Most Memorable Goal

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sid_the_kid

Post by sid_the_kid » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:39 am

Since95 wrote:Well, 2 of mine come from the same game. Chris Locker's tying goal late in the 3rd period in the 5 OT classic between Duluth East and Apple Valley was a great goal. I have watched that game many times and Spehar puts it right on the tape in front for him in the slot to fire in. Goehring misses the puck with his toe by what seems like inches, had he saved it, we would never have seen 5 Overtimes of great hockey.

Aaron Dwyer's game winning goal is huge too because it ends the game and maybe more importantly shows Minnesota that East would not repeat. Sikich I think backhands it back to him and he just lets it go and it goes right over Kolquist's right shoulder, ending arguably the best high school hockey game ever played in Minnesota.

Spehar's penalty shot goal the previous year was also a big goal. It helps him and the Greyhounds take first and leave the Spuds with second. I don't know if it was the only penalty shot ever in tournament history, maybe someone knows, I don't think it was though.

That's what I have off the top of my head, I know I've seen more. I'll post again if I think of them.
ah man thats my favorite game by far and i totally agree. spehar was one of my favorite players to watch too

sid 8)

MNHockeyFan1

Post by MNHockeyFan1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Mike Erickson's goal to go to state was sweet. For CEC

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 am

DubCHAGuy wrote:
murraychadwick wrote:I can't remember exactly, but the Hastings comeback over Blaine at the Target Center. The Welch and Taffe squad over Bochenski etc as juniors. I believe it was the semi finals. Help with details please!

Crazy game. I think it set some kind of record for the 2 teams combining for 3 goals in something like 30 seconds. After Hastings tied it up with their goalie pulled with under a minute left, Welch got a loose puck at the blue line and skated in on a breakaway (with one glove on) and put it over the goalies glove with 0.2 seconds left to win.
That goalie for Blaine was Former gopher goalie Justin Johnson, Blaine goes on to win Consolation Championship, great comeback by hastings.

mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:07 pm

Power92 that was def a goal i know exactly what ur talking about.

The spehar penalty shot was a huge goal not only the cuz of the time and the game it was in it was to complete his 3rd hat trick of the tourney also making it memorable

theedomcarsi10

Jake Bauer 2004 section first ROUND

Post by theedomcarsi10 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:40 am

Jake Bauer stud of the CP rebels that year vs Osseo first round scored the first two goals including a game tier with 15 seconds to go.... then in OT a snipe from the blue line to win it... WE WENT CRAZY!!!!!! this kid was a highschool hockey hero and he was all state material but bailed for juniors his junior year

GO REBS

hockeyrocks

Post by hockeyrocks » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 am

buddah wrote:Marty Nannes game winner.
That was a great goal by the "Five Head". It was great that his Dad was calling it on TV. They play that loop up at the US HHOF in Eveleth.

It's hard to beat the Spehar spectecale though.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:35 am

boblee can probably find some info on this.
John DeCenzo scored an unbelievable shorthanded goal from his knees in the 1980 state tournament. Either against Jefferson or Hill. He actually dangled through a defender while he was down. You would have to see it.

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:55 am

mrhockey08 wrote:Power92 that was def a goal i know exactly what ur talking about.

The spehar penalty shot was a huge goal not only the cuz of the time and the game it was in it was to complete his 3rd hat trick of the tourney also making it memorable
Not to nitpick, but Spehar's penalty shot was actually his second goal of that game. He completed the trick a couple of minutes later to make the score 5-3. There was some electricity in the building during the penalty shot that night...

PuckTime

Re: thanks

Post by PuckTime » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 am

Frequent_MN_Flyer wrote:
Steve wrote:Frequent_MN_Flyer Wikstrom goal against Greenway is one of the greatest goals I have seen, great choice. Actually every one of your choices are great.
Steve:

You are right, I will never forget that game, that goal, that night. I've never seen an eruption from the rapids faithful that can top that one. That one goal may have been the turning point for the program.
You should have been (and maybe you were) at the GR game against Cloquet Tuesday night when Rapids tied it with one second left. That, was quite an eruption also.

realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 am

marvin from oshie in championship vs. TG 05'

puckman22

Post by puckman22 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:11 pm

um, ill have to say 2008 Mr. Hockey's game winning hat trick in the 2007 minnesota high school leauge championships. The score is 2-2 in overtime and Dano Jaques rifles a shot from just below the blue line. Priceless. Get some STA

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 pm

puckman22 wrote:um, ill have to say game winning hat trick in the 2007 minnesota high school JV final. The score is 2-2 in overtime and Dano Jaques rifles a butterfly from just below the blue line. Priceless. Get some STA

:lol:

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:47 pm

Wow - suprised Bader that you are in agreement with puckman's STA analysis with your constant bashing of private school teams. I guess a leopard can change its spots.

AY 8)

mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm

suntzu wrote:
mrhockey08 wrote:Power92 that was def a goal i know exactly what ur talking about.

Not to nitpick, but Spehar's penalty shot was actually his second goal of that game. He completed the trick a couple of minutes later to make the score 5-3. There was some electricity in the building during the penalty shot that night...
Was it really? My mistake

Fargo

Post by Fargo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:50 pm

Jim Pedersons goal in Roseau against Grand Rapids past Jon Casey for a 1-0 win. Grand Rapids only loss that year.