Eden Prairie

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

runninman

Eden Prairie

Post by runninman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:37 pm

I would like to know from an EP insider how this team looks this year. How will they do in the Lake and who are some of the players that will make an impact?

breakout

Post by breakout » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:02 pm

Not an insider, but I do know they will have 3 D that played in the Elite League this past fall. Leddy is one of them and is a future Gopher. Rush played in his second year of the Elite League and is only a Junior. Rush was drafted in the recent USHL Futures Draft. Thompson is a big, strong 10th grader that was a reserve in the Elite League. He was drafted in the Futures draft as well.

I saw Soderberg's name in the football section of the Strib. That tells me he didn't graduate. He is a very good player at the D position.

Their overall D presence could be one of the tops in the state.

Not sure about their goalie situation or forwards. They will miss Vanek. But, he is doing well for Buffalo and did sign that big deal :shock:

hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:32 pm

How many of the EP hockey kids are on the football team and will most likely miss the season opener this year due to the football state championship?

I believe there was about 5 last year.

puckinawsum

Post by puckinawsum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Meyer, McQuillan, and Mulvehill look to be the top forwards line, their goalie is Stypula. They only have Soderberg on the football team I believe. It’s Varnek, not Vanek. From the way my buddy (his kid was on the team last year) talked about them they should be solid in the D zone but might struggle offensively.

breakout

Post by breakout » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:47 pm

puckinawsum wrote:Meyer, McQuillan, and Mulvehill look to be the top forwards line, their goalie is Stypula. They only have Soderberg on the football team I believe. It’s Varnek, not Vanek. From the way my buddy (his kid was on the team last year) talked about them they should be solid in the D zone but might struggle offensively.

It's Vanek...........he's playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Neutron will back me up on that :?

puckinawsum

Post by puckinawsum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 pm

His name is Dan Varnek and he is playing at UNH this year, great player but not NHL caliber. Thomas Vanek does play for Buffalo and did play for the Gophers but he definitely did not play at Ep last year.

runninman

Post by runninman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:18 pm

Once and for all, it's Vranek. VRANEK

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:28 pm

breakout wrote:
puckinawsum wrote:Meyer, McQuillan, and Mulvehill look to be the top forwards line, their goalie is Stypula. They only have Soderberg on the football team I believe. It’s Varnek, not Vanek. From the way my buddy (his kid was on the team last year) talked about them they should be solid in the D zone but might struggle offensively.

It's Vanek...........he's playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Neutron will back me up on that :?
Hey Breakout, what kind of horsepower have you got on that trolling motor of yours? :lol:

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:51 pm

breakout wrote: It's Vanek...........he's playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Neutron will back me up on that :?
If I knew what you were fishing for, I might throw you some bait. :-k

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 am

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote: It's Vanek...........he's playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Neutron will back me up on that :?
If I knew what you were fishing for, I might throw you some bait. :-k
I was just playing around people :roll:

hiptzech

Post by hiptzech » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:55 am

suntzu wrote:
breakout wrote:

Hey Breakout, what kind of horsepower have you got on that trolling motor of yours? :lol:
Well then, what ever happened to Vanbiesbrouck. I found this on Wikipedia. All of the high schoolers confuse me.

John Vanbiesbrouck was unclaimed in the Midget Draft as a 15 year old, so his father drove him to Duluth Minnesota, to try out with the Greyhounds of Duluth Minnesota. Vanbiesbrouck didn’t make the team, and for three years he was the number one goalie Eden Prairie, MN. By the time he was eligible for the NHL Entry Draft, there was no doubt that he would be selected. The Rangers chose him 72nd overall, and just a few months later he made his professional debut with the Blueshirts as an emergency call-up.

bardown444

Post by bardown444 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:37 am

want an insiders opinion here it is. I myself was conserned about what the varsity team would be able to do this year with offense but knew we would have some of the best defense in the state. But the way that our sophmores are stepping up we might have a new buddish garderr and everson line coming through and some juniors like mulvihill and Q that will be a big part of the offense along with some solid goaltending from stapula and loyd. And by the way it is vranek! not vanek

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:04 am

Apparently some people are slow when it comes to recognizing sarcasm. :oops:

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 pm

bardown444 wrote:And by the way it is vranek! not vanek

No kiddin :shock:

As for the line you referenced, Edina could go out with the Budish line as their 2nd line. First line could be Lee, Casey Gaarder and Leer with Gleason and whoever else on D. How does EPs 2nd line stack up to the Budish line?

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:42 pm

breakout wrote: How does EPs 2nd line stack up to the Budish line?
Same as everyone elses second line.

stitches

Post by stitches » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm

But the way that our sophmores are stepping up we might have a new buddish garderr and everson line coming through and some juniors like mulvihill and Q that will be a big part of the offense along with some solid goaltending from stapula and loyd. And by the way it is vranek! not vanek[/quote]

You are comparing Mulvehill with Buddish???? What color is the sky in your world? It is so nice when the parents of a kid get involved online.

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:20 pm

bardown444 wrote:want an insiders opinion here it is. I myself was conserned about what the varsity team would be able to do this year with offense but knew we would have some of the best defense in the state. But the way that our sophmores are stepping up we might have a new buddish garderr and everson line coming through and some juniors like mulvihill and Q that will be a big part of the offense along with some solid goaltending from stapula and loyd. And by the way it is vranek! not vanek

The sophomores played in a split scrimmage according to a post I read. This weekend is a big scrimmage for a lot of teams. See how they play against premier teams. That will give you a basis to judge.

Also, it's rare when sophomores contribute. They may have been good at Bantams. High School hockey is a different bird. However, there are exceptions and you may be right.............time will tell.

BlueLiner

EP

Post by BlueLiner » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:12 am

Has the final list been posted as of yet? What seniors have survived? What sophomores have made the cut?