Ty Gretzky - not at Shattuck?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown

Ty Gretzky - not at Shattuck?

Post by O-townClown » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 pm

I've looked at all the SSM rosters and didn't see The Great One's offspring. Did he leave?

Govs93

Post by Govs93 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:00 pm

He left. Scroll down on this page and you'll see a quick note:

"Ty Gretzky, son of former NHL great and Phoenix Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky, plans to resume his junior year in high school in Phoenix rather than return to Shattuck-St. Mary's in Faribault, Minn., where he played last season."

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Does anyone have any idea why he left?
The U invented swagger.

O-townClown

I can guess

Post by O-townClown » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:Does anyone have any idea why he left?
Hockey-wise he doesn't appear to have a future. He's now at an age where the better players are continuing to develop. As a 10th grader he played on Shattuck's 4th-best team. From looking at the statistics, he didn't stand out at all.

16 of 20 players from the Tier I Bantam team are back, which I think is a pretty high retention rate. For those that leave, I reckon they and/or their parents don't see much reason in staying away from home if it doesn't lead to more hockey opportunities.

Sometimes players leave for stronger hockey competition, but not often. Montpetit did not return and now plays in the USHL.

Goldy Gopher

Re: I can guess

Post by Goldy Gopher » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:53 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:Does anyone have any idea why he left?
Hockey-wise he doesn't appear to have a future. He's now at an age where the better players are continuing to develop. As a 10th grader he played on Shattuck's 4th-best team. From looking at the statistics, he didn't stand out at all.

16 of 20 players from the Tier I Bantam team are back, which I think is a pretty high retention rate. For those that leave, I reckon they and/or their parents don't see much reason in staying away from home if it doesn't lead to more hockey opportunities.

Sometimes players leave for stronger hockey competition, but not often. Montpetit did not return and now plays in the USHL.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was wondering, if he was just not good enough or what the exact reason was.
The U invented swagger.