Best 6a line this winter?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RockIN76

Best 6a line this winter?

Post by RockIN76 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:59 pm

Haven't heard anything yet, anyone else?

Goldy Gopher

Re: Best 6a line this winter?

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:03 pm

RockIN76 wrote:Haven't heard anything yet, anyone else?
Theis, Christen, and Hockemeyer from St. Cloud Apollo should put up some pretty big numbers this year. Theis is very strong and very fast. Christen has an uncanny knack for finding the back of the net, and Hockemeyer is just an all around very solid player.
The U invented swagger.

George Blanda

Post by George Blanda » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:26 pm

The Hanowski boys will certainly be missing their buddy Festler. I think Ben is a great player but needs a player like Festler around him to make plays. Ben can't take a game over like Festler could, in my opinion. Jared could take the puck from one end of the ice to the other and score a goal or make a play, Ben doesn't have the speed to do that.

That being said, a great player like Ben and a pretty solid player like Beau will make for a darn good line in 6A.

My vote for top line will agree with Goldy Gopher's top line. Although my analysis of the players on that line might be different. I watched Christen play last night for the Granite City Lumberjacks (Jr. A, tier 3). He seemed to have pretty good speed but is kind of small and very weak. He can score goals, though. Theis is a big and strong kid that moves pretty good and can make plays. He won't necessarily dangle around many people, but he will find the open man and move the puck. Hockemeyer is kind of an ugly skater, but really works well with Christen and Theis. He is a pretty solid all around player that will be a good fit for this line.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey

RockIN76

Post by RockIN76 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:52 pm

anything from other schools? Alexandria? Fergus?

stitches

Post by stitches » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Who is Little Falls going to put with the Hanowski boys?

Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:54 pm

I imagine that either Jr. Riley Hirsch or Jr. Ben Nelson will be playing with the Hanowski boys this season

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:06 pm

As of week 4 Ben is in tied for 6th place with 6 other players in the HS Elite in points.
The thing is he has 13 of them as goals. So he second in the goal category with that.
Good scoring against all good teams with top player. He is doing Great.

That new line mate will be crucial for that Small Falls line.
Last year when you keyed on Jared the puck could be on Ben’s stick. So it made for some long days for opponents.

I would guess the whole year will be to key in on Ben. And not the line.

So could it be the opposite this year? Say a long year once the coaches establish a game plan on one player.
When his dad coached him in second year Peewee’s it was the Ben show, great at decoying, offence, defense, breakout, running the power play from the point and get the puck to Ben.

Does that work in High School though??? Might Ben play Defense again?

stitches

Post by stitches » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:41 pm

When Hanowski was a second year Pee Wee, didn't that team get 3rd place in the State Pee Wee A tournament? If I recall hearing correctly, they beat Roseau. Not that they could do that now, but that was certainly not expected at the State Tournament.