2007-2008 WBL Bears

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

FollowThePuck

Jake Hansen

Post by FollowThePuck »

Thanks White Bear Lake for all of the players and Coaches (Hartzell was a White Bear resident, not a coach for WBL, I know) here in Sioux Falls! Zach was pretty darn good last year and Jake looks like he'll be a stud this year. Hartzell's kid Eric looks like he'll be playing a lot this year in goal for the Stampede as well. White Bear must have a terrific system to be able to keep producing players like that, ship them out before their senior year, and still be competitive with what they have left. Imagine how good they would be if they had Hansen and Johnson.

FYI ... I lived in the Twin Cities for 10 years. Brian Bonin was one of my more favorite players to watch in those 10 years.

If you get a chance, follow the Stampede. They are primed to have another championship year. We've got Jack Connolly from Duluth Marshall on the team too as well as Gabe Guentzel and, I almost forgot, David Grun from WBL! Grun made the goal of the year in Sioux Falls last year. As he was driving to the net, he was getting beat down by two players from the other team. He exploded by them the goalie waited for a shot, Grun went around the net and scored a wraparound. It was awesome. I forgot he was coming back this year. I expect big things from him as well.

Just in case you want to sneak a peak .... http://www.sfstampede.com/
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

what do you think the lines will be?
SEC Scotty

Re: Jake Hansen

Post by SEC Scotty »

FollowThePuck wrote:Thanks White Bear Lake for all of the players and Coaches (Hartzell was a White Bear resident, not a coach for WBL, I know) here in Sioux Falls! Zach was pretty darn good last year and Jake looks like he'll be a stud this year. Hartzell's kid Eric looks like he'll be playing a lot this year in goal for the Stampede as well. White Bear must have a terrific system to be able to keep producing players like that, ship them out before their senior year, and still be competitive with what they have left. Imagine how good they would be if they had Hansen and Johnson.

FYI ... I lived in the Twin Cities for 10 years. Brian Bonin was one of my more favorite players to watch in those 10 years.

If you get a chance, follow the Stampede. They are primed to have another championship year. We've got Jack Connolly from Duluth Marshall on the team too as well as Gabe Guentzel and, I almost forgot, David Grun from WBL! Grun made the goal of the year in Sioux Falls last year. As he was driving to the net, he was getting beat down by two players from the other team. He exploded by them the goalie waited for a shot, Grun went around the net and scored a wraparound. It was awesome. I forgot he was coming back this year. I expect big things from him as well.

Just in case you want to sneak a peak .... http://www.sfstampede.com/
Jake Hansen off to a good start. 2 goals 3 assists in 3 games.
wbhockey2

Post by wbhockey2 »

finally you get it sachisi
mnhockey2431

Re: Money

Post by mnhockey2431 »

The Bears have always produced a good team because of there association and there coaching growing up. The reason WBl has been good throughout the years is because the whole community supports them and thrives on producing the best hockey players they can. If every community was more like this one every hockey team would be a white Bear, Roseau, or Grand Rapids.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

wbhockey2 wrote:finally you get it sachisi
our country would be dumber than a box of rocks.
Jans22

Post by Jans22 »

how are the Bears going to fair against the Pioneers this year? anything unlike the past few years?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

WBL Varsity from MSHSL website.

http://mshsl.org/mshsl/schoolactpage.as ... actnum=410

Anybody know anything about the Sr. Lennartson? Transfer?
chillout

Post by chillout »

The older Lennartson has always been a White Bear kid.

He didn't play last year and played Junior Gold "A" the year before as a sophomore. Has a little brother that plays on the J.V. team.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

chillout wrote:The older Lennartson has always been a White Bear kid.

He didn't play last year and played Junior Gold "A" the year before as a sophomore. Has a little brother that plays on the J.V. team.
Thanks for the info Chillout. Other than Wolter any sophomores that will contribute. Wasn't Pasma a pretty good Bantam player?
chillout

Post by chillout »

Pasma was captain of the A Bantam team last year I believe...as well as Gjerde. Gjerde is big and strong, but not quite as fast. Pasma has a great shot and is pretty quick. But tough to say if they will do much or not.
XFactor

Post by XFactor »

Owen is healthy I don't know about Taylor Johnson though. The bantams on varsity are: Ryan Wolter, Matt Pasma, Casey Gjerde
chillout

Post by chillout »

Taylor Johnson is long gone....plays for Green Bay of the USHL.