JV vs Junior Gold

Discussion of Minnesota HS Junior Varsity Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

SEC9

JV vs Junior Gold

Post by SEC9 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:13 pm

I hear a couple of schools(individual kids actually) are trying to get a JV vs Junior Gold game. First is this an ok thing to do? and second who would win??????

lxhockey

Post by lxhockey » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:00 am

During the JG league season this would be a no-no as JG is under the MN Hockey umbrella which does not allow its teams to play teams that are not USA Hockey registered. JV and Varsity teams are not USA Hockey registered.

SEC9

Post by SEC9 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:31 pm

i understand not during the season, but after both are over if the kids bought the ice wouldn't that basically be like open hockey????

HockeyBall3

Post by HockeyBall3 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:38 pm

SEC9 wrote:i understand not during the season, but after both are over if the kids bought the ice wouldn't that basically be like open hockey????
Yeah it would kinda be like the one time me and Sheriff John Biebe challenged the Ney York Rangers in a game of pond hockey up in Mystery Alaska or when Me, Charley Conway, and Adam Banks challenged the Varsity team. The varsity team destroyed us, we couldn't even run the flying V. My vote is JV wins

Pops

Post by Pops » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:26 am

A good JRG team would destroy most if not all JV teams.
The better JRG teams are stacked with seniors that have both JV and
VS experianced players.

ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:09 pm

Pops wrote:A good JRG team would destroy most if not all JV teams.
The better JRG teams are stacked with seniors that have both JV and
VS experianced players.
true, the junior gold wins, pretty much always.

Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Pops, yeah Jr gold would destroy all JV, Knowing that the JRG gold kids are the ones that got cut from JV, way to think. JV would win

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Whats Hannenin wrote:Pops, yeah Jr gold would destroy all JV, Knowing that the JRG gold kids are the ones that got cut from JV, way to think. JV would win
Not necessarily, The HS team may not keep seniors on JV so they are just getting cut from varsity.

Pops

Post by Pops » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

whats hanninen,
Obviously you havent seen a good JRG-A team.
they are mostly seniors that have JV & VS experiance.
alot of these teams have players that should be playing VS but for
multiple reasons cant- grades, trouble, dislike of HS coaches exc.
if you find this so hard to believe; next year go to a couple JRG-A
games and see for your self.
how many seniors get cut from your team and how many don't tryout;
where do you think they go? they are the majority on JRG-A teams.

Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm

Yeah they dont try-out because they know they wont make it.

Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Are you not goin to say anything pops cause you know i'm right

ballernation

Post by ballernation » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:48 pm

[quote="Pops"]whats hanninen,
where do you think they go? they are the majority on JRG-A teams.[/quote]

Where are you from. JV teams besides Faribault would MURDER JR Gold. The reason they are there is because they are not good enough or just bad hockey players. As far as your excuses for them being there because the HS coaches not liking them, that is a dumb excuse. Maybe they should stay in the classroom and learn something.

That just happened. :)

Pops

Post by Pops » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm not making excuses; just stating facts about why some talented
hockey players end up playing JRG.
If you are from d-8 they only have JRG-B teams with an ocasional
team playing in the Metro league at the A level.
Like I states earlier; see for your self.

MooseJawGuy

Post by MooseJawGuy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:30 pm

I would put a million dollars down saying most, if not all JGA teams would win a game with any JV team.

You have to be retarded to think the only reason players are on JG is because they aren't good enough to play V. Like its already been mentioned... there are tons of good players who don't play varsity for many reasons. Maybe they dislike the coach, or even the coach has a grudge with the player and cuts him. Also, grades, trouble... the list could go on. But if your good and have bad grades, or a bad attitude, your still good none the less. And just cause your not on V doesn't mean your not good enough to play it.

I would put money down saying top JGA teams could play a fair share of V teams... and most likely win against any JV team. Top JGB teams could even play a few HS V teams and many JV teams.

Prime example would be IGH the last two seasons. The 05-06 season, they had 14 seniors. 6 of which were cut from the HS team because the coach was shooting for the whole "youth movement". And the other 8 didn't even try out because they knew what was coming. Of the 14, 10 had JV experience, 4 had lots of V. They ended up taking 3rd at State... with a team that was very capable of playing with the HS teams V and a some other V teams. Definitely would be able to beat most JV.
As well as this season for IGH. Had a group of boys from Rosemount that were basically in the same situation as the players from the year before. Coach cut the seniors who had played JV and V. IGH JGB team went on to destroy the league and win the State Championship. Top scorer had over 50 goals, probably over 90 pts... in maybe 30 games. I know for a fact, both IGH teams (the 05-06 and 06-07) could beat the very HS V team that cut them. As well as many other HS teams.

Point being, you don't have a clue what your talking about when you (Whats Hannenin) say a JG teams don't have a chance... when fact is JGB teams can with JV teams. If this thread was regarding JGA, you should be asking if they can stand with V teams... cause it wouldn't be much of a contest for a JGA team to beat a JV team.

ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:52 pm

ballernation wrote:
Pops wrote:whats hanninen,
where do you think they go? they are the majority on JRG-A teams.

Where are you from. JV teams besides Faribault would MURDER JR Gold. The reason they are there is because they are not good enough or just bad hockey players. As far as your excuses for them being there because the HS coaches not liking them, that is a dumb excuse. Maybe they should stay in the classroom and learn something.

That just happened. :)
first off, your no baller, you wouldnt even know what that was if it hit you in the face, youve never been to a ghetto before, and you dont even know where jim jones came from. your a noob to these forums, and a want-to-be white collar wankster, who walks around with a popped collar, never been laid, yet he doesnt even know what a popped collar means.
secondly, junior gold teams win, pretty much everytime, the level of play between two good j gold teams is higher than that of two good jv teams.

that just happened. sit down rookie.