Sauk Rapids

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sauk Rapids

Post by 319 »

What is going on with Sauk Rapids? I have heard rumors they cut lots of seniors and kept freshmen. Can anyone confirm?
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Link to complete roster according to the MSHSL.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showroster.a ... school=416
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

According to that roster...every single junior that played some varsity last year made the club again this year.

Maybe last years juniors on JV just could not cut the mustard and Weston went for a rebuilding year.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
Let-the-KIDS-play

Post by Let-the-KIDS-play »

319 are you one of these seniors?
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

319, what you really mean is that they moved – up (Bantams) early and cut the seniors to be on Varsity.
All that tells us is that they are better? :-k
blucru11

Post by blucru11 »

there is nothing wrong with cutting seniors that can't play or aren't as good as the underclassman. for instance roseau last year cut 3 or 4 seniors one a goalie who ended up going to rival warroad, starting for the warriors and bringing them to the state tourny.

Post by 319 »

I guess I feel that the seniors should be given a shot. These kids have worked for 15 years to play varsity hockey. The freshmen have a development team. Bantam A. I doubt the freshmen were "better". I am guessing the coach just made the decision to toss this year in favor of future wins. (IMO)
puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

sorry 319. didnt mean for the pm, but will try it again, when did they start palying Bantam A there i dont think some of these kids have even seen the A level, do they honestly think in 3/4 years they will be in the hunt for anything, this is a great way to put the final knife in a program not going anywhere, thats just plain NUTS
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

I don’t think Sauk Rapids has had a Bantam A or Pee Wee A team in Five (5) years?

So that is early move up of Bantam B kids to replace the Seniors. Ouch!? How did these (B) teams do in Districts playing with talent of A caliber players on it?
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Stealth wrote:I don’t think Sauk Rapids has had a Bantam A or Pee Wee A team in Five (5) years?

So that is early move up of Bantam B kids to replace the Seniors. Ouch!? How did these (B) teams do in Districts playing with talent of A caliber players on it?
I heard from a SR parent that SR had enough numbers to field a Bantam A team this year and had plans to do so, but losing the top 5-6 kind of puts a dent in that. They currently have a B1 and B2 bantam team.

Stealth, check you inbox.
Let-the-KIDS-play

Post by Let-the-KIDS-play »

I heard the parents choose and vote on the level of play there??????Dont the high school coaches help out with that? Just a couple of years ago they had A teams and did pretty good in their district.Isnt there a couple of kids on the SCSU team.
casualfan

SR former status

Post by casualfan »

Ryan Peckscamp 4th line SCSU-brother Travis in NAHL, Kyle Henkemeyer and Jeremy Streit SJU and yes they were pretty competitive