STATE TOURNAMENT! JGA

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

WHO WILL WIN STATE?

EDEN PRAIRIE
9%
CHAMPLIN PARK
16%
WAYZATA
16%
MINNETONKA
7%
EDINA
14%
TC WESSY
12%
DULUTH
16%
MOORHEAD
9%

Total votes: 43

lance

Post by lance »

wessys play for the State Championship versus wayzata. Absolutely embrassed edina today 6-3 cakewalk for the wessys
dehockey8

Post by dehockey8 »

lance wrote:wessys play for the State Championship versus wayzata. Absolutely embrassed edina today 6-3 cakewalk for the wessys
yea ok. that come from behind OT win vs duluth 1st round was a real cakewalk.
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

I don't think 6-3 is such a cakewalk, but then again I wasn't there.
WBJG-A-4-Life
pimponice.

Post by pimponice. »

dehockey8 wrote:
lance wrote:wessys play for the State Championship versus wayzata. Absolutely embrassed edina today 6-3 cakewalk for the wessys
yea ok. that come from behind OT win vs duluth 1st round was a real cakewalk.
he wasnt talking about that game, just the edina one.
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Wayzata won. I must say I don't think the best two teams in state played for the championship. I won't deny that Wayzata beat EP or that Wessys beat Edina, but I think in any SERIES of games EP will beat Wayzate 3/4 and Edina will beat Wessys 3/4. It all comes down to one game. Wayzata won that ONE game needed to advance. Like I said, congrats to wayzata, but they aren't the best team in the state. The best two teams played for 3rd. Ask any one who was consistently good throughout the year and they'll say Edina, WBL, EP, Champlin, and maybe Wessys.
Iraqnam
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

sorry ep you guys "choked" again. Now i know why you guys got your fair play points, it was because the refs were to busy calling penalties on the other team, because of your diving. Did your coach tell you to do that? And you can say all you want that in a series you would win, maybe a season series, if it was a playoff series i doubt it. Wayzata came to play every game in playoffs and played the whole game, par the 3rd period of the championship. I give a lot of credit to wessy's. But, who is the champion, Wayzata. Always will be and you cant do anything to change it. GO WAYZATA!!!!!
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

well whoever this kid is talkin up about EP and Edina hey howd they do? and champlin didnt they go two and out... ya know you can talk all you want about EP's other goalie but hey why didnt they play him against wayzata guess they took us to litely... Wessey's was the best team we played in state had the most heart and wanted it more than anyother team... but every year EP has some excuse just guess they cant win that big game for some reason... yea they beat us 8-2 or whatever then 2 other times this year and 6 times in a row in the last two years but we won when it counted... WBl deserved to be there more than EP did!!
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

Just would like to congratulate Wayzata on the win. I was in attendance and could see Wayzata was dominating most of the game until they stumbled towards the end of the third. But hard work got to the best of you guys with a win. the only thing that bothered me was the classiness of the wessy's kids, smarting off to the ref, leaving the ice before awards, and getting kicked out in the most important game of the year.
And yeah I do belive WB sould have been there we just got a few bad bounces in the state seed which could have lead to a great quarter final game which probably would have been the matchup of the two best teams in state. It just shows that no mater how good you are you can always recieve a few bad bounces. Good luck to all of the players next year.
WBJG-A-4-Life
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

Sorry Countrygentleman, but once again EP proved they are terrible in the BIG GAME. Way to go on talking down Wayzata, if you ask me winning the STATE TITLE 4 out of 5 years sounds like a dynasty to me. Look at EP the last 5 years: 03: ? 04: ? 05: 2nd 06: 2nd 07: 3rd. Too bad in a couple years no one will remember who got 3rd place in state this year. Your players represented the EP program really well when they skated off the ice before shaking hands too. Nice sportsmanship....
ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 »

