holy family/waciona

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dangler14

Post by dangler14 »

ya next year both teams will struggle but i think waconia will be better then HF because they have juniors this year that are good (Josh Eiden, Chris Leivermann, Derik Noeldner, dusty hanson- average goalie) along with a few sopomores who are decent (Charlie Smothers, Brian McCavoy) and either way it will be a great thing for Waconia to finally get a HS team. Next year is going to be interesting for both teams.
gopherhockey06

Post by gopherhockey06 »

whos gonna be their goalies this year?
Last edited by gopherhockey06 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hischoolhokfan

Post by Hischoolhokfan »

They have Dusty Hanson, a junior from Waconia. He's small but can be decent. He played like 2 periods varsity last year, I dont know why but he did.

And then they have a Laprade kid from Chaska who is a freshmen. Dont know much except he is tall.

I think theyll be fine in the goalie area. No experience but that will come around after time.

They have alot of experience coming back this year for players. There forwards are small but quick and there D are huge and will be tough to get around. Except for Nelson, that kid never was that good and I still dont know why he played last year.

The only thing they should be worried about is team chemistry. I heard from a parent that the captains this year are kids that no one really likes and the waconia kids are kind of pissed because the captains are from HF. But besides that they'll be fine.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Let me guess....
Schwartz
Earls
Raser

How close am I?
G-Nos616

Post by G-Nos616 »

Schwartz is a good player. I'm assuming he'll be a captain. He's got some speed and he's a good vocal leader. I think he would lead this team in a positive way regardless of his popularity.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

G-Nos616 wrote:Schwartz is a good player. I'm assuming he'll be a captain. He's got some speed and he's a good vocal leader. I think he would lead this team in a positive way regardless of his popularity.
I have no child/student/player at HF

My son helped stopped shots this summer at the summer camp and thought Schwartz was a great kid and respected him for how he carried himself. He loved his energy and attitude he brought to the rink
fighting all who rob or plunder
Hischoolhokfan

Captains or Captnots

Post by Hischoolhokfan »

The captains are Schwartz and Raser.

Raser could be good but he still has to learn to respect everyone. He doesnt respect people so people dont respect him. From what I heard last year he was off and on as being a good leader. He would either be in a good mood or just pissed off and not a team player. Some players on the team( wont say names) said that even when HF were winning like 12-0 in a tournament game up in wadena. He was whining about ice time. Truthfully I think he's just there for himself and doesnt really care about the team. Sure everyone wants to get points against an easy team but who has the balls to whine to the coach about ice time when your up by that much. The sad thing is it wasnt only him. It was also Schwartz who was whining too. By that said I think HF has to take a good long look at who is leading there team this year.

If it were my decision I would go with someone that everyone likes and gets along with. But then again if you did that people like Schwartz would get pissed off and then what would that do. Your in the same position as you started. Why not just go with someone like Cody Boll and John Shaw and then maybe Dragos or Leivermann. By what I have heard over the years Cody Boll is a great leader and gets along with everyone, he doesnt care about ice time he just loves the game and enjoys being apart of a team and enjoys playing the sport he loves. And then you have John Shaw, great athlete, awesome defensemen, strong, and people respect him. Or another could be Bennett Dragos, good kid, nice, loves hockey, and is a good leader, he has been on the team for 4 years if Im not mistaken and knows what to expect and he knows what good leadership qualities are because he's seen it all throughout HF's existance. Or a ballsy move would be to make Chris Leivermann a captain, Junior forward who has alot of talent. The kid just knows how to score, All Conference I believe last year as a Sophomore and has alot of hockey ahead of him. The kid just knows how to score, bottom line.

Well thats my outlook on that. All I know is if they dont do something about the captain situation things could get rowdy if you know what I mean. To be totally honest Public and Private dont work that well together. I hate to say it but its the truth. You have your rich kids that think there better then everyone and then you have your country boys that dont take sh#% from no one. In the end, you know who wins. Do I even have to say it.

Hopefully this year is different though because it is there last year together and it would be kind of sweet to see them do something like two years ago.

Shakopee 2
Holy Family 3

I think we all remember that game.
fivehole628

Re: Captains or Captnots

Post by fivehole628 »

Is Earls going to play this year? I heard he might receive a football scholarship that wont allow him to play hockey this year.