Biggest Cry Baby!

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Biggest Cry Baby!

Post by elliott70 »

Probably does not belong here, but anyone read Wally Shaver's article in Let's Play Hockey?

Wow, give me my ball I am going home, game is over!

:oops:
He is embarrassing all us old men.

On behalf of old men everywhere, I apologize, for what the big cry baby worte.
O-townClown

this one

Post by O-townClown »

"Standing Tall Between the Pipes"??

Must be a different article.
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Here's a tip for you: why don't you tell us what the hell you're talking about so we can form an opinion on the subject and respond with cogent, well-thought responses on the matter. It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

AY 8)
elliott70

Re: this one

Post by elliott70 »

O-townClown wrote:"Standing Tall Between the Pipes"??

Must be a different article.
They stole my ice article on page 17 of 11/21/07 of Lets Play Hockey.
jackstraw

wally

Post by jackstraw »

This is in referance to an article in last weeks LPH about Wally losing a PRIME ice time to a youth organization. I would have to agree 100% w/ Elliot and go on to say that LPH should never have printed such stupidity.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

AngusYoung wrote:Here's a tip for you: why don't you tell us what the hell you're talking about so we can form an opinion on the subject and respond with cogent, well-thought responses on the matter. It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

AY 8)
Probably does not belong here, but anyone read Wally Shaver's article in Let's Play Hockey?

Further clarification, see above.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

AngusYoung wrote:Here's a tip for you: why don't you tell us what the hell you're talking about so we can form an opinion on the subject and respond with cogent, well-thought responses on the matter. It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

AY 8)
Come on, give him a break, he's OLD..............hehe. Sorry Elliott, couldn't resist.

Is the atricle in the latest "Let's PLay Hockey" and a different artical then what is listed on the website?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

I don't beleive it's in the online version?? if so create a link.

AY geez what is this "Grumpy Old Men 4" ?
Throw a :lol: or two in there.
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

I don't believe there is a link for the entire LPH issues. I have the article scanned. I will be happy to email a copy to anyone who PMs me their email address.

I posted my opinion on this article on Elliot's thread on the youth board.
Wally Schafer

Wally's world

Post by Wally Schafer »

I feel sorry for him. I am sure our writer friend was in great pain while writing this. Or perhaps someone was dragging finger nails across the chalk board. Definitely he was uncomfortable...or failed to proof it in the morning.

I hope his math teacher doesn't read this : I think coaching all the way thru Mite, Squirts, Pee Wees and Bantams is more than 5 years. Is it odd that LPH allowed a article that in a sense is negative towards youth hockey, their own target market. Will a response from LPS follow?

I like the part " for those that disagree....whaaaaa" Between the pipes you find out he only lost the 8:00 pm hour. I would expect our hockey board to take any prime hour they are entitled to. I would be upset if I had to drive to coach in Stillwater at 9:45 pm, only to find we could have had the 8:00 in RedWing, and not drive.

Good for the associations that are looking out for their members.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

RLStars wrote:

AY 8)
Come on, give him a break, he's OLD..............hehe. Sorry Elliott, couldn't resist.

Is the atricle in the latest "Let's PLay Hockey" and a different artical then what is listed on the website?
Pickin' on me, I'll have to tell the JAX to pick it up a bit agianst Aphollow. :lol:
nickel slots

Post by nickel slots »

I'm sure it comes as a shock to most of you, but Wally has quite the reputation as a whiner on the rink, too. You can't expect a tiger to change it's stripes. Or a weasel.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's all small stuff.
bardown10

Hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bardown10 »

Russ Welch. Not only a rotten coach, can whine with the best of them.
Shaw Shank
Hockeyguy_27

Re: Hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

bardown10 wrote:Russ Welch. Not only a rotten coach, can whine with the best of them.
and he sounds like Kermit the Frog when he speaks. Someone call Jim Henson and get this guy a new job and a whiny hockey muppet.
gerryodrowski

Wally must go!

Post by gerryodrowski »

Can anyone take this fool seriously any longer? In the words of Bob Utecht, 'nuff said.
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

does sidney crosby count?(hhe played at shattuck)
Coach Bus

Post by Coach Bus »

im a bigger cry baby than him, so can i have a cookie?
Member of the STC Alliance since 2007.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I read the Wally Shaver article. He and his buddies did do a lot for their community. It just raises the question why did they do it? For the kids or for their own self serving interests? I guess now we know.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

State Champ 97 wrote:I read the Wally Shaver article. He and his buddies did do a lot for their community. It just raises the question why did they do it? For the kids or for their own self serving interests? I guess now we know.
I can drive over to Target and spend an hour in the store and find 6 or more that did as much or more. But not one asked for anything in return.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

elliott70 wrote:
State Champ 97 wrote:I read the Wally Shaver article. He and his buddies did do a lot for their community. It just raises the question why did they do it? For the kids or for their own self serving interests? I guess now we know.
I can drive over to Target and spend an hour in the store and find 6 or more that did as much or more. But not one asked for anything in return.
I don't doubt it. Which was my point.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

State Champ 97 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

It just p***es me off so bad.

The couple of times I met Mr. Shaver, I thought well, here is a decent guy.
Kind of a VIP that helps the kids/community.

But, I guess he was helping himself.
Makes me mad and alittle :cry:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

elliott70 wrote:
State Champ 97 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

It just p***es me off so bad.

The couple of times I met Mr. Shaver, I thought well, here is a decent guy.
Kind of a VIP that helps the kids/community.

But, I guess he was helping himself.
Makes me mad and alittle :cry:
Make your pedestals shorter and put them on casters like I do- falls will be shorter and you can easily move them out of the way when they suddenly become an annoyance - :wink:

I understand where your coming from. I hope he has the character to realize his methods were wrong and admit so, I think the ego will get in the way.
BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 »

SPREEWELL :lol:
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

BladeButter44 wrote:SPREEWELL :lol:
You totally missed the point of this topic...

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
BladeButter44 wrote:SPREEWELL :lol:
You totally missed the point of this topic...

:idea:

LOL!

just as spreewealth did back when he was having trouble putting food on the table :lol: