LOW Bears

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lw409

LOW Bears

Post by Lw409 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:14 am

How are the LOW Bears going to be this year and how are they going to do against section 8a teams such as crookston, trf, warroad, egf, and newly added lumberjacks?

XL energy center

LOW Bears

Post by XL energy center » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:39 pm

I think the good ol Bears will struggle against section 8a opponents. Especialy agaist warroad trf egf bem. but u better throw park rapids in there too cuz they beat the bears last yr and the bears lost way more than pr did. i think they will be able to play with crookston and rlf. but i also think they could be a team that could upset one of those top teams too so i dont know really.

Goldy Gopher

Re: LOW Bears

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm

XL energy center wrote:I think the good ol Bears will struggle against section 8a opponents. Especialy agaist warroad trf egf bem. but u better throw park rapids in there too cuz they beat the bears last yr and the bears lost way more than pr did. i think they will be able to play with crookston and rlf. but i also think they could be a team that could upset one of those top teams too so i dont know really.
Thanks for taking both sides of an argument and really not saying anything.
The U invented swagger.

Lw409

Re: LOW Bears

Post by Lw409 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Any D-men for the Bears going to fill Clarks spot on the team or is Baudette banking on that young tender to win the games for them... Any 1st line forwards returning?

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:37 pm

How many kids do they have playing for the Warriors this year? :wink:

It's too bad they couldn't keep Fabian around, but why would he want to stay. He'll be a great coach if that's what he continues to do.

Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 am

LOW will be at the bottem of section 8a no question.

egf hockey1

Post by egf hockey1 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:17 pm

Unfortunately, I don't see them competing with the big boys. They will battle with Crookston, Kittson Central, and Red Lake Falls, for the 6-9 seeds in this section. The bad thing is is that this might be their best team for years to come.

hockeyfan4

Post by hockeyfan4 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 pm

I am pretty sure that fabian is going to be assistant coach of moorhead this year. i know he has a teaching job down there so i am assuming he will be coaching

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:56 pm

hockeyfan4 wrote:I am pretty sure that fabian is going to be assistant coach of moorhead this year. i know he has a teaching job down there so i am assuming he will be coaching
He is the assistant coach, and I'm not sure if he'll be teaching. I'm guessing in some form he will, but i heard he wants to get his masters degree, that's why he went to Moorhead. Good luck to him, great guy. If i was the Spuds i'd hire this guy to be the head coach immediately! What's his name is a dip.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:17 pm

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
hockeyfan4 wrote:I am pretty sure that fabian is going to be assistant coach of moorhead this year. i know he has a teaching job down there so i am assuming he will be coaching
He is the assistant coach, and I'm not sure if he'll be teaching. I'm guessing in some form he will, but i heard he wants to get his masters degree, that's why he went to Moorhead. Good luck to him, great guy. If i was the Spuds i'd hire this guy to be the head coach immediately! What's his name is a dip.
That's why everyone in Moorhead is happy that you're not the Spuds. You're not going to find a much better coach than Dave Morinville.
The U invented swagger.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
That's why everyone in Moorhead is happy that you're not the Spuds. You're not going to find a much better coach than Dave Morinville.
Unless you actually open your eyes and look.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:15 pm

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
What more would you want out of a high school hockey coach than what Morinville has given Moorhead?
The U invented swagger.

Fargo

Post by Fargo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:45 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
What more would you want out of a high school hockey coach than what Morinville has given Moorhead?
Morinville is a successful coach except in the big one. I would like to see more CLASS, SPORTSMANSHIP, and LEADING BY EXAMPLE etc. (i.e., 2007 Region 8AA final)

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Fargo wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Morinville is a successful coach except in the big one. I would like to see more CLASS, SPORTSMANSHIP, and LEADING BY EXAMPLE etc. (i.e., 2007 Region 8AA final)
You've got to take the good with the bad his record at Moorhead is 188-58-19 that's a .709 winning percentage for all you non-mathematicians out there. With the schedule that Moorhead usually plays against, that's pretty darn good if you ask me.
The U invented swagger.

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:19 am

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
A state championship!!!! Mr. Fabian knows what it takes to get one of those!

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
You have mentioned the word Fabian more times on here in two weeks than everyone else combined has in two years. Stop blowing smoke. You are obviously a friend of the family. The problem is, if you paid any attention to the Fabian's the last thing they would want is some idiot bragging about them on a message board.

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 pm

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

You have mentioned the word Fabian more times on here in two weeks than everyone else combined has in two years. Stop blowing smoke. You are obviously a friend of the family. The problem is, if you paid any attention to the Fabian's the last thing they would want is some idiot bragging about them on a message board.
I guess an "actual former player" would know everything. Good god people are serious here! I'm not a friend of the family. I know Mark, have since i was a little tike. If I know Mark, and i do, i think he'd appreciate someone saying he's a great guy and would make a great coach. that's been about my extent of "bragging" about him. Apparently you can't say nice things about people?

Anyway, I agree Morinville has done everything for Spuds hockey. Basically putting it on the map. I'm suggesting that it's maybe time to move on and let some new blood in. It's a fact that he hasn't won the big one. That doesn't make him a bad coach, it's maybe just time to pass the reigns.

BERG has really ruffled some feathers! I'll try be more low key from now on! :twisted:

State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:43 pm

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

I guess an "actual former player" would know everything. Good god people are serious here! I'm not a friend of the family. I know Mark, have since i was a little tike. If I know Mark, and i do, i think he'd appreciate someone saying he's a great guy and would make a great coach. that's been about my extent of "bragging" about him. Apparently you can't say nice things about people?

Anyway, I agree Morinville has done everything for Spuds hockey. Basically putting it on the map. I'm suggesting that it's maybe time to move on and let some new blood in. It's a fact that he hasn't won the big one. That doesn't make him a bad coach, it's maybe just time to pass the reigns.

BERG has really ruffled some feathers! I'll try be more low key from now on! :twisted:
Morinville put them on the map huh? I guess Terry Cullen was before your time :roll:

BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:28 pm

State Champ 97 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:

Morinville put them on the map huh? I guess Terry Cullen was before your time :roll:
My bad, you got me, nice work.