puckhead77 wrote:Sorry Countrygentleman, but once again EP proved they are terrible in the BIG GAME. Way to go on talking down Wayzata, if you ask me winning the STATE TITLE 4 out of 5 years sounds like a dynasty to me. Look at EP the last 5 years: 03: ? 04: ? 05: 2nd 06: 2nd 07: 3rd. Too bad in a couple years no one will remember who got 3rd place in state this year. Your players represented the EP program really well when they skated off the ice before shaking hands too. Nice sportsmanship....
yes, why arent these kids on the high school team?
the only true junior gold team this year with a great high school team was duluth, and they were one of the top 3 teams this year. they had a top ranked high school team, and a top ranked junior gold team.
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

iblade, are you talking about wayzata players or eden prarie players? One reason is that wayzata high school hockey sucks, along with the coaches, and the way that it is conducted. On the other hand jga is a lot more fun. Also this year was a rebuiling year for the varsity team so it was mainly juniors who played.
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

yea wayzata varsity blows... and how is wayzata not a true jr gold team?? or is that just another excuse of why some other team didnt win state?
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Lol. Sorry. :lol: :lol: My last post wasn't an "excuse" for EP losing, or for Edina losing. I was just saying that Wayzata won the game that truely mattered. Why do all pro sports play a series of games (except the worst sport) to find who is the champ? Because a lot more is found in a series versus one game. Especially in a sport like hockey. One bad bounce (not saying that this happened to EP or Edina) can change the game. Play a series of games and one bad bounce won't determind the better team. Wayzata won one game, as did Wessys, and they advanced. Congrats. You brought your game for that important game. I think things would have shaped out differently if it was a series of games. Go ahead, rag on me. I'm all ears. =P~
Iraqnam
pimponice.

Post by pimponice. »

countrygentleman wrote:Why do all pro sports play a series of games (except the worst sport) to find who is the champ? Because a lot more is found in a series versus one game. Wayzata won one game, as did Wessys, and they advanced. Congrats. You brought your game for that important game. I think things would have shaped out differently if it was a series of games.
wessy's beat duluth 2 games to 1 this season.

everyone also seams to forget that they played with one of the worst goalies in the leage. They played with a forest lake goalie and a bantam goalie for the last, almost, half of the season and still did amazing. If their goalie would not have gotten hurt, or if they had a descent goalie, they would have won state.
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

I don't know about winning but probably pretty close.
WBJG-A-4-Life
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

ya you definetely cannot put the two in the same context. You guys could have taken a game for granted with your good goalie, he has a bad day, and seasons over or not to the standard you expected with him.
2007 JGA CHAMPS
ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 »

pimponice. wrote:
countrygentleman wrote:Why do all pro sports play a series of games (except the worst sport) to find who is the champ? Because a lot more is found in a series versus one game. Wayzata won one game, as did Wessys, and they advanced. Congrats. You brought your game for that important game. I think things would have shaped out differently if it was a series of games.
wessy's beat duluth 2 games to 1 this season.

everyone also seams to forget that they played with one of the worst goalies in the leage. They played with a forest lake goalie and a bantam goalie for the last, almost, half of the season and still did amazing. If their goalie would not have gotten hurt, or if they had a descent goalie, they would have won state.
well, duluth also outshot wessy's by 15 shots in the last game, duluth was the better team and should have gone on, but they didnt end of story.
the majorty of their people sick with the flu the first game.
your forest lake goalie was the reason you beat duluth.
and my point is that in terms of pure talent northern areas such as morehead, GR, and Duluth seem to produce a bigger quantity of quality players. this year was the year of the nothern teams.
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

i hope your not talking about in jga iblade because mooreheads team could barely skate, and if they beat grand rapids, i cant even imagine. The only good northern team was duluth in jga that was it. In the highschool level i can see this. But if your talking quantity, there are many more people to get the talent from down in the cities.
2007 JGA CHAMPS
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

I agree with beaver, most of the quality players in Junior Gold come from the metro (more players to stock the teams). Most of the Northern quality players go to Varsity.
WBJG-A-4-Life