Junior Gold Player Motivation Poll

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

What motivates you to play Jr. Gold Hockey?

Keep playing the sport I love
35%
Able to play with my friends
15%
Improve and tryout for HS next year
15%
HS team not as fun as Jr. Gold
30%
More games and less practices in Jr. Gold
5%

Total votes: 20

Franny's Boy

Junior Gold Player Motivation Poll

Post by Franny's Boy »

I'd especially be intersted hearing from the seniors in the league.
p-pups10

Re: Junior Gold Player Motivation Poll

Post by p-pups10 »

I'm a senior and it's for sure a combination of a few these things. It's more fun than JV hockey.(which I played my sophmore year, and was my least favorite year of hockey.)More games and less practices, and I would never quit playing hockey.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

Im a senior goalie. Heres my reasoning. I Lettered varsity 9th, 10th and 11th grade at SSP and was the number two senior goalie this year. We had a freshman, who is now starting varsity, beat me out. I played junior gold because i wasn't going to throw 13 years of hockey out just because i got cut for my senior year, they needed a goalie desperately, and i wanted to prove to the varsity coach i was a bigger man and wasn't gonna quit because he was a douche
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

Rossbury21 wrote:Im a senior goalie. Heres my reasoning. I Lettered varsity 9th, 10th and 11th grade at SSP and was the number two senior goalie this year. We had a freshman, who is now starting varsity, beat me out. I played junior gold because i wasn't going to throw 13 years of hockey out just because i got cut for my senior year, they needed a goalie desperately, and i wanted to prove to the varsity coach i was a bigger man and wasn't gonna quit because he was a douche
is that freshman golie's name adam??
TheHeights

Post by TheHeights »

p-pups10 wrote:
Rossbury21 wrote:Im a senior goalie. Heres my reasoning. I Lettered varsity 9th, 10th and 11th grade at SSP and was the number two senior goalie this year. We had a freshman, who is now starting varsity, beat me out. I played junior gold because i wasn't going to throw 13 years of hockey out just because i got cut for my senior year, they needed a goalie desperately, and i wanted to prove to the varsity coach i was a bigger man and wasn't gonna quit because he was a douche
yea i think he'e talking about adam wilcox
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

TheHeights wrote:
p-pups10 wrote:
yea i think he'e talking about adam wilcox
Yes Adam Wilcox, he is pretty good, just like his cousin(alex stalock).