Section 7 always in Duluth or not?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should Section 7 Semi's and Finals be held in Duluth?

yes
44%
no
17%
neutral site
39%

Total votes: 36

JLS 81

In Duluth

Post by JLS 81 »

I think the game should stay in Duluth but East shold have to find another home ice venue for regular season. That looks to change here in the future (I do believe) with the new Bulldogs arena coming some day and the new Duluth (Heritage Center) facility that will be built. I thought I heard correctly that the Hounds would play their home games at the new "Heritage Center". Is that correct easthockey?
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: In Duluth

Post by east hockey »

JLS 81 wrote:I think the game should stay in Duluth but East shold have to find another home ice venue for regular season. That looks to change here in the future (I do believe) with the new Bulldogs arena coming some day and the new Duluth (Heritage Center) facility that will be built. I thought I heard correctly that the Hounds would play their home games at the new "Heritage Center". Is that correct easthockey?
This is correct. East, Denfeld and Central will play most if not all of their home games there.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

we will need to start a "fund drive" though to help them get it started
I think they are still about a million $ short

cavy

Post by cavy »

when Cloquet used to be in section 2 they had to play section final games at the coliseum in the cities
cavy

Post by cavy »

they could base this on a regular season performance take the team with the 2nd best record through reg season that team would host section semi finals and the number 1 seated team would host the finals. It would stay like that even if the teams were ousted in playoffs early.

Example from this year would have looked like this.

#2 Duluth East host semi-finals at (DECC)

#1 Cloquet -Finals (CARC)

Example Next Year lets say
#2 Brainerd host semi-finals (Brainerd)
#1 Grand Rapids host-finals (Grand Rapids)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

cavy wrote:when Cloquet used to be in section 2 they had to play section final games at the coliseum in the cities
Actually, it alternated between the Coliseum and the DECC, but if both teams were from the north or south, it would be held at that location. I seem to recall that the semifinals were split; each year, one would be up here, one down there.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

With the addition of Anoka, don't be surprised to see the championship game at the Fairgrounds, if the Fairgrounds is available. The North only has three votes in any decision, the political power is definetly in the Southern half.
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

greenway1969 wrote: the political power is definetly in the Southern half.
while all the hockey power is in the north :lol: