Rochester Century

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

aflac

Post by aflac »

Forlitti i heard was never around to do anything why would they hire him. I know that Haskins and Spaniol are the ones that scouted and did everything!
Mustang_Man080808

Post by Mustang_Man080808 »

hey rocket how did jm do last year and how they gonna be this year?? and whens the last time they won the big nine?
Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 »

Mustang_Man080808 wrote:hey rocket how did jm do last year and how they gonna be this year?? and whens the last time they won the big nine?
I wish I could tell you great things but I honestly don't know. They (along with Mayo) get no serious talent out of RYHA. Lecy got a lot out of his players last year. Most of the players that moved up from VFW are enrolled at Lourdes. Until RYHA changes I don't expect either JM or Mayo to seriously contend for the Big 9 or Section 1.

Last year JM finished a distant 2nd in the Big 9 with a record of 10-5-0 and an overall record of 13-14-0. The last time they won the Big 9 was 03-04 (12-1-2 and 21-4-2) when they were lead by Jake Hovick and Robbie Amundson.
hockeyfreak16

Post by hockeyfreak16 »

aflac wrote:Forlitti i heard was never around to do anything why would they hire him. I know that Haskins and Spaniol are the ones that scouted and did everything!
Are you serious aflac? Yes Spaniol and Haskins did scout but i wouldn't say they did everything. Forliti was and is a brilliant coach, he knows more about hockey and coaching kids than you can ever learn and he was a shoe-in for head coach.

Forliti is staying as an assitant coach because he cares about these kids so much. As for Lepler, Spaniol, and the two JV coaches... NONE of them got asked back to coach... even though they could all be called some of the best coaches in minnesota... something is wrong there!
Marty McSorely

JM

Post by Marty McSorely »

Rocket, what's RYHA doing wrong......They have a bunch of white collared white boys....not hockey players. What do you want 1 A team for every school. I was scouting some kids for a AAA upstart and Rochester doesn't have much for talent at the Bantam and Pee Wee levels. Number's don't equal talent. Word has it the Zmolek is working hard and introducing many good things but the talant to compete is not there.
aflac

Post by aflac »

It is save to say you have no clue about what went on at Lourdes! Spaniol was asked back and declined and as far as Forliti he was never around much and had no clue about what they did in that program. He would come to the rink 5 min before practice and leave 2 min after practice.

Know your facts before posting.. If Forliti would have gotten the job you would have seen alot of kids tranfering back to there old schools.

Your information must be coming from people that aren't around the program. Haskins and Spaniol spent more time with that program and those kids more than any other coach in this town.. Why do you think kids where coming to Lourdes wasn't because of Forliti!!
hockeyfreak16

Post by hockeyfreak16 »

aflac wrote:It is save to say you have no clue about what went on at Lourdes! Spaniol was asked back and declined and as far as Forliti he was never around much and had no clue about what they did in that program. He would come to the rink 5 min before practice and leave 2 min after practice.

Know your facts before posting.. If Forliti would have gotten the job you would have seen alot of kids tranfering back to there old schools.

Your information must be coming from people that aren't around the program. Haskins and Spaniol spent more time with that program and those kids more than any other coach in this town.. Why do you think kids where coming to Lourdes wasn't because of Forliti!!

Forliti did not spend as much time as Spaniol and Haskins... that is true... Forliti did not show up a half hour before practice because his job would not permit it... Haskins and Spaniol both would get advice from Forliti and consult him on all decisions...

Forliti has been with the program forever... spaniol and haskins devoted their whole lives to hockey... which is impracticial in every sense of the word... why do you think they left?!?!!

Oh and if Forliti would've gotten the job you would have seen a lot happier players because not one of them had a problem with forliti because he is a strong, intellegent coach and clearly the right pick for the head coaching job...

Forliti knew how to work with kids... instead of just telling them what to do during practice he would also tell them why...
SouthrenHockey44

Post by SouthrenHockey44 »

Spaniol, scout for MN express i belive now
aflac

Post by aflac »

Hockey Freak you must be a disgruntle ex player or a unhappy parent! Or related to Forliti

Spaniol is scouting for Waterloo USHL
hockeypux99

Post by hockeypux99 »

It sounds like being a scout for Waterloo would be a fun way to go watch a lot of HS hockey.
Last edited by hockeypux99 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty McSorely

Leppler

Post by Marty McSorely »

Leppler played for the Mustangs then St. Cloud State and some minor pro
crash

Post by crash »

Nick Fatis would be a great coach for one of the High Schools to grab but I doubt he would leave the Ice Hawks to coach high school hockey in Rochester.
hockeycoach66

Lourdes

Post by hockeycoach66 »

Lourdes hockey will be ruined shortly and even Schneider and Lampman seeking out players to go to Lourdes isn't going to help them. Be mindful, that program going to fizzle - they made a mistake by not offering the H/C job to Eric Means. (He must not have been able to buy his way in.) The players that are there now only went there for one thing, Bob Haskins. He's flat out the best high school hockey coach in town. Too bad we lost him.
hockeyknight

Lourdes Hockey

Post by hockeyknight »

Hockeyfreak16.....how do you know so much about what was done at Lourdes practices....were you watching everything or just hearsay??
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

aflac wrote:Hockey Freak you must be a disgruntle ex player or a unhappy parent! Or related to Forliti

Spaniol is scouting for Waterloo USHL
Thats fantastic! Forlti is a jerk. period.

RYHA has had talent problems in recent years. When I lived there that was a concern. They were trying to figure out how to complete with the cities teams. Example They win section and get killed in the first round Boys and Girls. I truly feel its the competion level and the teams they play. Also knowing the principles involved with RYHA there is plenty of denial going on.
hockeyknight

Post by hockeyknight »

Coachk, why the attitude?? It's easy to slam a coach, a program etc.....The adult thing to do is offer an alternative. How would you fix things?? But you obviously are unable to get past your personal feelings....very sad.
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

hockeyknight wrote:Coachk, why the attitude?? It's easy to slam a coach, a program etc.....The adult thing to do is offer an alternative. How would you fix things?? But you obviously are unable to get past your personal feelings....very sad.
I have no person feelings, I devoted 5 years to RYHA and worked with many great people there. RYHA needs to somehow be able to play more of the south metro teams instead of teams like Mankato. I haven't been around there in several years but grouping players by HS were causing much confusion and the political atmosphere was quite intense.
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

i thought they look ok against Edina. they came out very strong but it is hard for any team to keep up with them. not bad for there first game of the season. should be a quality team