Centennial@White Bear Lake

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Centennial
44%
White Bear Lake
56%

Total votes: 34

newSPUDfan

Post by newSPUDfan »

Ankles Pierre, Jr. wrote:Great, just what this world needs... another newSpudfan.
Neutron 14 wrote:Imagine my surprise to hear from the announcers that Centennial is a private school...
What did AP tell you! We're taking over.
Maybe I need a new Moniker. That one is about three years old. Sounded better than oldspudfan, though.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

3-2, PP goal by WB
stars612

Post by stars612 »

4-2 Pitlick scores his second of the night
Third times a charm.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

4-2 Centennial, Pitlick gets his second. He's a sophmore, but agewise should still be playing bantams.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

4-3, Tyler Strand has not been playing well in goal for Centennial.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Neutron 14 wrote:4-3, Tyler Strand has not been playing well in goal for Centennial.
Why isn't Hanna playing? Didn't he play against Moorhead?
Third times a charm.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Maybe they wore him out? :lol:
newSPUDfan

Post by newSPUDfan »

Neutron 14 wrote:Maybe they wore him out? :lol:
Any idea how much time is left?
pokechecker

Post by pokechecker »

What a boneheaded penalty for WBL's Hartmann!
Empty net goal game over.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

5 - 3 Centennial with 59 seconds left....
newSPUDfan

Post by newSPUDfan »

Zamman wrote:5 - 3 Centennial with 59 seconds left....
Thank you. Should be a nice Chiefs Vs. Hell's Angels matchup tomorrow!
wildhckyfan14

Post by wildhckyfan14 »

Anybody else at the game here Centennials annoying fan's tonight after the empty netter they did the so and so goalie is a great big sieve do da do da chant... because yes, they are that smart.
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Yea, they are pretty retarded. That Hartmann penalty for running into the goalie was the worst call i've seen so far this year. Cent does it 5-7 times and no call, WB does it once and they send him to the box? Dont know what the refs were on tonight, they screwed up a decent amount. Not to mention the Cent head coach is a cock. Durin the WB time-out in the last min, he yells to Schmitt "I wouldnt put 23 on the ice if I were you". Now, coming from a player, thats not bad, but from their head coach? Shows how much respect they have, they might as well just close down the school and divide the players between WBL, HM and Mahtomedi.
guitarer1c

Post by guitarer1c »

I was at the game, and though I am a White Bear homer, I agree about the penalty against Hartmann.

Now, my question is, why didn't Jake Hansen play at all in the 2nd period? I saw him sitting on the bench adjusting his elbow pad on his right arm, but he immediately played with no real problems in the 3rd. Any ideas? With him in the game, the result might have been very different.
Guet0001

Post by Guet0001 »

From what i heard... hanson swore in the locker room after the first period.. and the coach benched him for the second... and can you believe it.. the first period he scored... the second when he was sitting.. wbl did nothing... when he came back in the third.. he got an assist and the team looked ok again.. dont get me wrong im a wbl fan.. but why did segar bench him over such a small thing... but yeah a good game by both teams... you know who caught my eye out there was number 24 galloway.. he was getting alot of ice time and playing very well out there... when it comes down to section time.. it is going to be nuts..
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

boblee wrote:WBL will win this one and stay hot, but they will have to cool down Jordan Singer to do so...

WBL 5
Centennial 3
Really?????????? :D
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

WBLM wrote:Yea, they are pretty retarded. That Hartmann penalty for running into the goalie was the worst call i've seen so far this year. Cent does it 5-7 times and no call, WB does it once and they send him to the box? Dont know what the refs were on tonight, they screwed up a decent amount. Not to mention the Cent head coach is a cock. Durin the WB time-out in the last min, he yells to Schmitt "I wouldnt put 23 on the ice if I were you". Now, coming from a player, thats not bad, but from their head coach? Shows how much respect they have, they might as well just close down the school and divide the players between WBL, HM and Mahtomedi.
Centennial already gave you #23 Schmitt, what more do you want? ImageImage
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Perhaps Sager was trying the teach the kid a little calls and dignity
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Hansen's absence in the second was quite noticeable as WBL didn't have much offense at all. I really don't have a problem with Sager keeping him out for disciplinary reasons, assuming that's why he didn't play. It takes some guts and sends a message to the rest of the team that the best player on the team isn't going to get any special treatment. Hansen has had a tendency to take some dumb penalties so Sager might be trying to send him a message. On the ice Hansen was WBL's best player, the two periods he was in he caused a lot of conundrums for Centennial.

