The STORM is Coming

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RobRay

The STORM is Coming

Post by RobRay »

Regardless of how tomASS feels the Chanhassen Storm are coming fall of '09. How will this affect the Chaska program after the split? Will Chaska/Chan be forced out of the Lake? What will this do to the youth program? Is this situation similar to the Lakeville split?
Etc....

Logo and fight song selected for Chanhassen High School
The Storm is Coming...2009! And now, Chanhassen High has an official logo. It's an ominous-looking storm cloud guarding the letter C. The Board also approved the logo committee' recommendation for a fight song. Chanhassen will use the tune and words from the University of Michigan's famous fight song, substituting the word Chanhassen for Michigan. The logo was created by Jostens at no cost to the District. Thank you to Jostens for its generous support!

To see new logo click below,

http://www.district112.org/news_story14.html
tomASS

Re: The STORM is Coming

Post by tomASS »

RobRay wrote:Regardless of how tomASS feels the Chanhassen Storm are coming fall of '09. How will this affect the Chaska program after the split? Will Chaska/Chan be forced out of the Lake? What will this do to the youth program? Is this situation similar to the Lakeville split?
Yep it is coming and for a mere 92 miliion in brick and cement Chanhassen is ridding themselves of their identity crisis. :wink:

Great choice to use Hail to the Victors,I do like that.
I'm ok with the colors and logo. I think it needs some minor adjustments in sizing of some of the elements of the image. I'm sure some parent will say the storm cloud looks too evil. Wonder if the MSHSL will insert itself like the NCAA did with the UND logo?

Best thing about the project is that Chaska AD Dick Ungar, one of the best in the state, is overseeing a lot of the processes in the creation of the new school. He will do a great job within the confines of the project

Discussions on Conference alignment are taking place but they are not public knowledge yet and would be pure speculation at this point.

Can't tell you if it will be like the Lakeville split - sounds like they have their own problems. I'm sure the Chanhassen residents will want to do it themselves- see another post on the youth side with a question about what it takes to start a new association. You better include the Tonka folks in your discussion because a sizable portion of Chanhassen residents are part of the Tonka school district.

As far as the new school - pretty poor site location being only 1.4 miles from the Chaska HS and being landlocked. At least LV South built a new school that had the land available to expand and build new site facilities for future growth. I think the Victoria residents voted the way they did for the right reason......yes to spending the money but no to having it landlocked in Chanhassen.

It is what it is -

RobRay, the first post and new moniker hopefully does not make you a twin brother of the same monster :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

I really like the logo and fight song... Good choice on that one. Interesting to see that it is only 1.4 miles from a future rival, sounds like another set of rivals in the suburbs.....
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Along this news, I hear the new Woodbury/Cottage Grove high school (East Ridge High) will go with the nickname .....................

.........................the PIONEERS.......................

as to confuse some of the local parents and students to think they are at Hill. Lets see how this works out.
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

Thank goodness that Chanhassen high school is well on its way. Just like my buddy tomASS states. Dick Unger is doing a fantastic job with the new high school.
It will be so nice for Chanhassen to get their own identity. Some people were foolish. They actually wanted the school district to add onto the existing Chaska high school. When it was voted to have two high schools. The same people wanted Chaska North high school and Chaska South high school. How original! Why have another EP when you can give more kids the opportunity to play sports or be involved with Arts.

The school district is leasing the Victoria fieldhouse. And have plans to add another rink. These two rinks will be for Chanhassen and Holy Family hockey teams.

There's also some talk of keeping one youth association. I myself think Chanhassen needs to start their own association. Most likely in 2010. Start the fundraising in 2009 when the school opens.

Time to split. Chaska Hawks will soon be rivals of Chanhassen.

FEAR THE STORM! Love the logo. It will look great on the hockey jerseys.

Go Storm!
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

BoogeyMan wrote:Thank goodness that Chanhassen high school is well on its way. Just like my buddy tomASS states. Dick Unger is doing a fantastic job with the new high school.
It will be so nice for Chanhassen to get their own identity. Some people were foolish. They actually wanted the school district to add onto the existing Chaska high school. When it was voted to have two high schools. The same people wanted Chaska North high school and Chaska South high school. How original! Why have another EP when you can give more kids the opportunity to play sports or be involved with Arts.

The school district is leasing the Victoria fieldhouse. And have plans to add another rink. These two rinks will be for Chanhassen and Holy Family hockey teams.

There's also some talk of keeping one youth association. I myself think Chanhassen needs to start their own association. Most likely in 2010. Start the fundraising in 2009 when the school opens.

Time to split. Chaska Hawks will soon be rivals of Chanhassen.

FEAR THE STORM! Love the logo. It will look great on the hockey jerseys.

