if they seen Cindy. Every table was asked except one in front. First she is a he and he talked to Dennis Alm before the meeting and sat at the front table alone with a black jacket on and a gray ball cap. He looked like Jerry Lewis except more sinester. All were looking for cake but there was none.
Slfgc (Still looking for good coaches) and cake Cindy.
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Are you guys that hard up that you have to talk about stuff like that on a hockey forum?