Section 1AA 2006-2007

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lakeville North

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:21 am

Rochester Century
56%
Rochester Mayo
12%
Rochester John Marshall
5%
Farmington
7%
Owatonna
3%
Dodge County
10%
Worthington
5%
Winona
2%

Total votes: 59

boblee

Section 1AA 2006-2007

Post by boblee »

Last year's winner: Lakeville North

Post by Guest »

What do the percentages mean?
boblee

%

Post by boblee »

the percentage of people who voted for that team.
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

Interesting that neither Lakeville team was even on this ballot.
Lopresti

Post by Lopresti »

I'm looking for the "None of the Above" choice.

Can section 1 PLEASE step it up for this year's tourney?
hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 »

Lakeville South
BringRollieBack!!

Post by BringRollieBack!! »

LKVL North or South.

North played Century tonight...and played their freshman goalie who has struggled at JV and been killed at Vars.
North also played a there fourth liners regularly as well as some JV guys.

Century's goaltending was suspect...either North or South could easily pull an upset.
Century is a decent team but they would be an up and down team if they were in this years Lake Conf. (Just like most of the Lake teams this year)

Note: I am not saying North or South are better teams overall...but in one big game for all the marbles..with LKVL's history at the Rec. All the pressure is heavily on Century.
runingwithechukchi

Century-Lakeville

Post by runingwithechukchi »

With section seedings coming up why would Lakeville start a freshmen goalie and play there 4th line? Your post will have no merit on section seedings.. :roll:
Last edited by runingwithechukchi on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiffylube131

ya

Post by jiffylube131 »

lakeville north will win they beat lakeville south convincingly the 2nd time and also beat mayo. They had an early lead last night too with the back up goalie in net. North to State!
mnhckey30

Post by mnhckey30 »

How can you say that their freshman goalie has been killed at Vars? hes the one that kept lakeville in that game but nice try[/quote]
BringRollieBack!!

Look at his stats and the games played. Until that game he had a start against eastview..North scored 6 and lost 8-6. He played 4 minutes against Chaska 3 goals on 4 shots, and then did not play again until Century.

My point was only to say that North or South could upset Century and after what I saw of Century vs. the line up North put out...I don't think its' a stretch at all.

And as far as seeding North & South should get a 2-4 seed based on strength of schedule etc..
wildfan529

Post by wildfan529 »

That freshman goalie u guys say get killed at vars just had a 31 save shutout and also stopped politz on 3 shorthanded breakaways
runingwithechukchi

Owatonna 6 Lakville 2

Post by runingwithechukchi »

Owatonna took it to Lakeville South (city slickers) tonight. 6-2 after the second. Classy coaches from Owatonna didn't want to run the score up too much; They played fourth line seniors every other shift in the third period as it was senior night. I wouldn't put my chips on this Lakeville team, hope the north is better than the south. Looks like Century has this section all rapped up.
BringRollieBack!!

Nice win for Owatonna...suprises me a little with Souths goaltending, but still a great win.

Wildfan...Politz overskated the net on 2 of those attampts...Are you saying Arntz (freshman) is the best goalie?

Beacause if you talk to most, including players on the team they will tell you that if he plays in sections then North doesn't have a chance. He's good but not the best and he's way to inexperianced for that kind of pressure.
xcelcenterorbust08

Post by xcelcenterorbust08 »

BringRollieBack!!...you obviously do not know what you are talking about with the north goalie situation so i will fill you in

Sturlagson was playing all the time but they gave arentz a game in century becuase it was non conference. then sturlagson got hurt and couldnt play on thursday so arentz played again and played unbeleivable against apple valley getting a shutout. arentz is a good goalie would is getting hot at the right time and is a thousand times more confident in himself than he was when he was playing and giving up 8. im not saying they should take him threw sections but if sturlagson stays hurt they might have to.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Lakeville North will take this one again, I was very impressed with the freshman in net.
BringRollieBack!!

Xcel or bust.

First off, I do know the situation with the injury etc..
Secondly Arntz was solid, but not "Unbelievable. In the Valley game, Lentz from Valley was the better goalie. He kept it a close game, it could have been a blowout without his play.

In the Century game is was not unbelievable either. That could have easily been a win for North. Two of the goals were very stoppable (of course all 3 goals for North should have been stopped as well :wink: , but that's another topic.)

