who loses the most to private school transfers?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

thetender30 wrote:woodbury, whitebear, and moundsveiw..to Hill Murray
white bear to hill murray?

there is 2 from WB and sontagg has been going private since kindergarden and metcalf has too
Hill Time 07-08

Post by Hill Time 07-08 »

Cottage Grove in the last 5 years have lost 20 kids
Hill Time 07-08

Post by Hill Time 07-08 »

Park wouldn't be that bad of a team for all their losses in the last couple years

1st line - McClellan, Deflorin, Johnson
2nd line- Hill, McClellan, Hoke
3rd line - Pulanco, Holler, Jirele
4th line - Weyandt, Hoke, Fornier

Defense - Sova, Darwitz
Putney, Hausworth
Mierre, Sova

Goalie - Jirele
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

packerboy wrote:
carpenterguy wrote:
You're right in your statement that many people send their children to private schools because they feel it's the best place academically for their child. My point is simple and easily seen by people with their eyes WIDE OPEN!

Those of us that have been around for a few years realize that in the not to distant past Hill Murray was the only real power in hockey. Now there are MANY that are strong. Where were these teams not many years ago?
Benilde
Totino
Holy Angels
Duluth Marshall
Blake
Lourdes
Breck
St. Thomas Acd.
Cretin
Answer: Most years they were average at best.
Which proves what?

We could make a list of public schools that were average at best or didn't even exist 15 years ago that now have great sports teams.

We could also make a list of private and Catholic schools that are not very competitive and never were.

2/3s of the schools you list are in Class A.
I can't believe that out of 10,000 sperm, you were the quickest.
F14

Columbia Heights Fridley Brooklyn Center (Three-Headed Hydra

Post by F14 »

Since NONE of those three cities which have their own HIGH SCHOOLS (I think Heights is still graduating 300+ as is Fridley, I would assume those Three Schools are pumping their kids to Totino?

Someone chime in. I know Tri City merged with Brooklyn Park to form the lovely North Metro Youth Association which covers 6 high schools for Girls hockey at the HS level (including Osseo and a small private).

I have a hard time believing many kids are even playing at North Metro if you living on 37th and Central that drive up to 85th and Zane across the river isn't exactly close for a city program.