Rosemount 07-08?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

NewFoundDangle99

Rosemount 07-08?

Post by NewFoundDangle99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 am

Appears as though Rosemount could be a force to reckon with next season. just wanting to hear some of your thoughts? Brown sticking around? Morgan back? any input you have would be good.

65one

Post by 65one » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:03 pm

This is brought up every year. Rosemount never lives up to it.

gh12345

Post by gh12345 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:58 pm

where would those 2 be going anyway?

hockeyfan002

Post by hockeyfan002 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 pm

yeah i can see brown going somewhere and possible porter or percy but morgan? he had such a bad year if you actually followed them. maroney played just as well as he did, even winning 4 straight lake conference games..

All-Conference

Post by All-Conference » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:46 am

Rosemount does come up every year and this is the last year that it should come up. After this year Rosemount hockey will fall to the bottom of the Lake. The program has waited for this group to be seniors for a while so if Rosemount ever wants to make a run at state this is the year to do it. It's now or never.

Irishwatcher

Post by Irishwatcher » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:52 am

Rosemounts lack of success last season had little to do with thier two goaltenders. This team had the potential to do a lot of scoring but was out shot 2 to 1 in most games. Morgan is hands down the more talented of the two goaltenders as was displayed early on with a victories against Eden Prairie and Chaska and down the stretch going 3-1-1 leading into the playoffs. But the Irish will need more then one line and a goalie to make it out of the section. They will need solid offensive and defensive play for 3 full periods at both ends of the ice. Even if they all come back 07/08 will be a tough year for the Irish.

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Well brown percy porter for sure will not be leaving i know for sure..this group isn't sellouts like some others that left for greener "pastures". I for sure am excited to watch these boys play next year. The Rosemount program has waited for this age group as said by allconfrence..and i do see a drop-off in the next few years for rosemount highschool hockey. But with the new section changes to 3AA i think it has given them a GREAT opportunity to take advantage of it! I cant wait for the Roseau/Rosemount game at Rosemount next year..if rosemount can get morgan back on track and playing "his" hockey those boys should be just fine led by the solid first line. I expect a lot of things out of them next year as well as some other people as well :!:

breakout

Post by breakout » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Rbkhockey21 wrote:Well brown percy porter for sure will not be leaving i know for sure..this group isn't sellouts like some others that left for greener "pastures". I for sure am excited to watch these boys play next year. The Rosemount program has waited for this age group as said by allconfrence..and i do see a drop-off in the next few years for rosemount highschool hockey. But with the new section changes to 3AA i think it has given them a GREAT opportunity to take advantage of it! I cant wait for the Roseau/Rosemount game at Rosemount next year..if rosemount can get morgan back on track and playing "his" hockey those boys should be just fine led by the solid first line. I expect a lot of things out of them next year as well as some other people as well :!:
Sellouts? Personally, I would have loved to see Sainty (Dad) have his son and Walters stick around. Papa Sainty helped Rosemount kids develop as hockey players. It's unfortunate to see his allegiance shift.

That being noted, Rosemount will be a very good group next season. Especially with Morgan in net.

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:17 pm

breakout wrote:
Rbkhockey21 wrote:Well brown percy porter for sure will not be leaving i know for sure..this group isn't sellouts like some others that left for greener "pastures". I for sure am excited to watch these boys play next year. The Rosemount program has waited for this age group as said by allconfrence..and i do see a drop-off in the next few years for rosemount highschool hockey. But with the new section changes to 3AA i think it has given them a GREAT opportunity to take advantage of it! I cant wait for the Roseau/Rosemount game at Rosemount next year..if rosemount can get morgan back on track and playing "his" hockey those boys should be just fine led by the solid first line. I expect a lot of things out of them next year as well as some other people as well :!:
Sellouts? Personally, I would have loved to see Sainty (Dad) have his son and Walters stick around. Papa Sainty helped Rosemount kids develop as hockey players. It's unfortunate to see his allegiance shift.

That being noted, Rosemount will be a very good group next season. Especially with Morgan in net.

4hockey

Post by 4hockey » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 pm

Especially with Morgan in net.

Now that's Funny Stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 4hockey on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:04 pm

4hockey wrote:Bash Brother wrote:

Especially with Morgan in net.

Now that's Funny Stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I actually never wrote that, but i suppose you are better than Morgan so go ahead and laugh.

You are a tool.

65one

Post by 65one » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 pm

who in the lake isn't better than morgan?

4hockey

Post by 4hockey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 am

I don't get the hype.
What has he done?

