High School with the best player ammentities?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

deacon

High School with the best player ammentities?

Post by deacon »

I'm just curious as to what high school has the nicest facilities from a players perspective. Such as locker room, weight room, training room, ect...

What do you guys think/know/heard?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

The mini-Ralph is the best I've seen.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

@ $13.5 mil. it's gonna be hard to beat that facility.
DmnHawk5

Post by DmnHawk5 »

Duluth Marshall's rink is right on campus so its nice for the players to not have to drive to get to practice and being able to just walk to it right after school. I think there is also more of a feeling of pride when you have your own rink, as opposed to many other Duluth teams that share the DECC.

But the mini-ralph is the nicest.
deacon

Post by deacon »

i know STA has their rink right on campus. they have their own lockers and keep their equipment there from what i've heard. they also have a weight room and training room, which is pretty cool.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:The mini-Ralph is the best I've seen.

Have to agree with you on that one.
original6

Post by original6 »

Breck has a very nice facility. Weight room for workouts,lounge area to do homework and hangout when not practicing, All that and the ice is pretty good too.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote:

AND I BET ITS JUST KILLING YOU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

OK, Mini Ralph is in a class by itself.
Locally, I can't think of a nicer rink than the Breck Anderson Ice arena. State of the art weight room, The Heritage room for parents/alum, kick but locker rooms for both the boys and girls, complete with individual wood lockers, T.V.'s etc.. big clean visitor locker rooms and a big lobby, with plenty of room and complimentary tissue for all those Blake fans to come and whimper when the Bears blow another big lead........... :lol:
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Breck and Minnetonka are the two in the Cities that I think are in a class by themselves but they are both slums compared to the the Little Ralph.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

the gardens in warroad with a weight room, locker rooms for the varsity, jv, bantams, and the girls.right next to the school. but i dont think anything comes close to the mini-Ralph
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
rams1989

Post by rams1989 »

Little Ralph and it's not even close. Nicest High School rink in the world, and then there is the weight room, banquet room, etc.
iseepalms

Hill-Murray

Post by iseepalms »

With all of it's money and successful people how come Hill-Murray does not have it's own rink and wonderful weightlifting room? Get some of those dead beat success stories to donate and build.
Northland

Re: Hill-Murray

Post by Northland »

iseepalms wrote:With all of it's money and successful people how come Hill-Murray does not have it's own rink and wonderful weightlifting room? Get some of those dead beat success stories to donate and build.
Hill does have its own rink ... Aldrich :lol:

breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:

AND I BET ITS JUST KILLING YOU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't see it didn't give me heartburn :D
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

Geez!!! Northland For some reason I thought Aldrich was a county rink that was for everyone. You must know more than me or think you do. Nice try though. And again you have other people on the board agreeing . Also does Hill really have their own private lockerooms at Aldrich? I don't think so. Your next guess Harding arena same answer, Johnson arena same answer. I think the answer is right here in front of you NO ARENA TO CALL HOME!!!! Supporters get some money out there.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

The Little Ralph in TRF is the best arena for the players hands down. But the Memorial in Roseau is the best for the older fans and the Parents because it has that secret underground tunnel to the legion.
boblee

post 8427

Post by boblee »

iseepalms wrote:Geez!!! Northland For some reason I thought Aldrich was a county rink that was for everyone. You must know more than me or think you do. Nice try though. And again you have other people on the board agreeing . Also does Hill really have their own private lockerooms at Aldrich? I don't think so. Your next guess Harding arena same answer, Johnson arena same answer. I think the answer is right here in front of you NO ARENA TO CALL HOME!!!! Supporters get some money out there.
Take a look at the emoticon. He is being sarcastic
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:The Little Ralph in TRF is the best arena for the players hands down. But the Memorial in Roseau is the best for the older fans and the Parents because it has that secret underground tunnel to the legion.
Well it's not secret anymore now is it!! :lol:
Northland

Re: post 8427

Post by Northland »

boblee wrote:
iseepalms wrote:Geez!!! Northland For some reason I thought Aldrich was a county rink that was for everyone. You must know more than me or think you do. Nice try though. And again you have other people on the board agreeing . Also does Hill really have their own private lockerooms at Aldrich? I don't think so. Your next guess Harding arena same answer, Johnson arena same answer. I think the answer is right here in front of you NO ARENA TO CALL HOME!!!! Supporters get some money out there.
Yes I was ... and I forgot to mention Harding :lol:

Northland

Post by Northland »

You were pretty easy to hook........ relax :roll:

Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

boblee wrote:
He's close though... now that most of the St. Paul schools have consolidated, Johnson moved home games HOME to Phalen Arena, and Como is using the Coliseum as home, I think it's only HM & WBL using Aldrich as a "home"rink. I have no idea why WBL has never bothered to put some legitimate seats at the Sports Center out there... they're missing the boat.

Of course, if HM does get Aldrich to iteslf at any point, all the mytique that place has is immediately gone. :cry:
Northland

Post by Northland »

Govs93 wrote:
boblee wrote:
He's close though... now that most of the St. Paul schools have consolidated, Johnson moved home games HOME to Phalen Arena, and Como is using the Coliseum as home, I think it's only HM & WBL using Aldrich as a "home"rink. I have no idea why WBL has never bothered to put some legitimate seats at the Sports Center out there... they're missing the boat.

Of course, if HM does get Aldrich to iteslf at any point, all the mytique that place has is immediately gone. :cry:

I have many good memories at Aldrich. We use to stay after open skating to watch the 'Minnesota Fighting Saints' practice. Terry Ball use to always flip pucks up in the stands. I still have a few of those with their logo on it. Aldrich use to host the CCC tournament. Great fun. Practice there was always a treat as a kid.

To bad the ice is soft most of the time. :wink:

deacon

Post by deacon »

i was hoping to get some former/current players to chime in for this thread. i was looking to hear about what a casual fan can not see or use. some people have mentioned it already, but stuff such as couches, tv's, video games, ect...

i think that stuff is pretty interesting because it adds, imo, to the overall experience for the players.

i am also interested in hearing more the little ralph. links to pictures or info about it would be pretty cool.
proarch

Post by proarch »

The link to little Ralph is:

http://www.reatrf.com/index.html

From the home page click on "How it all started" on the right side and under "Features" you will find links to pictures of the different areas.