Maple Grove Varsity

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

flatontheice

Maple Grove Varsity

Post by flatontheice »

How are they going to be this year? I heard they will have a good team.
mhjinsider

Maple Grove Varsity

Post by mhjinsider »

Not nearly as good as they would have been if they had the guys who went to private schools, most notably junior Josh Birkholz (Blake) and seniors Lars Gilyard and Blake DeRosier (Providence) to name a few.
Wisco

Post by Wisco »

no
hockeypuck91

Post by hockeypuck91 »

they will be good if the jr's don't get to big of a ego and don't play team hockey
toomanystitches

Post by toomanystitches »

Weren't Lars Gilyard and Blake DeRosier "B" players in the Maple Grove system? The loss of Birkholz is huge....a real impact player. Josh Gross? Must have really improved his game. Only had three goals last season. Good luck Josh! Keep piling on the ketsup.

Does anyone know who will be in goal for MG?
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

From what I have heard, Brandon Frakes of BSM transferred back into Maple Grove. I always remembered Gross as being a unselfish player that works hard. Hopefully he will have a better year. Good luck Josh!
somekidthatplayshockey

Maple Grove

Post by somekidthatplayshockey »

Not enough depth or leadership Bret Mason is the only leader on the team and they lost too many guys. Josh Gross is way to small wow he will not be good at all.
gabT

Post by gabT »

Do you know if Frakes really transfered or is it just a rumor? Also if he did transfer did he do it before the March 30th deadline last year?
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

Frakes is eligable and attending Maple Grove Senior High. I recieved this info from a parent at Maple Grove. somekidthatplayshockey, Gross is not very tall, but is very thick from what I have seen, and is a good player. While attending a few Elite II games throughout the season, another Maple Grove defensemen stuck out. Not sure on the name, but a great player. Time will tell, and good luck to all the teams in this section. I believe this one is a definite toss up.
MNHockey08

Post by MNHockey08 »

Defense's name is Wally Cossette, and is a pretty good player
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

That's the name. He has one of the better poke checks I have seen in a long time because of his huge reach.