best team in years to come

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

snowwhite13

best team in years to come

Post by snowwhite13 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 pm

who will be the best WCHA team in around the next 6 years?

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 pm

University of Minnesota

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze » Thu May 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Minnesota, North Dakota, and Denver I think will be the power trio.

SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Blue Breeze wrote:Minnesota, North Dakota, and Denver I think will be the power trio.
Add SCSU to the mix. Motzko has some very nice Minnesota talent coming in the next few years.

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:02 am

SEC Scotty wrote:
Blue Breeze wrote:Minnesota, North Dakota, and Denver I think will be the power trio.
Add SCSU to the mix. Motzko has some very nice Minnesota talent coming in the next few years.

Agree

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:16 pm

The youth program with the skills emphases has help tremendous in supplying the collages with great talent. Yes some have better than great, but it all is good for the game.

Stay the course and it can only get better due to the level of completion coming thru the rank and files.

Once D-1 applies the NHL rule on the grabbing and let the kids fly! Now a recruiting war begins. Sorry Alaska you’re a little outside the circle of close travel.

The difference will be, do you take a kid that will only give you two years of playing time or ones that will be there the full four years. Player development program with the advanced draft pick or build from with in?

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:56 pm

The teams that have depth and recover from player losses quickly are the ones that consistently contend. Two WCHA programs do that far better than the rest.... Minnesota and UND.

Some of the other schools mentioned here will have shorter periods of time where they could contend but they generally only last a year or two because they don't reload as well.

wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:26 pm

Gopher Blog wrote: Some of the other schools mentioned here will have shorter periods of time where they could contend but they generally only last a year or two because they don't reload as well.
National title in 2006 and we come back with the #1 recruiting class? Your right we do go one and done cuz we just cant reload. Watch out buddy here we come!

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:33 pm

wisconsinprephockey wrote:National title in 2006 and we come back with the #1 recruiting class? Your right we do go one and done cuz we just cant reload. Watch out buddy here we come!
Yeah, UW/Eaves managed to "reload" very well after the title.... missing the NCAAs completely last year. Not exactly the definition of "reloading" my friend. :oops:

wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
wisconsinprephockey wrote:National title in 2006 and we come back with the #1 recruiting class? Your right we do go one and done cuz we just cant reload. Watch out buddy here we come!
Yeah, UW/Eaves managed to "reload" very well after the title.... missing the NCAAs completely last year. Not exactly the definition of "reloading" my friend. :oops:
Im sorry what did you say? I must have missed while reading about our ridiculous recruiting class

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Unless reloading means something different in Wisconsin, it didn't quite happen the year after the title. :lol:

We'll see if the new class can help get them back to the big dance this year.

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Gophers can't keep the main talent from leaving. Wisc boys will stick around without anywhere to go. :D Edge Wisco. But coaching will hold them back...

The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs

wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 pm

Gopher Blog wrote: We'll see if the new class can help get them back to the big dance this year.
Lets not get carried away, Im a fan but still realistic. I believe we are underrated and could finish second in the conference, to young to take it all the way to the big dance tho...

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:42 pm

wisconsinprephockey wrote:I believe we are underrated and could finish second in the conference, to young to take it all the way to the big dance tho...
Big Dance = Making the NCAA tourney

We'll see if the new guys can get them there this year. If they live up to your lofty expectations (2nd place), they should. But it is pretty tough to put them that high in the league at this early stage. Not with what some other teams in the league have in comparison (especially for veterans).