Best Coaches in Jr. Gold A

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

puckhead77

Best Coaches in Jr. Gold A

Post by puckhead77 »

There are many long time coaches in this league that have shaped and built the league into what it is today. Who is the best current Jr. Gold A coach?
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

Ted/Sam of Wayzata, Mallard of WBL, Bill of Edina, Backus of B'ville
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

yea im from wayzata but i can promise you that there are no coaches in the league that can have fun like Ted and Sammi!!!! no other team does the duck shoot before a game like we do in duluth but at the same time they kick our asses in practice and make us skate when they need to... it wouldnt be fun without them
Grizz12

Post by Grizz12 »

mallard teal of wbl very good coach hard on us when he needs to be
blueblood

Best coaches

Post by blueblood »

Tom & Jamie Wright - Tonka Warriors
ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 »

wayalltheway wrote:yea im from wayzata but i can promise you that there are no coaches in the league that can have fun like Ted and Sammi!!!! no other team does the duck shoot before a game like we do in duluth but at the same time they kick our asses in practice and make us skate when they need to... it wouldnt be fun without them
haha, props to those wayzata coaches. its always fun seeing those guys.
Pops

Post by Pops »

my hats off to anyone coaching this age group. there are alot of reasons
why coaches would want to avoid coaching jrg- hrs, attitudes exc.
from what I have seen in the past few years the league has come along way thanks to many of the coaches turning jrg into a highly competitive league. the players are having more fun playing hockey rather than the slug fest it used to be.
Soulforged

Re: Best coaches

Post by Soulforged »

blueblood wrote:Tom & Jamie Wright - Tonka Warriors
These two are a testament to the fact that anyone able to open, close, and make sure the bench doors are locked can call themselves a hockey coach.
TIME&SPACE

Post by TIME&SPACE »

I agree with Pops. Kudos to all of the gentlemen that happily offer up their time and skills to give something back to the game, in a low profile, low respect, and often underappreciated position. Keep up the great work and know that all of these kids will definately look back on their JG years with a great deal of respect for you!
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

TIME&SPACE wrote:I agree with Pops. Kudos to all of the gentlemen that happily offer up their time and skills to give something back to the game, in a low profile, low respect, and often underappreciated position. Keep up the great work and know that all of these kids will definately look back on their JG years with a great deal of respect for you!
Many of the Junior Gold A coaches I have seen are great because they let the kids play! I'm so sick of the over-coaching that goes on at some levels i.e., left wing locks at Pee Wees, trapping etc...

Looking forward to a great junior Gold A Tournament.
Stealth09

Post by Stealth09 »

The Duluth Aviators coach is the man. Hes coached 31 years and still gets his teams to the top.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I agree Butch is a great coach who has done wonders for Duluth Jr Gold.

The greatest current coach has got to be Ted Olson of Wayzata. He just one his SIXTH state title as Wayzata's head coach. To my knowledge no other coach has ever done that....