FSN Hockey Night December 15th

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:54 am

Grand Rapids
18%
Moorhead
82%

Total votes: 79

Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

I watched the game in person and GR didn't have a single player on the ice that could play on Moorhead's third line
Hmm....I may have to disagree with you there
boblee

Post by boblee »

HOFamer wrote:Spuds are the best in the State....period.
If this is true then Rapids is certainly ok. Lost 5-3 and gutted it out with out Patrick White, Brett Cone, or Kyle Welliver. And Zach Morse who hadn't touched ice since the Greenway game. Good effort by the Indians.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

MOORHEAD SPUDS wrote:
I don't think so. When Grand Rapids gets healthy they will be just as good as anyone else.
Hahahaha. I watched the game in person and GR didn't have a single player on the ice that could play on Moorhead's third line. Moorhead dominated them all night, Rapids D were slow and Moorhead just walked right around them. Give me a break....Give Moorhead the respect they deserve.
Worst analysis I've ever seen on this board. A win by 2 goals is complete domination? It will be just like last year. Moorhead beats Rapids in regular season. Rapids gets last laugh when they are at the Xcel and Moorhead isn't.
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

Facts from the game:
Jordy WAS the best player on the ice
GR DID NOT get blown away
Moorhead DID play a very good game (so don't say they didn't)
GR WILL improve and be better when healthy
hotpotato81

I agree

Post by hotpotato81 »

I agree 5-3 is not dominating on the scoreboard. However Moorhead was clearly in control the entire game. The best team doesn't always win which we have all seen many times throughout the years. AHA didn't win it all last year and the spuds didn't win it all in 05. Everyone needs to remember that none of these teams will go far in March unless they continue to progress throughout the season. It doesn't matter what team you are talking about, keep playing at the same level and don't continue to improve throughout the season and they will be passed.

The Spud team that played last night will not win the section title, let alone go any farther unless they improve in a number of areas. 1) Consistent goaltending 2) improve the level of play and intensity on lines 2 and 3 3) limit mistakes in their own end.

Other teams including Roseau and GR will improve throughout the season. That is why we play the games. With Moorhead's tough schedule, hopefully they will work hard and improve an equal amount, maintaining their advantage. It is crazy to predict at this point at what level bunch of high school kids will perform at 4 months from now.

I like Moorhead’s chances in March, as good as any team they have had in recent memory at this time of the season. It will all depend on how motivated they remain. They are certainly off to a good start.
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

I would have to say it was a domination, GR had three lucky goals that should have never went in and the puck was in the GR zone for probably 80% + of the game, the score does not show a good representation of how badly Moorhead outplayed GR.