LWAH

Post by LWAH » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 am

:roll:

gh12345

Post by gh12345 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm pretty sure he went to the National Select 17's Festival in St. Cloud. I believe he is also going to Chicago according to the rosters on the USHL Central Scouting. If a kid has a some what rough year, you can't take away the good things he has done. Prime example of this is Cary Wood from Tartan. Had an off junior year, and every one on this forum turned and says, "oh what happened to him? he had such a great sophomore year." Then he comes out his senior year and plays his butt off. Plus, I can name a lot more players that have done less in lack luster conferences such as the Missota, and others.

George H. is King!!!

hockeyman11

Post by hockeyman11 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:08 pm

Morgan=Overrated

He couldn't even take over the starting job at Rosemount, ended up sharing some playing time with the other goalie. Just isn't as good as people think. There are plenty other to-be-senior goalies that are much better, including a couple in the Lake.

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:55 pm

That may be true but Rosemount should still be solid next year.

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:01 pm

hockeyman11 wrote:Morgan=Overrated

He couldn't even take over the starting job at Rosemount, ended up sharing some playing time with the other goalie. Just isn't as good as people think. There are plenty other to-be-senior goalies that are much better, including a couple in the Lake.
Morgan overrated?? yeah making the select 17 national team in st. cloud, coming from the sub-par missota confrence to the lake confrence is a big jump. Yeah he was expected to do a lot..but he's only 17 years old give the kid a break! He is a solid goaltender and will work hard this off-season im sure and be back between the pipes for the irish. They are going to be really senior heavy and return a great group of kids. Do or die time for this class :!:

:arrow: Now me personally, i would like to see them make it somewhere this next year. They got a great coach in Macho, and got a great draw with their section assignment. I think Rosemount and Eastview will battle for the Lake crown next year with the Jags and Burnsville. Brown Percy Porter should be a pretty solid first line and can match up with any other line in the Lake for sure.

Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Ok I watched Rosemount play this year and was very impressed with thier skill level and team speed. They played hard in both ends but particularly offensively. I watched them put 5 goals up against, in my opinion, the most talented team in the state. However, I also watched them completely take themselves out of this and one other game because they lacked discipline and took stupid penalties. If they smarten up, they could be unbeatable. Imagine if they had Sainty and Walters :shock:

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:Ok I watched Rosemount play this year and was very impressed with thier skill level and team speed. They played hard in both ends but particularly offensively. I watched them put 5 goals up against, in my opinion, the most talented team in the state. However, I also watched them completely take themselves out of this and one other game because they lacked discipline and took stupid penalties. If they smarten up, they could be unbeatable. Imagine if they had Sainty and Walters :shock:
If you're talking about the Holy Angels game i agree. They did lack some composure in this game, but thats what playoffs can do to a team...but a good team will keep their emotions in check :!: If the irish can do this...oh boy :lol:

Iscraper56

Post by Iscraper56 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:03 pm

Rbkhockey21 wrote:

Morgan overrated?? yeah making the select 17 national team in st. cloud, coming from the sub-par missota confrence to the lake confrence is a big jump. Yeah he was expected to do a lot..but he's only 17 years old give the kid a break! He is a solid goaltender and will work hard this off-season im sure and be back between the pipes for the irish. They are going to be really senior heavy and return a great group of kids. Do or die time for this class :!:

:arrow: Now me personally, i would like to see them make it somewhere this next year. They got a great coach in Macho, and got a great draw with their section assignment. I think Rosemount and Eastview will battle for the Lake crown next year with the Jags and Burnsville. Brown Percy Porter should be a pretty solid first line and can match up with any other line in the Lake for sure.
You've got to be kidding! :lol:

Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:05 pm

Iscraper56 wrote:
Rbkhockey21 wrote:

You've got to be kidding! :lol:
and who do you think will? these two teams have the most returning players and a great group of seniors

breakout

Post by breakout » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Rbkhockey21 wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:Ok I watched Rosemount play this year and was very impressed with thier skill level and team speed. They played hard in both ends but particularly offensively. I watched them put 5 goals up against, in my opinion, the most talented team in the state. However, I also watched them completely take themselves out of this and one other game because they lacked discipline and took stupid penalties. If they smarten up, they could be unbeatable. Imagine if they had Sainty and Walters :shock:
If you're talking about the Holy Angels game i agree. They did lack some composure in this game, but thats what playoffs can do to a team...but a good team will keep their emotions in check :!: If the irish can do this...oh boy :lol:
There were several games the Irish took stupid penalties. The coaches will need the leaders of the team to play a smarter brand of hockey.

Heard Friedman from Eastview will be heading to Edina. That will help Rosemount.

gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:22 pm

won't friedman have to sit out part of the year if he goes to Edina

thestateofhockey777

Post by thestateofhockey777 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:09 pm

Not if he moves there.