The Hilltoppers in St Cloud 1-6-07

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:37 pm

Hilltoppers
77%
Crusaders
23%

Total votes: 31

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

minyhocky wrote:
BlueGoose5 wrote:First, DM showed that they're capable of skating with SCC's top 2 lines.
I think it would be the other way around.

I was expecting a response to this. Thanks for being that guy! BTW, the more I think about it, the more I think the top quote is appropriate.
hshockey17

Post by hshockey17 »

I'm pretty sure it was SCC being able to skate with DM's top 2 lines, although it seems as though they didn't show this in the game on saturday, hopefully DM can come off this loss stronger than before to come back for the last half of the season....And then into playoffs
scottparker

Post by scottparker »

Sounds like both teams had some injury issues, and they probably will at the playoffs as well. Both teams saw each other this summer, and I know that Flahrety would never take this game lightly.

When does DD and DM game take place? That should be a barn-burner, and to be honest (all my whining aside) it wouldn't surprise me if DD would win the game. I'm not sure that DM's D and hold off the offensive onslought of the DD forwards..

Section seeding: (just throwing it out there....)
DD
SCC
DM
SR
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

scottparker -- Denfeld vs. Marshall is on February 1. I, too, think that Denfeld could win this game.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

George Blanda wrote:scottparker -- Denfeld vs. Marshall is on February 1. I, too, think that Denfeld could win this game.
Should be a good game...
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

It will all come down to defense and goaltending for DD. SCC proved that strong team defense and netminding can beat DM. However, I'm not sure that DD is strong enough on either count to defeat DM. Therefore, I'd give the edge to DM.
cherrypickin4ever

Post by cherrypickin4ever »

does anyone know how long gutsch and jaques are out if they are at all?
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

Gutsch didn't seem like he was hurting too bad on Saturday. He certainly showed good stick work as exhibited by his hooking and slashing penalties against SCC.
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

I heard that Jacques could be out for a week or up to as much as 2 months. So hopefully its more around a week, they sure need him.
Coolio

Hmmm

Post by Coolio »

I truly think that this was one of those fluke and obselete games that happen once in a while like back in the 1980 olympics where the US upset russia (just as an example) besides this game marshall has shown strong performances this year all around the table... Tell me that you think SCC could beet cretin or even tie to STA? I think i doubt it, it will be interesting to see how this section turns out come playoffs.
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

...think what you may, coolio.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

BlueGoose5 wrote:Gutsch didn't seem like he was hurting too bad on Saturday. He certainly showed good stick work as exhibited by his hooking and slashing penalties against SCC.

Three penalties by a player in one game is about three too many.

Looks like Raiche will be suiting up to play defense against Greenway.
DmnHawk5

Post by DmnHawk5 »

Jaques should be out for the greenway game probably, maybe one more
BlueGoose5

Re: Hmmm

Post by BlueGoose5 »

Coolio wrote:I truly think that this was one of those fluke and obselete games that happen once in a while like back in the 1980 olympics where the US upset russia (just as an example) besides this game marshall has shown strong performances this year all around the table...
Tell me that you think SCC could beet cretin or even tie to STA? I think i doubt it, it will be interesting to see how this section turns out come playoffs.

Coolio, SCC can beat cretin or even tie to STA.
cu@darink

Post by cu@darink »

Don't be a pinhead Collio. Think it through, on any given night as the saying goes. SCC is a very good hockey team.