White Bear Lake @ Hill Murray Rematch

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will the Bears make it 1-1 against their rivals on the year?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 39

sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

sconny is a nickname for wisconsin, i was saying i cant wait for the wisconsin kids to be eligible
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

WBJG-4-life wrote:
Quick question to WB people. A couple of weeks ago I grabbed a Let's Play Hockey and noticed that there wasn't a WB team in the top 20 in the Bantam A's. Was this a misprint or is WB down at that level this year?
It seems that WB is down in most levels of play and in numbers for the older kids.

down a little bit from last year but LPH is a total joke atleast for bantam A. they have beaten quite a few of teams that are ranked and should be easily in atleast the top 20 if not top 15
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

That is what is wanted to know Sach. I knew 'scony is a nickname for Wisconsin...just didn't want any confusion there...could have been the kids real last name. Where is he from in WI?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Curious about the game and the dumb penalties, just about everyone on here is talking about them like other people know, can you elaborate? Thanks
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Additional Players

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

Andy Singerhouse (F/Jr) transferred from Hudson, Wisconsin.
Nick Widing (F/So) lives in Somerset.
Ankles Pierre commuted from... hey, not so fast... you can't trick AP that easily.
Joe O'Brien (D/Jr) bros: Jim (Gophers), Tom (G'06), transferred from AAA MI (also east of the St. Croix River).
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

HShockeywatcher wrote:Curious about the game and the dumb penalties, just about everyone on here is talking about them like other people know, can you elaborate? Thanks
Nobody tell him; if you do, he'll just keep asking you again and again!
schwang17

WBL-HM

Post by schwang17 »

"Hill is pathetic. They dive more than any other team i've seen play. I could count atleast 8, and 3 or so got called penalties against WBL."

WBL has had penalty issues all year. Instead of placing blame everywhere else, maybe WBL should look in the mirror and fix their problems in house. They've taken numerous stupid, mentally challenged penalties in the games I've seen where nobody dove at all.
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

Thanks AP...man Somerset lost a couple of kids then...Monpetit (spelling) went out to Ann Arbor now this other kid at Hill. Good to see a kid from my hometown go to get a better "education."
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

I didn't have to look in the mirror to see Hanson get hooked around the neck go uncalled and then falling swings at the puck on the ice and get called for slashing.. i think maybe Ankles or Lechner sold him a pair of the green shaded glasses between periods. :D
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Another Pair?

SEC Scotty wrote:i think maybe Ankles or Lechner sold him a pair of the green shaded glasses between periods.
AP could even sell some to SEC Scotty; AP's THAT good (and looks like maybe SEC needs a new pair... of glasses anyway)!
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

anybody know what was with the extra-long standoff after the national anthem before this game? Haven't seen that before...
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Wow AP, you sound so smart. Actually, not telling me, as you did, would be a reason for me to keep asking, as I am curious and uninformed. But instead of being courteous, you chose to slander every time I make a comment. What a nice person.

Since the beginning of the season I've been saying what schwan said; instead of complaining about the penalties, stop doing the things that get them called. I can understand complaining the first 2 games, but after that, it's on you.
Trashman

Montpetit

Post by Trashman »

Hey cheddarhead, Montpetit went to Shattuck-St, Mary's in Faribault, not to the NDP in Ann Arbour
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Admiring Perfection

HShockeywatcher wrote:Wow AP, you sound so smart. What a nice person.
No comment; nothing to add.
Last edited by Ankles Pierre, Jr. on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trashman

Sconny guys

Post by Trashman »

Hey AP, out of 8 goals the Hill JV scored in the Schwans cup, Singerhouse had 3 G and 3A. not sure what Widing tallied in the first two games, but I heard he had 2G, & 2A in the consolation win over Holy Angels. Those guys will be eligible Jan 16, vs Henry Sibley
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Additional Points!

Congrats to them and HMJV... 10 extra points... lookout AHA!
chedderhead69

Post by chedderhead69 »

Thanks T-man...I thought it was Ann Arbor my bad. Is there much difference? :P
concentration_camps

Post by concentration_camps »

white bear lake-the most inconsistent team in minnesota. i do not understand the bears, and i probably never will.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

concentration_camps wrote:white bear lake-the most inconsistent team in minnesota. i do not understand the bears, and i probably never will.
You gotta admit though, the best 5 - 8 team in Minnesota history.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Neutron 14 wrote:
concentration_camps wrote:white bear lake-the most inconsistent team in minnesota. i do not understand the bears, and i probably never will.
You gotta admit though, the best 5 - 8 team in Minnesota history.
You can't argue that, but Mr. Camps is right. They have had a real rollercoaster ride of a hockey season.
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

anybody know what was with the extra-long standoff after the national anthem before this game? Haven't seen that before...
stateofhockey1212

Post by stateofhockey1212 »

The extra stand-off was a pride thing, Neither team wants to be the first to move. They did that at the first meeting of these teams to.
stpaul

WBL - HM

Post by stpaul »

Pride in what ? That standoff thing is stupid by both teams. Wow, WBL won the standoff. HM moved first. However, and I think more importantly, they lost the hockey game. 2 of WBL's best players, Hanson and Villeanue, are playing very undisciplined hockey and taking stupid penalties. Villeanue's punch at the end of the game drew a one game suspension. I'm not sure hitting a HM player's face mask is worth sitting in the stands next week against Park. HM outshot WBL 36-21 and had many more scoring chances. WBL looked a lot better on Dec. 5 than they did yesterday.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

The Standoff....

For those who dont know this has been going on at many WBL-Hill Games. From what I have been told WBL makes it a tradition to be the last team to break the blue line after the anthem.... and now other teams know that, and wait them out..... its kinda funny....

The Slinger
stars612

Post by stars612 »

THEGunslinger wrote:The Standoff....

For those who dont know this has been going on at many WBL-Hill Games. From what I have been told WBL makes it a tradition to be the last team to break the blue line after the anthem.... and now other teams know that, and wait them out..... its kinda funny....

The Slinger
Maybe they should stop worrying about being the last to move, and start worrying about sucking
Third times a charm.