1a sophomores

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

01state

1a sophomores

Post by 01state »

who are some good sophomores?
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

hmmm... we will just have to see if I notice anyone standing out... Ill post it judging that most of the teams are pretty young theres bound to be a few
merritt29

Post by merritt29 »

this one is not a joke!
i would have to say that Aron dooley would be one of the better goalies as a sophmore.
he has his on and off days but when he is on he is on fire. i don't know who all here seen or heard about us going into O.T. with mayo and fairbult last year. he was in net for both games and played a hell of a game. he came up with some amazing saves call them lucky if u want but i think over all he is a very good goaltender but that is when he wants too.
gabT

Post by gabT »

Dooley is not that good...You said it yourself that he has his on and off days. I think that to be considered a good goalie you have to play consistently. STOP TALKING UP YOUR TEAM!!!!!
davey

Post by davey »

gabT wrote:Dooley is not that good...You said it yourself that he has his on and off days. I think that to be considered a good goalie you have to play consistently. STOP TALKING UP YOUR TEAM!!!!!
Gabt seems to me that you have talked up your West team before so maybe you should settle down a bit.
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

2 things 1 if Dooley was so good why did Austin continue to play Klingfus almost every other game. I think his GAA was like 9. Second off its fine to talk up your team but there is nothing to talk Austin up about. They are not gonna do jack this season, finishing 8th in the conference would be a miracle for them.
merritt29

Post by merritt29 »

gabT wrote:Dooley is not that good...You said it yourself that he has his on and off days. I think that to be considered a good goalie you have to play consistently. STOP TALKING UP YOUR TEAM!!!!!

gabT...SHUT UP... this is just what i think i have my opinion and you have yours
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

merritt29 wrote:this one is not a joke!
i would have to say that Aron dooley would be one of the better goalies as a sophmore.
he has his on and off days but when he is on he is on fire. i don't know who all here seen or heard about us going into O.T. with mayo and fairbult last year. he was in net for both games and played a hell of a game. he came up with some amazing saves call them lucky if u want but i think over all he is a very good goaltender but that is when he wants too.

He look VERY average... both are... klingfus is a one sided goalie [has been ever since pee wee's] meaning he always drops to one side before moving toward where the puck is headed You sure are high on Austin. . . haha not that there is anything to be high on
merritt29

Post by merritt29 »

slapnasty wrote:2 things 1 if Dooley was so good why did Austin continue to play Klingfus almost every other game. I think his GAA was like 9. Second off its fine to talk up your team but there is nothing to talk Austin up about. They are not gonna do jack this season, finishing 8th in the conference would be a miracle for them.

coach has his favorites and klingfus had better form but pee'd himself everytime a puck came at him.
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

ok how bout we get back on topic instead of talking about austin's goalies. So... anyone see any good sophomores?
davey

Post by davey »

hockeykid7 wrote:ok how bout we get back on topic instead of talking about austin's goalies. So... anyone see any good sophomores?
Matt Campbell from West should be a very good player. 20+ points as a freshman defenseman last year. Also, watch for Drew Weber a freshman forward for West to contribute this year.