My point was not a slam against Arntz. I was simply stating a fact.
If you know the coach, and if you have watched North hockey in the past, then you would know exactly what Randy was doing with his line up against Century because he has done it for years. I have been watching North for years as well and have seen it for myself.

Win or loss, the seeding for North would not have changed considerably based on that game. Therefore, Randy played odd combinations, JV players and the second goalie. Do you really think Arntz played based on his past performance? Which great JV start was it that earned him the start? It was not his Vars. performances that got him there.
Randy plays for Sections. It's a reason why North has gone 4 out of the past 5 years.

Also xcell...let me ask you..
Who played great in both N v. S games?
Who played in the O.T. win against E.P.?
Who played in the O.T. loss and the Eagan win?
Who came in to bail the team out against MAyo?

I have watched every North home game and a few of the away and Sturlagsons performance has been very good and sometimes "unbelievable"
If you check his Save Percentage since x-mas, it has been right around 90% and this is on a very up & down team.
His goaltending and the play of Kvasnicka and Zweber have been the most consistent part of Norths game.

So before you make simple statements make sure you have facts to back it up.
wildfan529

Post by wildfan529 »

giving no credit to a solid freshman goalie and knowing ridiculous stats that not many people would know, sounds like a family member to me
gophs21

Post by gophs21 »

does anyone know when the section seeding is happening?
xcelcenterorbust08

rollie..all that i said was that arentz played @ century because it was non conference and then played again vs AV becuase sturlagson got hurt and he did play very well (along with AVs goalie). but i never said anything about who was better or who should play in sections but if i were the person in charge i would probably go with sturlagson (assuming hes okay) because he and arentz are very similar goalies when it comes to skills but i dont think arentz would be able to carry them as far as they want to go and sturlagson could

and you say that kvasnika and zweber have been the most consistent part but i think you should give some credit to johnson, lerer, and grose who have been playing D all season, as well as gabbert who seems to be asked to do everything[/quote]
BringRollieBack!!

wildfan: First of all...I did give him credit, I said he was solid.
Secondly..there is this thing called a computer and it's attached to this other thing called the internet...amazingly stats are available at the click of a button...tell me which player you are and I will give you your stats if you like.

Thirdly: Not that it is relevant to the topic or to my point, but no I am not a family member. I do have a connection to Lakeville hockey but unfortunatly my kids are past the age (maybe this is why I still follow it closely...withdrawal!) I do still have some friendly connections to a few junior coaches and I do have a small financial interest in a goalie school that offers some elite level training...all of this helps to justify (at least to my wife) why I still spend a lot of time watching high school hockey.

MY POINT for the final time..was not a slight on Century, nor a slight on any players for any section team. I was saying that I have observed this pattern in Lakeville hockey in the past few years. Lakeville gears their season for Sections!

Xcel or Bust: I am guessing you are a player at North or South as well.
Which is great...but I was mentioning who has been CONSISTENT. The players I mentioned have been consistent in their play. Defense has been the most in-consistent portion of Norths game. In fact I would argue that South has been much more consistent at D. Johnson and Grose are still learning Vars D. They have had great moments and awful moments. I think they will have great Senior seasons, but the pressure of carrrying the load with the talent level on this years team has been difficult. Lehrer has had on OK senior season, but not spectacular. Gabbert has done a very nice job, both at D and forward.

Bottom line..I am happy for North and South..both have made the best of a tough time with the split. Both teams and players should be proud. I respect Century JM and Mayo as well..they too have to deal with limited talent per team because they field so many teams.

1AA is easily the weakest section in the state...but the kids do the best they can...and they should be proud regardless of the path they take to state.
BringRollieBack!!

Don't count South out either

Quick note: South lost 3 - 0 to Jeff. tonight , but South played much better than they did against. Owatonna. I did not go to the Owatonna game , but from what I heard, they were very flat.

I only watched 2 periods tonight, but South looks like they re- bounded very well. Jefferson is playing much better hockey right now than they did early in the season.

South may have lost a few spots in seeding because of the Owat. loss, but Yumasakler is easily the best goalie in the lake and top 5 in the state.
If South can find scoring at the right time, they could be a factor.
mnhockfn2000

Post by mnhockfn2000 »

lets give dodge county some credit
xcelcenterorbust08

give dodge county credit for what?
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

Credit for beating Winona 4-1.....ah, just kidding. They did just pound Austin - a bottom feeder but 7-0 is impressive.

They get no higher than the 7th seed though