Mahtomedi

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mahtomedi 5A #1 seed?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 16

HShockeywatcher

Mahtomedi

Post by HShockeywatcher »

They went to Spring Lake Park, St Louis Park, and Red Wing and came away with impressive wins and hosted Totino Grace and came away with a 2 goal win. I would never have predicted this preseason. Could they be a 5A force this year? 3 of those wins came against section opponents, they have both Breck and Blake also on their schedule later in the season, but Breck has proven not impressive this year. Could a non-private school come out of 5A?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

It's much too early to tell. Let the season play out and then decide. Not after half a month.
HShockeywatcher

Well obviously. That can be said for most things. But let's not discuss things anymore, right?

All I'm saying is the Mahtomedi team I've seen play the last few years does not come away with the wins they have. New players, or what happened?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

I agree Mahtomedi could be a force this year in 5A # 1 seed ??
However,
Rogers/Zimm are now 6-0 Also beating SpLpk, St. Fancis, Cambridge,STMA, and Waseca, and Holy Family, and for the most part impressive wins (score wise) with a 39-6 GF GA , but they also don't have a win like Totino....at least yet.
HShockeywatcher

Rogers doesn't have much of a schedule, or a section schedule.

Blake lost to Lourdes also, so I'm thinking we could see Mahtomedi in the X.
boblee

Post by boblee »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
Blake lost to Lourdes also, so I'm thinking we could see Mahtomedi in the X.
After two weeks you think that? Slow down.
HShockeywatcher

I didn't say will, I said could. We COULD also see St Paul Como Park. Anything can happen. But like I've said many times, this is a discussion board, so yeah. but I think today's game hosting Tartan will tell a lot.
hockeystar24

Post by hockeystar24 »

not a chance! section 5 is know for private schools and i think mahtomedi is having a lucky start. They always seem to be knocked out early. In the past 3 years they have beatin Totino early in the season but seem to lose to them in sections. Totino always has a slow start but when they get going look out.