Rankings as of Dec. 2nd

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Neutron 14 wrote:Here we go again?

Moorhead to the Cities is a wee bit more than two hours my friend. I'm not saying every week, but one trip a year seems reasonable. Friday and Saturday night.
you must be a NASCAR fan! It's a bit over two hundred miles........I hope you have a radar detector :D :D
HockeyFan1

Post by HockeyFan1 »

Moorhead to the Cities is a wee bit more than two hours my friend. I'm not saying every week, but one trip a year seems reasonable. Friday and Saturday night.
You said DE and Moorhead.....

Regardless, quite a bit further from Roseau than Moorhead!

Roseau rotates with a few city teams every other year, also hits St Cloud, Brainerd, Grand Rapids.......maybe if you wanted to fund some additional trips, they'd be open to more travel.
wishock

Post by wishock »

I agree, one weekend trip a year is reasonable. They are doing it every other now with TG and Blaine. Like they did with Johnson years ago. Can't use Moorhead on I-94 or DE on I-35 as an example of why Roseau should also do it. Those schools have half (or less) the driving time to the cities. May come as a surprise to city folk, but there is a lot of real estate in Minnesota north of the cities, and Roseau is on the furthest reach of it, unlike Moorhead or Duluth who to a northerner are almost suburbs.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

In the past teams from far north have had games 2 or 3 days apart in the cities. In that event would they head home between games, or have a few day vacation?
pistol

Post by pistol »

fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:...got to be in everybody's top 5.
How far have the Rams fallen? Last Year's State Champions, now, are begging to be included only as high as pistol's top five... are the Rams sinking like a stone?
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

HERE EVERYONE...so you all know how far Roseau is from ANYWHERE...and then moorhead
Roseau to Minneapolis (copy and paste below)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... panelbtn=2

Moorhead to Minneapolis (copy and paste below)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... mn&2z=&r=f

To me it seems like the drive is MUCH different and thats probably why moorhead can do it and Roseau can't..just my guess
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

To get back on topic this is LPH's top 20. I disagree totally. East, WB, and BSM are all better teams than Blaine and Centennial.

1 ROSEAU
2 Edina
3 Hill-Murray
4 Centennial
5 Burnsville
6 Eden Prairie
7 Blaine
8 Duluth East
9 Moorhead
10 Benilde-St. Marg.
11 White Bear Lake
12 Holy Angels
13 Minnetonka
14 Cretin-Derham Hall
15 Rosemount
16 Anoka
Roseville
18 Brainerd
19 Eastview
20 Stillwater
td577

Post by td577 »

SiouxRecruit wrote:HERE EVERYONE...so you all know how far Roseau is from ANYWHERE...and then moorhead
Roseau to Minneapolis (copy and paste below)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... panelbtn=2

Moorhead to Minneapolis (copy and paste below)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... mn&2z=&r=f

To me it seems like the drive is MUCH different and thats probably why moorhead can do it and Roseau can't..just my guess
You add 82 miles to save 27 minutes going to Drayton and using I-29 and I-94 vs. trip via Bagley and such. When I was a kid, the interstates were 55 MPH limits, so it would make absolutely no sense going the Drayton way, but I could see it being more attractive now to only have a little over one hour on a two lane highway to get to much faster and easier roadways to get to the cities.