Minnesota vs. North Dakota

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Would Fargo South be a top 10 team in Minnesota

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 65

Connor Banks

Post by Connor Banks »

My new question I post is if there are or are not Wisconsin schools that play a Minnesota schedule? Is this true? I though up by Duluth there is a school or two. Maybe I am wrong. Also is Fargo South, or any other school able to make a bid with MSHSL to get into a Minnesota schedule? Just think how much better section 8AA would be with Grand Forks Red River and Fargo South in it. Year in and year out there would be 3-5 teams making a bid for State instead of 1-2. I am not saying that they can or anything I am just wondering if MSHSL offers that option to North Dakota and Wisconsin teams
Hot potato!
Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 »

Minnesota has 150 plus teams......North Dakota has 18 teams.
I dont think it would work out.....
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!
D-wins

FSH

Post by D-wins »

I agree with Bob. Fargo could sqweek in the top 20, but not top 10. Useing the couple games they played in that mini rink they play in doesn't work. Plus when they played Moorhead they only used 2 lines and Moorhead used 4.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

You and Bob are both wrong. They're better than that.
DrPepper11

Re: FSH

Post by DrPepper11 »

D-wins wrote:I agree with Bob. Fargo could sqweek in the top 20, but not top 10. Useing the couple games they played in that mini rink they play in doesn't work. Plus when they played Moorhead they only used 2 lines and Moorhead used 4.
Moorhead did not use four lines. Each team was playing all three lines with the number ones matching up, the number twos, matching up, and the number threes matching up. The guys on the top two lines obviously got more playing time during powerplay and penalty kill situations and when it got down to the last about 6 minutes.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Superior plays like 12 MN games in every sport because they are in the Lake Superior Conference which is comprised of Duluth are schools and Wisc. Superior High. Not just hockey. Probably one of the reasons they used to be good. But now it's just a way for MN to continue to prove they are better. I think it would be interesting to see a round robin on the top 5 from MN play the top 5 from WI.
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

North Dakota has a grand total of 8 kids playing division 1 hockey. Minnesota has 214. No other state is even close. So what if one team does well against a few Minnesota teams. It's like the Stanley Cup for them.
Connor Banks

Post by Connor Banks »

Carpenter I think you point is rather invalid. If you take the number of Division I players compared to the number of actual players they have year in and year out they would probably be only slightly below Minnesota. Think about the number of players Minnesota has playing total....It would be close percentage wise.
Hot potato!