Moorhead @ Centennial

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will Moorhead stay undefeated?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:37 am

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 18

stars612

Post by stars612 »

carpenterguy wrote:They have had two ties one to AHA last year and one to Moorhead the year before. They have NEVER lost a game in that building. Losing a shootout doesn't count as a loss in high school hockey. That is an incredible string.
Oh yah I forgot AHA won it in a shootout. My bad carpenterguy.
Third times a charm.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I go to sleep and Moorhead loses a game not to a private school in Richfield, what happened?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:I go to sleep and Moorhead loses a game not to a private school in Richfield, what happened?
Its hockey. They play the game on the ice, not here and not by rankings. Moorhead gave the Cougars a good game, and all you Spud fans should be proud of their effort!

Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Arise Pansy!

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

HShockeywatcher wrote:I go to sleep and Moorhead loses a game not to a private school in Richfield, what happened?
The more obvious question: "When will HShockeywatcher awake?"
slapshooter

5,957th post by the "Great One"

Post by slapshooter »

It's just like I said! :twisted:

SImageS
Neutron 14

Re: 5,957th post by the "Great One"

Post by Neutron 14 »

slapshooter wrote:It's just like I said! :twisted:

SImageS
I wouldn't expect any less slappy!

Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Will it be section 3 or 494? Catholic or pagan? Do they even play hockey up north anymore?
Sparlimb

Centennial played very well and deserved to win

Post by Sparlimb »

ChrisK and I took the game in with my son and it was a fun game. In fact the first 3 games were all good today. Centennial outplayed Moorhead and had one big advantage, which was in the nets. The Moorhead goalie let in 2 weak goals in the third period and that cost them. Congrats to Centennial for not fearing the #1 team in state. Maybe this will help Moorhead in the long run...
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Re: Centennial played very well and deserved to win

Sparlimb wrote:Maybe this will help Moorhead in the long run...
...of adding to their record State Tournament LOSSES (thanks for the assist, Sparlimb).
stars612

Re: Centennial played very well and deserved to win

Post by stars612 »

Ankles Pierre, Jr. wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:Maybe this will help Moorhead in the long run...
...of adding to their record State Tournament LOSSES (thanks for the assist, Sparlimb).
Got 'em. :D
Third times a charm.
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

22 for centennial is a stud. is he a jr? or a sophmore i think his name is stutz or stotz or somethin like that
stars612

Post by stars612 »

gmoola89 wrote:22 for centennial is a stud. is he a jr? or a sophmore i think his name is stutz or stotz or somethin like that
You don't even know how to spell your own name? :D
Third times a charm.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Connor Banks wrote:If Centennial beats Moorhead 4-1 I will give up my entire life and move to deep woods of Alaska and live with bears.
Moorhead isn't going to lose to Centennial and they definately arn't going to be held to a single goal.
Centennial 3 Moorhead 6
stars612 wrote:Moorhead will get beat, but it won't come from Centennial. Im looking a little further down the line in Schwans
boblee wrote:Moorhead will stay unbeaten, but will not win their bracket...
Moorhead 7
Centennial 2
ihavesuperpowers wrote:Jordy Christian and that top line for the Spuds love all that ice down at the "X". I expect that top line to lead the way once again for the Spuds down in St. Paul.
Moorhead--6
Centennial--2
Have you all gone mad? Image
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I'd have to say this was the most surprising game of the day. It sounded like Centennial had improved since they got throttled by Roseville in the first game of the season, but reports from up north had suggested that this Moorhead team was one of the top teams in the state.

And the Spuds may still be a top team but they didn't play that way yesterday and a lot of credit for that has to go to Centennial. I thought the Spuds looked flat and the Cougars really took it to them, but like Sparlimb said earlier, the key was the superior goaltending that Centennial got from Jack Hanna. From what I've read on this board it sounds like Moorhead's goalie is their starter unlike the tandems they've had in previous years and if that's the case, he'll have to pick up his game for the Spuds to have a shot at a title this year.

All in all one of the better days of hockey at the Xcel with only one blowout (and it didn't turn that way until the 3rd period), a dynamite game between Roseville and AHA, and two surprises in the games in between, East tying HM and Centennial upsetting Moorhead. It was good seeing Sparlimb and his son again, they'll turn me into a Hill fan if I'm not careful. If Roseville hadn't messed things up, this could actually be the Section 3 seeding tournament. Now the conundrum is trying to pick who'll win tonight, my guess is AHA in the first game and not wanting to go against Neutron and the surprising Cougars, Centennial in the second.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

ChrisK wrote:
It was good seeing Sparlimb and his son again, they'll turn me into a Hill fan if I'm not careful.
Dangerous waters indeed...
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

I thought the difference in this game was goaltending..... Shots were fairly even.... The Moorhead tender really looked weak giving up HUGE rebounds, and letting in a very soft goal.

Side Note: I though Christian tried to do a lot himslef, seemed very selfish and didnt dish the puck much at all..... Im sure part of this was frustration, but I have to tell you I was not impressed with the Spuds last night... the seemed very avg... But as we all know, if they played today it could be a total different game!

Im now waiting for all the talk that Holy Angels is the best team! Let me remind you they said the same thing about the Football Colts... Teams will figure them out and slow them down.. You still have to be able to play D..

The Slinger
Connor Banks

Post by Connor Banks »

Moorhead outshot Centennial 35-25 so I dont think you can say that Centennial dominated.

From what people were saying earlier Moorhead was the one dominating Centennial.

It would be a very different game if it was played today or tomorrow also. Just look at the number of posts Jordy Christian alone hit and the open net he missed also.
Hot potato!
hipcheck

repeat

Post by hipcheck »

Bring the bread and cheese. The whine is out!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Pathetic isn't it...
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Catholics and Section 3 dominate as usual, but without Moorhead, where's our comic relief?
breakout

Post by breakout »

Let's see how Edina does. I predict they will win the tournament.

Good news AP, I know they have some catholics on that team.
slapshooter

5,973rd post by SS... "FLUKE"...

Post by slapshooter »

One word for this game?

[-( ............"FLUKE"............ [-(

SImage S
BIAFP

Re: 5,973rd post by SS... "FLUKE"...

Post by BIAFP »

[quote="slapshooter"]One word for this game?

[-( ............"FLUKE"............ [-(

Centennial owns the lowly Spuds! :lol: