5A Predictions ...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

shuna

5A Predictions ...

Post by shuna »

Any ideas in 5A ??

- Hermantown High School
- Duluth Denfeld High School
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High School
- Saint Cloud Cathedral High School
- North Branch High School
- Princeton High School
- Full-screenPine City/Rush City
- Mora/Hinckley-Finlayson
- Moose Lake Area
- Proctor High School
barnorthhockeyguy

5A

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

I think it will be either Denfeld or Hermantown going to state out of this section. SCC lost alot of seniors. I think Denfeld are the Favorites but dont count out Hermantown they are usually good and defending champs. Seeing they are the Defending champs they will not make it back to the X next year. Its Denfelds turn to go to state.
quickgym guy

Re: 5A

Post by quickgym guy »

barnorthhockeyguy wrote:I think it will be either Denfeld or Hermantown going to state out of this section. SCC lost alot of seniors. I think Denfeld are the Favorites but dont count out Hermantown they are usually good and defending champs. Seeing they are the Defending champs they will not make it back to the X next year. Its Denfelds turn to go to state.
I know it's only summer hockey, but Denfeld did not look very good this year... Their goaltending will have to improve if they want a chance to go to the X.
barnorthhockeyguy

5A

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

Denfeld they played good in Buffalo took 2nd place and not so great in Cloquet. They were missing a few of there senior players. Not saying that would have made a diffrence but I think they would have done a little better in cloquet. Agree takes great goaltending to make it to the X. It will be fun to watch who ever makes it to state. This will be a fun section to watch.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

barnorthhockeyguy wrote:Denfeld they played good in Buffalo took 2nd place and not so great in Cloquet. They were missing a few of there senior players. Not saying that would have made a diffrence but I think they would have done a little better in cloquet. Agree takes great goaltending to make it to the X. It will be fun to watch who ever makes it to state. This will be a fun section to watch.
I agree... Denfeld has alot of speed too. I would like to see them make it. It has been awhile for them.
shuna

Post by shuna »

barnorthhockeyguy wrote:I think it will be either Denfeld or Hermantown going to state out of this section. SCC lost alot of seniors. I think Denfeld are the Favorites but dont count out Hermantown they are usually good and defending champs. Seeing they are the Defending champs they will not make it back to the X next year. Its Denfelds turn to go to state.
I agree .. I think its Denfelds turn to go to state ..
Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 »

Now that DM is out of the section it will be nice to see some other team go to state... If SCC can find some goaltending from somewhere they should be able to put a pretty good team on the ice even though they did lose a good number of seniors.
shuna

Post by shuna »

no more predictions for Section 5A ???
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Maybe a 3 horse race this year with possibly SCC. Going forward onlya two horse.
DD /Herman then what?
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

I like SCC, just my opinion though! :wink:
shuna

Post by shuna »

Hermantown or Denfeld ...
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Hermantown.....
Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 »

Goaltending is going to be the big issue in this section... The three top teams: Denfeld, Cathedral and Hermantown all lost their starting goalies and the only team that has a goalie that has seen any varsity experience is Denfeld's Skurichs saw one game last season. SCC has a great defense. Defeld has a great offense and Herman town has probably the best all around team in the section. But it is all going to come down to the team that can find the goaltending.