Best players since 2000

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RBKhockey77

Post by RBKhockey77 »

you guys are all leaving out Alex Kangas. You know, number 33 for the Minnesota Gophers? stopped 92 of 97 shots in the 2004-2005 state tournament?
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

Alex Kangas

Austin Lee

...haha oops didnt read page 3 before i posted, but yes Kangas definately a top performer great high school career and great first season in the USHL with the Sioux Falls Stampede, now hes with the Gophs!
RFFalcon22

Post by RFFalcon22 »

I'd have to say Mike Lundin was one of the best D-men since 2000...a lot of people forget about him because he played out east at Maine, but he was amazing in High School! He is now playing regular shifts for Tampa Bay.
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

Niskanen isn't getting too much attention on this post and i want to know why?

3 years from graduating HS and a regular in the NHL. granted i believe Oshie and Lee could have probably done the same but come on give the ranger some props
believe in the hockey gods...
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

carpenterguy wrote:High school results only

G Brady Hjelle
G Alex Stalock
D Brian Lee
D RJ Anderson
D Matt Niskanen
D Ryan McDonagh
D Aaron Ness
D Brian Connelly
F Tom Gorowsky
F Patrick White
F Nico Sacchetti
F TJ Oshie
F Blake Wheeler
F Ben Gordon
F Taylor Matson
F Jay Barribal
F Gino Guyer
Get rid of Hjelle and put Kangas in his place, then I'd agree with you
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

fivehole628 wrote:

G Brady Hjelle
G Alex Stalock
D Brian Lee
D RJ Anderson
D Matt Niskanen
D Ryan McDonagh
D Aaron Ness
D Brian Connelly
F Tom Gorowsky
F Patrick White
F Nico Sacchetti
F TJ Oshie
F Blake Wheeler
F Ben Gordon
F Taylor Matson
F Jay Barribal
F Gino Guyer
Get rid of Hjelle and put Kangas in his place, then I'd agree with you
You missed Stejskal from GR. Easily one of the best since 2000
d man 16

Post by d man 16 »

Lordosis wrote:All the guys mentioned so far are phenomenal hockey players.....With the exception of Martin and Ballard, I would say Bochenski is at the top of the list.

how can you say that they arent phenomenal hockey players.. they both were very good at the gophers and are now doing well in the NHL. thats pretty damn good if u ask me
Winter16

Porter

Post by Winter16 »

Dylan Porter the kid gives it his all every shift and doesn't let anyone stop him he was just recently put in the hospital after his Elite 1 game and will be back right before the 07-08 season kicks off come down to rosemount and watch him you will be surprised. Atleast he's consistent.
chillout

Post by chillout »

Not trying to be mean Winter, but do you ever talk about teams or players that don't have to do with Rosemount? You know its ok to give your insight on other teams and not just talk about Rosemount the whole time.

People on this board can start to notice a person nonstop talking about one team and get annoyed by the fact they bring the team and its players up on almost all of the threads they post on, regardless of if the thread is started about another team, player, etc.

But that's just me...
Winter16

Post by Winter16 »

chillout wrote:Not trying to be mean Winter, but do you ever talk about teams or players that don't have to do with Rosemount? You know its ok to give your insight on other teams and not just talk about Rosemount the whole time.

People on this board can start to notice a person nonstop talking about one team and get annoyed by the fact they bring the team and its players up on almost all of the threads they post on, regardless of if the thread is started about another team, player, etc.

But that's just me...
Well that is my opinion I can name more people like Barnes, Maloney, Hendrickson but if you watched this kid you could see why I'm saying him he never gives up!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Gino Guyer one of the best High Schoolers ever!
Saintpaulhockey1

Post by Saintpaulhockey1 »

Johnson Cloquet
Martin Elk River
Guyer Greenway
Bochenski/Hendricks Blaine

Old school......
slapshot89

Post by slapshot89 »

Jared Festler
TJ Oshie
sotahockey13

Re: post 8408

Post by sotahockey13 »

newsguy35 wrote:
boblee wrote:Gino Guyer and Andy Sertich-Greenway
Gino didnt do that much in college and we will see if Sertich can make a name for himself at the next level... I agree that Gino was an all world forward and really the only reason Gway went to state...
are you slow in the head how can you say gino didn't do much in college
Jbone

Post by Jbone »

Really a shame we can't see any more of Jordan Schroeder from STA. The kid really had it all in one package as an 8th and 9th grader.
Guys like Shroeder and Oshie are what make Minnesota high school hockey such a joy!
newsguy35

Re: post 8408

Post by newsguy35 »

sotahockey13 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:
boblee wrote:Gino Guyer and Andy Sertich-Greenway
Gino didnt do that much in college and we will see if Sertich can make a name for himself at the next level... I agree that Gino was an all world forward and really the only reason Gway went to state...
are you slow in the head how can you say gino didn't do much in college
Here are his stats. Not that great when you consider the hype he had during HS as well as what most other standouts were at the U....

Guyer:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=65884

Brian Bonin:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/da ... 00470.html

Ryan Potulny:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=67656

Here is the entire team in 04-05:
http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle ... LID=271555

He was a distant 4th on the team that year and never led the team in points throughout his career. He was awesome in HS, dont get me wrong but to say he was great in college is a bit off...

EDIT:
I also left off Johnny Pohl, Troy Riddle, Thomas Vanek and some others... Feel free to look at their teams throughout the early 2000's.
chuck69

Post by chuck69 »

adam estoclet from benilde
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Matt Niskanen
Alex Goligoski
Patrick White
Cade Fairchild
Nico Sachetti
Tyler Johnson
Reid Ellingson
Joe Stejskal
Mitch Ryan
the dangler

Post by the dangler »

all good players but you are missing the leading single season goal scorer Jared Festler

G Brady Hjelle
G Alex Stalock
D Brian Lee
D RJ Anderson
D Matt Niskanen
D Ryan McDonagh
D Aaron Ness
D Brian Connelly
F Tom Gorowsky
F Patrick White
F Nico Sacchetti
F TJ Oshie
F Blake Wheeler
F Ben Gordon
F Taylor Matson
F Jay Barribal
F Gino Guyer
DANGLER
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Josh Levine

Does anybody remember him? My goodness. Most underrated player in the state last year, in my opinion. He played all four years at varsity level, his freshman year at Benilde and his last three at Jefferson. As a freshman he racked up 12 points, 40 points as a sophomore, 50 some as a junior, and 50 some as a senior on a losing team. He is the fourth all time leading career pointman in Jefferson history and they have some pretty rich history. Oh, he also got a full ride to Princeton University. So, he is smart too.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

I'll be the guy to throw Aaron Ness into the discussion, even though he's only played his freshmen and sophomore seasons.

Best HS player has to be Paul Martin. I think that would be unanimous if ER would have made it to state like they should have his sr. year so everyone could have watched him on that stage..... Oshie in a close 2nd.
Jbone

Post by Jbone »

I would agree with you espnmobile.

Levine has always been a powerfull player and it actually made me a little sad he didn't have a very good cast around him when he got older. He's always been skilled and FAST!
hockeyman16

Post by hockeyman16 »

Jay Barribal
Keith Ballard
hockeyman16

Post by hockeyman16 »

Aaron Ness