2AA - 2007-08 Preview

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown

2AA - 2007-08 Preview

Post by O-townClown »

Please provide thoughts on how you'd rank the following:

Holy Angels
Bloomington Jefferson
Bloomington Kennedy
Burnsville
Chaska
Edina
Prior Lake
Shakopee

My attempt -
1) Edina
2) Holy Angels
3) Burnsville
4) Chaska
5) Jefferson
6) Kennedy
7) Shakopee
8) Prior Lake
flatontheice

Re: 2AA - 2007-08 Preview

Post by flatontheice »

[quote="O-townClown"]Please provide thoughts on how you'd rank the following:

Holy Angels
Bloomington Jefferson
Bloomington Kennedy
Burnsville
Chaska
Edina
Prior Lake
Shakopee

Edina
Burnsville
Holy Angels
Jefferson
Prior Lake
Kennedy
Chaska
Shakopee
G-Nos616

Post by G-Nos616 »

1.Edina
2.Burnsville
3.Holy Angels
4. Jefferson
5-6.Chaska
5-6.Shakopee
7.Kennedy
8.Prior lake
Zamman

Homer time

Post by Zamman »

AHA - My team!
Burnsville
Jefferson
Edina
Shakopee
Chaska
Kennedy
Prior Lake
Neutron 14

Re: Homer time

Post by Neutron 14 »

Zamman wrote:AHA - My team!
Burnsville
Jefferson
Edina
Shakopee
Chaska
Kennedy
Prior Lake
Sniffin too many fumes Zamman my friend. :lol:
Olyguy

Re: Homer time

Post by Olyguy »

Zamman wrote:AHA - My team!
Burnsville
Jefferson
Edina
Shakopee
Chaska
Kennedy
Prior Lake
Zamman- Did you guys fill the manager job there. Who if not you is the new rink manager
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Nope, I did not even make the final cut of 7, neither did my co-worker or the assistant manager of 37 years!!!!
I know that we were down to a final 3 last week, but as of Tuesday, the last day I worked, there was no final choice. Maybe I will find out today when I work.

As far as sniffen the fumes, no I always pick my team as anybody who is loyal would do. How many people think the Vikings are a team let alone a contendor?HAHAHAHA

I have watched most of these teams the last couple of years and have seen weaknesses. I know that AHA is a little upset over the final outcome and will do what they can to move on. I know Edina is tough, but the best does not always win.... Jefferson and Burnsville will also be tough, but I know that AHA will be strong also. Lets just say that that section is pretty tough now.

Only time will tell.
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

i hope that holy angels are the best again this year cause i love to watch them lose.
blueblood

2AA

Post by blueblood »

Zamman - we all know you love the Stars, but c'mon, Edina #4 in this section?

They have played against Burnsville since they were squirts.

They won the Peewee A state championship when the JR class was in 7th grade

They won the Bantam A championhsip when the Jr class was in 8th grade (w/o Anders Lee)

They were the runner-up in Bantam A when the Jr class was in 9th grade

They make state with the super sophs.

They will own your goalie Michael Webb in your planned section semi-final and return to state and be the #2 seed to Roseau.

My predictions:

1) Edina
2) Burnsville
3) Holy Angels
4) Jefferson
5) Chaska
6) Shako
7) Prior Lake
8) Kennedy
tomASS

Re: 2AA

Post by tomASS »

blueblood wrote:Zamman - we all know you love the Stars, but c'mon, Edina #4 in this section?

They won the Bantam A championhsip when the Jr class was in 8th grade (w/o Anders Lee)

They will own your goalie Michael Webb in your planned section semi-final and return to state and be the #2 seed to Roseau.

My predictions:

1) Edina
2) Burnsville
3) Holy Angels
4) Jefferson
5) Chaska
6) Shako
7) Prior Lake
8) Kennedy
You're all being very generous with Chaska - thank you
fighting all who rob or plunder
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

sham man , please just say aha is the best and keep the curse alive
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I never said that Edina was number four. You mis-read my post. Maybe that is the way the teams will end up. I would guess that Edina will be the number one seed losing to number four, AHA. I do not think that they should be number four, but the politics say it.

As far as me saying they are the best, yes in my eyes they are. Besides, it really does not matter how you played as a youth team. Many state champions in the youth leagues do not win at the state level. Another point, AHA went to state I believe 3 of the last four times not as the number one seed. Seems to me they beat the number one seed twice including one of the years they won it.

And kickinwing, why must you show your immaturity with the name calling. Time to grow up..... and be respectful
hockeyrocks

Re: 2AA

Post by hockeyrocks »

blueblood wrote:Zamman - we all know you love the Stars, but c'mon, Edina #4 in this section?

My predictions:

1) Edina
2) Burnsville
3) Holy Angels
4) Jefferson
5) Chaska
6) Shako
7) Prior Lake
8) Kennedy
BlueBlood, I couldn't agree more. With the addition of Anders Lee, it is Edina's to lose. Kinda to bad though as Burnsville and Holy Angels are both going to be better than half the other teams that make it to State.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Here's what I see...

#1 - Holy Angels - That's a number one seed, but they don't get past Shakopee...

#2 - Bloomington Kennedy - They don't have much of a team, but they surprise everyone this year posting 20 wins...

#3 - Chaska - They have a fantastic year on the way to losing half their kids to the new high school...

#4 - Edina - They will start strong but choke the last 2 months as most of the team starts hitting the golf courses as the snow melts as opposed to practicing...

#5 - Bloomington Jefferson - The ghost of Saterdalen wills this team to a .500 season...

#6 - Burnsville - Burnsville holds a record 3 teams to under 50 shots a game.

#7 - Prior Lake - No one is really sure where Prior Lake is, but we do know they don't do well in sections...

#8 - Shakopee - Its their year to upset Holy Angels in sections, and they are going to throw a bunch of games to assure themselves of getting AHA in the first round of sections...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:Here's what I see...

#1 - Holy Angels - That's a number one seed, but they don't get past Shakopee...

#2 - Bloomington Kennedy - They don't have much of a team, but they surprise everyone this year posting 20 wins...

#3 - Chaska - They have a fantastic year on the way to losing half their kids to the new high school...

#4 - Edina - They will start strong but choke the last 2 months as most of the team starts hitting the golf courses as the snow melts as opposed to practicing...

#5 - Bloomington Jefferson - The ghost of Saterdalen wills this team to a .500 season...

#7 - Prior Lake - No one is really sure where Prior Lake is, but we do know they don't do well in sections...

#8 - Shakopee - Its their year to upset Holy Angels in sections, and they are going to throw a bunch of games to assure themselves of getting AHA in the first round of sections...
Skipped the meds again Sparlimb? Nurse Ratchet won't be pleased...
hock9476

Post by hock9476 »

Neutron 14 wrote:

#7 - This will be a battle in 2AA. - No one is really sure where Prior Lake is, but we do know they don't do well in sections...

Edina- favorite

Holy Angels will be in the mix with edina

Blaze- will have a team that can competes

Chaska will be a young team

Jefferson- Will be a young team that might be 500

Shakopee- Not really sure what to expect out of this program
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Kennedy's coaching has let them down including Mr. Kennedy himself. They have had 2 teams in the past 5 years capable of doing something and they have underachieved... No way does Kennedy win 50% of their games this year. Even if htey played an 'A' schedule they might not hit .500...
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Saw Edina play and they have a very dynamic and exciting team. I haven't seen HA scrimmage so until then I will put Edina as #1
fighting all who rob or plunder