Class A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who's Number one?

STA
21%
Marshall
26%
Hermantown
44%
Little Falls
6%
Warroad
1%
Warroad
1%

Total votes: 81

Cristo

Post by Cristo »

No one considered STA the number one team in state last year (and still didn't after the tournament) -- shows how much opinions matter.
state 06

Post by state 06 »

thats because they got very lucky im not positive so dont quote me on the but im pretty sure all of there games in the tourny were come from behind wins you might say that they did outwork the other teams late in the game but the first win against orono was lucky and also there last game against DM was lucky both of those games i wacthed and you could tell that both those teams had more talent than STA i think they jsut got lucky last year personally
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Not to upset anyone, but a game is 51 minutes, not 45. The Marshall goalie only showed up for the first 45 minutes, that's why St Thomas won, plain and simple. Orono, completely agree, St Thomas should not have won, BUT they did. Hermantown, it appears you didn't watch this game. If you did, you'd know that until the 8th game was score when Hermantown rallied, got three in very little time to tie it, it looked like they just plain sucked. St Thomas got worked most of the games against Orono and Marshall, but Hermantown was in their shoes for that game. Bottom line, sure they got worked,but it wasn't bad enough for them to not come back and win. That's why they did.
state 06

Post by state 06 »

No i agree i didnt mention the second game was because i felt the same way as you. i totally agree with you on the sceond game and i can see what your saying about the DM game but i still think. They got lucky! lol
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

hawkfan70 wrote:
minyhocky wrote:1.Hermantown
2.Marshall
3.STA

Hermantown is undefeated thats why they are # 1.Marshall's loss to Tonka hurts them. STA has 3 losses in the last 4 games, thats all that needs to be said there.
I am sure it won't be though

blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah :roll: :roll: :roll:
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

Hasen't been me talking
hookman

Post by hookman »

id have to go with hermantown here... but leblanc doesnt do all of the scoring. after the trf tourny, they got a little production from their other lines... should be interesting to see if they can continue that trend. it'll be a great matchup when they play dm but i dont think that dm has more depth. both teams are very quick but hermantown may have the edge there as well
If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Mullet wrote:1. Wanna say DM but for right now Hermantown because theyre undefeated
2. DM
3. STA
there undefeated cuz they havent played great teams... They have played a few but nothing to marshalls caliber to this point.. And im sure as far as goals for goes there probably ranked #1, due to that schedule..

Shut down leblanc and keep pressure on hardy id say

5-3 marshall

If the 1st line D cant stop leblanc ill say

6-4 H town

Marshalls played cdh, sta, minnetonka and a few more high ranked high scoring teams, hermantown just puts the 1st line out and speeds around everyone, if marshalls D will step up and not take many dumb penalties ( like ive seen this yr ) and not give away the puck like ive also seen they will roll
gutcheck00

Post by gutcheck00 »

well according to minnhock.com...the PS2 ratings have Hermantown listed as #1, Little Falls as #2, Marshall as #3, then STA at #4...What can we say based on the accuracy of the statistics that are used to place these rankings?
HShockeywatcher

We can say they are all 100% accurate based on the system used to generate them.
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

state 06 wrote:thats because they got very lucky im not positive so dont quote me on the but im pretty sure all of there games in the tourny were come from behind wins you might say that they did outwork the other teams late in the game but the first win against orono was lucky and also there last game against DM was lucky both of those games i wacthed and you could tell that both those teams had more talent than STA i think they jsut got lucky last year personally

Give me a break. They just got lucky, tell that to the players. :roll:

You can have your opinions, but the fact is they did what was needed to be state champs, come from behind or not. They were the best A team in Minnesota last year.
Last edited by Cristo on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HShockeywatcher

Were? Are you saying they're not this year?
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Were? Are you saying they're not this year?
Ha. I can see how the emphasis might appear that way, I better change it.