Rochester Century to the USHL?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

crash

Rochester Century to the USHL?

Post by crash » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:14 pm

crash wrote:
rochester is more indivually talented... Joe Knoepke, Colin Briscoe Garrett Grimstad and Bryce Wilcox all played in the Elite League this year and are all going to the USHL
I will bet you a house that they all don't play in the USHL! I would even bet one or two won't stick in the NAHL next year. OVERRATED talent and lack of gritty play is what kills Century when they play top end teams.
Grimstad played 12 games and had a big ol' goose egg for points, he will start with GB but if he doesn't pick it up he'll be in the NA in a month.

Bryce Wilcox is either going to the AJHL or the NAHL...no real USHL sniffs.

Briscoe just got gassed from Tri-Cities and removed from the affiliates list, AKA they washed their hands of Bris.

Joe Knoc isn't playing in the USHL this year, he will be lucky if he can do a split season in the NAHL.

SOOOO anyone else think they will all play in the USHL?

All good players but people please, the MJHL is a step up for most high school players, the NA even more so and the USHL way above the Minnesota High School league.

SouthrenHockey44

Re: Rochester Century to the USHL?

Post by SouthrenHockey44 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:28 am

[quote="crash"][quote="crash"][quote] rochester is more indivually talented... Joe Knoepke, Colin Briscoe Garrett Grimstad and Bryce Wilcox all played in the Elite League this year and are all going to the USHL[/quote]

I will bet you a house that they all don't play in the USHL! I would even bet one or two won't stick in the NAHL next year. OVERRATED talent and lack of gritty play is what kills Century when they play top end teams.[/quote]

Grimstad played 12 games and had a big ol' goose egg for points, he will start with GB but if he doesn't pick it up he'll be in the NA in a month.

Bryce Wilcox is either going to the AJHL or the NAHL...no real USHL sniffs.

Briscoe just got gassed from Tri-Cities and removed from the affiliates list, AKA they washed their hands of Bris.

Joe Knoc isn't playing in the USHL this year, he will be lucky if he can do a split season in the NAHL.

SOOOO anyone else think they will all play in the USHL?

All good players but people please, the MJHL is a step up for most high school players, the NA even more so and the USHL way above the Minnesota High School league.[/quote]

OK First of all Briscoe wasn't Guaranteed a spot at Tri-City and he made the decison to go to Augsburg with a bunch of his buddys and play there. Smart in my mind.

Second Grimstead was just getting used to the speed and level of GB. Look where he was comming from, Big 9, where he plays teams like Winon Austin ect. He will do fine

Third why do you say Knopke would be lucky to do a split season with NAHL? where else will he play since he graduated?

Sounds like someone is bitter towards Century.

aflac

Post by aflac » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:24 pm

I heard that Briscoe is going to Owatonna and play for the Express

crash

Post by crash » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Bitter?!? Are you high? I am a Panther all the way, but people just have no clue on hockey talent and what it takes to play after high school.

Augsburg, he'll get limited ice at first in the MIAC too! If he played in the NAHL for a year he would be WAY better off.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the levels of play!

SouthrenHockey44

Post by SouthrenHockey44 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:39 am

[quote="aflac"]I heard that Briscoe is going to Owatonna and play for the Express[/quote]

Doubt it. I know that Knutson was rumor'd to try out for them next week. He didn't make the Cedar Rapids Team

crash

Post by crash » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 am

Grimstad just got cut from the USHL and Joey K has played 1 out of 6 games for a very very bad NAHL team from Alex.

I ask again, Really, will they all play in the USHL?