Speaking of Sager, did he go to a Tony Sarsland Coaching Camp over the summer for yelling lessons? I was sitting across the ice and could still hear him yelling at his players, I don't remember him being quite so vocal in the past.

I agree on Galloway, WBL's no.24, playing a good game, I thought he played well on Tuesday too. He's a solid stay at home defenseman. WBL's goalie was also very sharp, robbing the Cougars several times.

I was probably watching WBL closer than Centennial so I didn't pick out any specific Centennial players as outstanding, but they really played a good team game with a nice example being near the end of the game where they kept WBL bottled up in their own end. It will be interesting to see how long they can run with AHA tonight. I'd expect the Stars to get a quick goal or two before Centennial gets up to speed and then another burst from AHA in the third when Centennial's a little more tired. I'm not slamming Centennial, it just seems like AHA has a juggernaut this year.
THEGunslinger

Perspective

Post by THEGunslinger »

I too was at the game (sat in the Centennial end) and watched this game. I thought Centennials goalie was TERRIBLE! I thought Centennial worked very hard, and just flat out, out played WBL the second period. I thought that WBL played OK at times, and looked lost at others. I know Hanson did not play during the second period and this is what I found out after talking to one of the players parents today.

Well... according to my source Hanson was benched because he LOUDLY swore on the ice after a bad pass or miscomunication with one of his players, and his tantrum continued to the bench. This occured late in the 1st period. He was supposed to be for a short time, one or two shifts. According to what I understood that didnt go over well with Hanson and Hanson then began to "up" the coach on the bench, so at that point he was benched the rest of the first period, Hanson continued to "up" the coach, so Sager benched him the entire second period also. If this is accurate, which im sure it is, then I commend the coach. Many might think its not the right thing to do, but in this case Im going to say it was. I think the messege sager sent to the entire team was key! This is not about one guy, but a group of 20 playing together.

Speaking of that.... In a prior post someone said that the D #24 played well. Personally I thought he was WBL's worst D on the Ice... I thought he was slow, and looked unsure of where he was supposed to be at times! So, maybe I didnt see what everyone else did! Personally I think the D of WBL is not what it used to be.... and where was the Johnson Kid... Did he go play Juniors? I see he was not in the lineup at all for the first 2 games?

WBL goaltender was solid!

The Slinger
boblee

Post by boblee »

Centennial is coming together and boblee was slow in catching that...
wblhockguy06

Post by wblhockguy06 »

that johnson kid that plays D that you are talking about has a seperated shoulder and is out 3 weeks from what I was told. But yeah, he is WBL's 2nd best defensemen behind wolfgram.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Who was White Bears goalie against Centennial?
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Slinger, if the situation with Hansen was as you described I agree completely with you. The coach has to do something in a situation like that or he risks losing the whole team.

That was me (and an earlier poster) who raved about WBL's 24. What I saw was a kid who'd go in the corners and dig out the puck, didn't seem to be rattled by the forecheck and made sure he was covering and getting back quickly on D. Slinger, I respect your opinion too much to dismiss it, so you probably saw some things that I didn't.

The goalie was no.31, junior Aaron Corey according to the MSHSL site. He caused quite a few conundrums for Centennial.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Hanson has a definite attitude problem and needs to grow up if he wants any shot at playing D-1. The kid has tremendous offensive skills, but needs to be a leader. Ripping teamates and disrespecting coaches, will get you a spot on the bench, not with the Gophers. He has played better without the puck lately.