1a seniors

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

01state

1a seniors

Post by 01state »

who do you think are the best seniors in 1a?
aspartame

Post by aspartame »

Corey Leivermann is a good player and will have carry west on his back if they want to win.

58 points last year...should expect some big numbers from him.
gabT

Post by gabT »

Leivermann if a good player. He will not have to carry west on his back. There is a very good cast of returning players and some new commers that will make up the west squad. However, that by no means is saying that west would be the same team without him. I still say that west wins the section.
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

Casey Woodside could be a top senior this year but the only thing he has a problem with is getting penalties in my opionion that is why albert lea lost there first game at state last year cause he got 2 penalties and both of them were capitalized on by warroad
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

ya darn it stank why did u have to spend 12 seconds in the penalty box against warroad! haha jk
davey

Re: 1a seniors

Post by davey »

01state wrote:who do you think are the best seniors in 1a?
Royce from AL is one of the better D. Needs to get rid of the baby blues though
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Travis Chadderdon... Waseca Blue Jays... He has got to be one of the most sure handed defense men that I have ever seen. No bad passes, smallish tho look for him to have a break out season.
greenline

Post by greenline »

Grant Pavek had 35 goals last year for Faribault, he plays on the same line as Jake Smuda who had 40+ points those two will carry the falcons
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

davey wrote:
01state wrote:who do you think are the best seniors in 1a?
Royce from AL is one of the better D. Needs to get rid of the baby blues though
u kiddin! haha those are his trade mark he is very solid at D no doubt
merritt29

Post by merritt29 »

how about kyle swatfager from austin
fubar-errr-what

Post by fubar-errr-what »

merritt29 wrote:how about kyle swatfager from austin
cut the crap kid...
gabT

Post by gabT »

merrit,
please quit talking up your team/teammates. I am asking politely, but come on it is getting ridiculous. Swatfagger is a fine player, but he is nowhere near the top senior. So I will ask again PLEASE STOP TALKING UP YOUR TEAM/TEAMMATES. :)
merritt29

Post by merritt29 »

gabT wrote:merrit,
please quit talking up your team/teammates. I am asking politely, but come on it is getting ridiculous. Swatfagger is a fine player, but he is nowhere near the top senior. So I will ask again PLEASE STOP TALKING UP YOUR TEAM/TEAMMATES. :)

hey if no one else will why not me i'm just having some fun, if u want me to get serious and tell u who is the best then i will...
Corey lieverman if thats how it is spelt
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Sean Stewart of New Ulm will be one of the better seniors this year.
I saw him play in the Mankato summer league and I have seen him before, and he is a guy that everyone (should) want on their team. Hard shot, strong, fast, accurate shot as well.

Of course you have the big name guys from mankato and what not they will be good ( or should be ) Im sure New Prague has a few.
pondhockey07

Post by pondhockey07 »

Stewart is now in 3A not 1A
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

pondhockey07 wrote:Stewart is now in 3A not 1A
He is still solid no doubt. These new sections have me all confused :?
chisel

Post by chisel »

Is this all the top seniors in section 1a? Can somebody list the top 10 forwards in order of points last year and don't forget +-? Same for top defensive players. I see Leiverman is putting up some points in elite 1.
Who are his line mates?(That always helps). Someone said Pavek is playing elite 2. C'mon 35 goals last year and he's not playing elite 1.
davey

Post by davey »

chisel wrote:Is this all the top seniors in section 1a? Can somebody list the top 10 forwards in order of points last year and don't forget +-? Same for top defensive players. I see Leiverman is putting up some points in elite 1.
Who are his line mates?(That always helps). Someone said Pavek is playing elite 2. C'mon 35 goals last year and he's not playing elite 1.
Here is what I came up from geocities hockey. Not sure if it is all inclusive, but it is pretty accurate. Here are the top nine in pts. Do not know +/-. Returning seniors

Corey Leivermann Mankato West 28-30-58
Ricky Litchfield Mankato West 22-34-56
Grant Pavek Faribault 35-14-49
Adam Royce Albert Lea 20-29-49
Ryan Anderson Mankato West 20-26-46
Derek Witt LaCrescent 20-26-46
Casey Woodside Albert Lea 20-21-41
Jake Smuda Faribault 16-25-41
Jared Bowman Albert Lea 27-10-37
chisel

1a seniors

Post by chisel »

Thanks Davey. Wow, Mankato West 3 seniors w/46 + points last year. They should be tough. Where are the newcomers to the section? Seems to me that Lourdes, New Praque, and Red Wing did well in section playoffs last year.
davey

Post by davey »

chisel wrote:Thanks Davey. Wow, Mankato West 3 seniors w/46 + points last year. They should be tough. Where are the newcomers to the section? Seems to me that Lourdes, New Praque, and Red Wing did well in section playoffs last year.
I believe each of those teams will be led by strong Junior classes.
Lourdes is led by Funk, Voigt, Peterson and Spratte
NP has Lapic, Adams, Ambroz and some solid D
Don't know much about Red Wing, but I know Kesti is a pretty good Senior and Schammel is a good Junior.
I think the key to this Section is who has a goalie that will step up.
davey

Post by davey »

Corey Leivermann Mankato West F
Derek Dokken Northfield D Alt

These two 1A seniors have been chosen out of the Elite League to the outstate team that is playing in this weekends NIKE BAUER NIT that is being held in New Hope this weekend. Should be some excellent hockey to watch. Congrats to both
the MILF man

Post by the MILF man »

Leivermann is probably the top senior in 1a coming into this years season. I went up to watch some Elite games, and that kid has got everything a coach could ask for out there.
davey

Post by davey »

the MILF man wrote:Leivermann is probably the top senior in 1a coming into this years season. I went up to watch some Elite games, and that kid has got everything a coach could ask for out there.
nice little write up about Leivermann at www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com as one of the uncommitted kids who helped themselves the most by their showing in the Elite League this fall
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

fubar-errr-what wrote:
merritt29 wrote:how about kyle swatfager from austin
cut the crap kid...
I think that Swats is a very good player but not the top he makes his whole line better like you merritt you or dooley even when swats had the seperated shoulder he was the only one to go in the corners and fight for the puck cameron dooley and josh merritt avoided hits like i never seen and camped out at center ice wiating for swats and the d men to clear it out so they could have a chance to score