What is the Jr gold B state tournament look like??

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

SticksandStones

Post by SticksandStones » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Franchise - I'm sorry for what I said, I just get so sick of people saying Junior Gold is for losers, and it's not hockey, it's just fighting, my dad has been coaching at this level for about 10 years, and I think it's cleaned up a lot. I know the heat of the moment catches up with you, and people do deserve second chances, I was not aware that you were checked behind the net. Sorry - Great season, it was fun chatting with everyone.

CaptainDerka

Post by CaptainDerka » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:33 pm

checking is a huge part of the game, and if you dont want to get hit dont play the puck

hockeychazzz

Post by hockeychazzz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:45 pm

As captain of buffalo I just want to thank everyone for an awesome tournament. I think all the teams were pretty evenly matched and last weekend was more fun than the last two years of high school hockey I’ve played. I also want to congratulate IGH on there championship win and EP for consolation. All in all it was an amazing way to end my hockey career. #10

franchise130

Post by franchise130 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:17 pm

Checking is a huge part of the game for the players, not the goalies. It's illegal to check the goalie's, and this last check was a blatant (buffalojrgoldwhte help me with the spelling on that one! haha) run at me to try to injure me or something. Again not saying what i did was right, just giving a few reasons why this happened.

hockeynut9

Post by hockeynut9 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:55 am

Franchise, I apologize for calling you a thug and I am sure that you are a very nice person. Thankyou for standing up and apologizing for your actions here. My advise to you would be to apologize to the people that are going to be making the decisions needed if you plan on extending your hockey career. I agree with you that people deserve second chances. Again, Sorry for the thug comment and good luck to you.

IceMan99

Post by IceMan99 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Franchise, if you keep getting hit behind the net over the course of the season...maybe you should stop playing the puck behind the net. Our player hit you because you had the puck. He's not going to stop and curtiously let you play the puck, this is hockey, not basketball, he is going to knock you down. Your a hockey player just like the other 5 skaters on the ice so quit acting like a little girl and start acting like a hockey player.

As for the video, I am trying to get it from the parent who recorded it.

franchise130

Post by franchise130 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Too bad i had already shot the puck almost to the blue line, when i was on the ground, i looked up and the puck was at the top of the circles, so thats not right, i dont care if i get hit, i like to play the puck. Just drop it, its over. I was reading a book about the unwritten rules of hockey and it was talking about how hockey is a game of respect, for every disrespectful thing you do, there is a consequence, thus the role of an enforcer like boogard or georges laraques in the NHL. It might not be a rule, but if you check the goalie or cheap shot a star player of a certain team, there are going to be consequences. If you remember earlier when Chris Drury of the Sabres was cheap shotted by a senators defensemen, the next shift Buffalo had all of their enforcers out there to send a message to the other team that you cannot do that to their star player without being held accountable. I know this is not the NHL and i know i shouldnt of handled the situation like i did. I'm just saying if you play the game with respect, things wouldnt escalate untill something like what i did starts happening more frequently in hockey. i hope that day doesnt come though.