Go Storm!
Ahhhh........Chanhassen!!!
The logo is nice.
Chaska has struggled at the high school and the youth level. This will be a bit of a hit to their already challenged talent base. Fair enough though. Chanhassen is certainly deserving of their own identity. Go Storm!!!
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

WayOutWest wrote:
The logo is nice.
Chaska has struggled at the high school and the youth level. This will be a bit of a hit to their already challenged talent base. Fair enough though. Chanhassen is certainly deserving of their own identity. Go Storm!!!
Oh stop it!, you're just rooting for the Storm becasue now Waconia would have two local high school athletic programs that they could beat up on in most sports (football probably aready). You're just anxious for those two easy marks :lol:

If Waconia ever builds a second high school make sure you pick a spot that allows expansion of facilities and you don't have to spend millions of dollars on lanscaping to prevent erosion of the actual physical site just so it can be built.

The "Utilities" would have been a great choice also since there are huge power lines running next to the school on one side, a major gas line running in front of the school and a railroad tracks for extra measure.

When the doppler radar ball is glowing red, warmer weather is a .....oh wait that thing is always white.....it doesn't try to change colors
Last edited by tomASS on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

tomASS wrote:
WayOutWest wrote:
The logo is nice.
Oh stop it!, you're just rooting for the Storm becasue now Waconia would have two local high school athletic programs that they could beat up on in most sports (football probably aready). You're just anxious for those two easy marks :lol:
Well....................yeah!!!! :lol:
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

tomASS- I also thought Maple leafs would be a great nickname. I really like the new logo.
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
RobRay

Post by RobRay »

tomASS wrote:
RobRay wrote:Regardless of how tomASS feels the Chanhassen Storm are coming fall of '09. How will this affect the Chaska program after the split? Will Chaska/Chan be forced out of the Lake? What will this do to the youth program? Is this situation similar to the Lakeville split?
Yep it is coming and for a mere 92 miliion in brick and cement Chanhassen is ridding themselves of their identity crisis. :wink:

Great choice to use Hail to the Victors,I do like that.
I'm ok with the colors and logo. I think it needs some minor adjustments in sizing of some of the elements of the image. I'm sure some parent will say the storm cloud looks too evil. Wonder if the MSHSL will insert itself like the NCAA did with the UND logo?

Best thing about the project is that Chaska AD Dick Ungar, one of the best in the state, is overseeing a lot of the processes in the creation of the new school. He will do a great job within the confines of the project

Discussions on Conference alignment are taking place but they are not public knowledge yet and would be pure speculation at this point.

Can't tell you if it will be like the Lakeville split - sounds like they have their own problems. I'm sure the Chanhassen residents will want to do it themselves- see another post on the youth side with a question about what it takes to start a new association. You better include the Tonka folks in your discussion because a sizable portion of Chanhassen residents are part of the Tonka school district.

As far as the new school - pretty poor site location being only 1.4 miles from the Chaska HS and being landlocked. At least LV South built a new school that had the land available to expand and build new site facilities for future growth. I think the Victoria residents voted the way they did for the right reason......yes to spending the money but no to having it landlocked in Chanhassen.

It is what it is -

RobRay, the first post and new moniker hopefully does not make you a twin brother of the same monster :lol:

tomASS -- agreed on most of your points but don't understand the Tonka comment. Why would the chan/tonka folks be concerned about a new association in chan? Are you refering to a use of facilities type issue?

Know anything about open enrollment plans?

As for the monster comment I don't think your promotion of ostracizing the 'Monster' is the answer. :D Like Rodney King said, 'can't we all get along'. :)
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

RobRay wrote:
tomASS -- agreed on most of your points but don't understand the Tonka comment. Why would the chan/tonka folks be concerned about a new association in chan? Are you refering to a use of facilities type issue?

Know anything about open enrollment plans?

As for the monster comment I don't think your promotion of ostracizing the 'Monster' is the answer. :D Like Rodney King said, 'can't we all get along'. :)
RobRay-
- The city of Chanhassen encompasses some of the Tonka school District. If it is a true Chanhassen HS then I would think Chanhassen residents would have an open enrollment option. Not sure if that is the case or if it has been addressed.

I do know that any public fields like Bandimere are shared with both Tonka and Chanhassen/Chaska Youth sport associations (football, soccer, baseball, lacrosse) because the city of Chan has Tonka school district students so they city wants to make sure they support that voting block.

Rob just wanted to make sure someone didn't take another moniker again to entice a different dispute.

Surely you could have come up with a better quote from a better person other than a convicted common criminal to try to sway me??

All criminals say their "not guilty" and "can't we get along" (of course on their own terms) :lol: :lol:

Oh wait a second maybe you're on to something with that reference?
:lol: