CITY OF HOCKEY in MINNESOTA!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

The Huge Hook wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
Govs93 wrote: I'm calling shenanigans on the post numbers here, ERE... this guy's making too easy for you!
Hey, I got him to change it once. We'll just see how far he goes. If I push for St. Paul, will that help?

:idea:
No.......It is still Edina! I just thought I could appease you. I was wrong regarding appeasement. Just for you, The City of St. Paul.
Stick around, you will learn about my appeasement.

And no, St. Paul is not for me. You can keep trying if you would like since Edina won't take you back anymore.

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

thank you. st.paul is not hockey city MN.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

koho snipe wrote:thank you. st.paul is not hockey city MN.
Correct you are. It's Hockeytown USA!

This thread is deteriorating into a dumping ground for ERE to hit 4k. :lol:
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

Roseau-would love to go see a game there.

My pics would go like this.

1-Roseau
2-Warroad
3-Duluth
4-Grand Rapids
5-I. Falls
Let's Play Hockey
EREmpireStrikesBack

Govs93 wrote:

Why all the hating? You didn't seem me raining on your 2k parade.

BIAFP

Re: best Hockey town

Post by BIAFP »

LoveLee wrote:
oldram wrote:Roseau. Spotted Edina to 6 goal lead and come back to beat them in 3rd period in Roseau Memorial, January 1981.

State tournament in St. Paul... Move it up North and make the Cities teams travel 8 hours by bus and stay in a motel instead of at home in their own beds and I'll bet the trophy NEVER leaves the Northland.

This is the truest statement I have read on here yet.

Looks like East Hockey has a stalker on his hands!
Can't Never Tried

Re: best Hockey town

Post by Can't Never Tried »

BIAFP wrote:
LoveLee wrote:
oldram wrote:Roseau. Spotted Edina to 6 goal lead and come back to beat them in 3rd period in Roseau Memorial, January 1981.

State tournament in St. Paul... Move it up North and make the Cities teams travel 8 hours by bus and stay in a motel instead of at home in their own beds and I'll bet the trophy NEVER leaves the Northland.

This is the truest statement I have read on here yet.

Looks like East Hockey has a stalker on his hands!
HSstalker???
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

MNRinkRat wrote:Roseau-would love to go see a game there.

My pics would go like this.

1-Roseau
2-Warroad
3-Duluth
4-Grand Rapids
5-I. Falls
A great list, I would go:

1-I Falls-Really, really cool history.
2-Halloween Machine- nutty atmosphere, few road wins here.
3-Roseau
4-Warroad
5-Duluth-The curling Club sucked but had great ice.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

"State tournament in St. Paul... Move it up North and make the Cities teams travel 8 hours by bus and stay in a motel instead of at home in their own beds and I'll bet the trophy NEVER leaves the Northland."

They can have it, nobody would show.
wishock

Post by wishock »

Zeke16 wrote: They can have it, nobody would show.
And would you be missing a great time!
oldram

Post by oldram »

With all the TV coverage, why would you need a rink that seats more than 1800?

The Cities faithful could stay in the metro area and not have to deal with the dangerous part of the state north of St. Cloud. There's lots of them thar trees up nort and not a whole lot of dem humans.

They would truly learn what "Hicks from the sticks" means.
puckman22

Post by puckman22 »

schwang17 wrote:
SB24 wrote:WARROAD

Warroad is home to a bunch of skirt-wearing USA Girls Hockey Olympians: Gail Christian, Sally Christian, Lisa Christian, Patricia McKinnon, Heidi Boucha and Della Christian.

The US Hockey of Fame, has inducted five ladies from Warroad.

Warroad has recruited over 50 females,from surrounding towns and statessince 1947.

Cally Marvin, a member of the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame for her 50 years of work with the sport. Marvin helped establish the northern Minnesota town of Warroad as "Ladytown USA." Over the years, Warroad, which has less than 2,000 residents, produced an impressive string of ice-skaters, professional caretakers and amateur adult film stars. In the late 1940s, Cally Marvin founded the fabled Warroad Lakers, a women that could drink with the best in the world. Marvin also helped found the women's hockey program at the University of North Dakota where she played collegiate hockey.

warroad ladies, The most successful senior womens hockey team in USA history. The team has never had a losing season. Won the United States Intermediate Championship 1955.
Won the Canadian Intermediate Championship in 1964 & 1974.
Won the Allan Cup 1994, 1995 & 1996.

1988 MR. hockey Winner: Lacey Olimb

home of the christian brothers hockey stick company

high school team has gone to state 18 times won it 4 time 2nd 5 times

the gardens(sounds about right for a ladies team! :D )
:D

That really wasn't that funny.
And for you to insult some of the best hockey players this state has produced is unbelivable.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Govs93 wrote:

What hate? I'm just trying to give you fuel for the fire to get you over the 4k hump! :lol:
Vapor XXXX

Post by Vapor XXXX »

I Falls. 7 titles not bad!
dralr

Post by dralr »

The post refers to heritage and tradition. You have to still be wet behind the ears if you think this criteria begins in the late 1980's.
EREmpireStrikesBack

puckman22 wrote:
schwang17 wrote:
SB24 wrote:WARROAD

Warroad is home to a bunch of skirt-wearing USA Girls Hockey Olympians: Gail Christian, Sally Christian, Lisa Christian, Patricia McKinnon, Heidi Boucha and Della Christian.

The US Hockey of Fame, has inducted five ladies from Warroad.

Warroad has recruited over 50 females,from surrounding towns and statessince 1947.

Cally Marvin, a member of the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame for her 50 years of work with the sport. Marvin helped establish the northern Minnesota town of Warroad as "Ladytown USA." Over the years, Warroad, which has less than 2,000 residents, produced an impressive string of ice-skaters, professional caretakers and amateur adult film stars. In the late 1940s, Cally Marvin founded the fabled Warroad Lakers, a women that could drink with the best in the world. Marvin also helped found the women's hockey program at the University of North Dakota where she played collegiate hockey.

warroad ladies, The most successful senior womens hockey team in USA history. The team has never had a losing season. Won the United States Intermediate Championship 1955.
Won the Canadian Intermediate Championship in 1964 & 1974.
Won the Allan Cup 1994, 1995 & 1996.

1988 MR. hockey Winner: Lacey Olimb

home of the christian brothers hockey stick company

high school team has gone to state 18 times won it 4 time 2nd 5 times

the gardens(sounds about right for a ladies team! :D )
:D

That really wasn't that funny.
And for you to insult some of the best hockey players this state has produced is unbelivable.
Get over yourself.

EREmpireStrikesBack

Govs93 wrote:
Govs93 wrote: Correct you are. It's Hockeytown USA!

What hate? I'm just trying to give you fuel for the fire to get you over the 4k hump! :lol:
Where were you at 10am yesterday? :shock:

koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

so are we going to conclude that roseau is the best of many hockey cities in MN?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

koho snipe wrote:so are we going to conclude that roseau is the best of many hockey cities in MN?
"We"? No.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:
koho snipe wrote:so are we going to conclude that roseau is the best of many hockey cities in MN?
"We"? No.
'We"? No too.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
gohome

Post by gohome »

Let me see
Thief river Falls has the NICEST Area in the State for high School Hockey, with a rich History
Roseau, has One of the best hockey histories, and also FREE hockey (making the game playable by all the kids). 3 sheets of ice in a town of 2700.
Warroad, a town of 1800, has 2 sheets of ice. and 1 hidden sheet. also another very rich history.
International Falls, great history, but has not done much in the last 20 years, kinda going backwards now.
If we take all 4 of these schools and combined them, multiplied that by 3: it would be as big as ONE city team. and yet each of these schools can fend for themself on the ice. and the city schools have kids jumping from school to school just to try to compete with one of the northern teams.
also we should mention:
Grand Rapids, kinda the mirror imagine of Roseau just with less titles. maybe not quite as deep with history.
Hibbing, Bemidji, Duluth. kinda in the same field.
PS --- a northern team is not towns north of ST. Cloud, it is from Highway #2 and north.

THE CREAM ALWAYS RISES TO THE TOP or to the NORTH if your talking about hockey.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

gohome wrote: and the city schools have kids jumping from school to school just to try to compete with one of the northern teams.
2000 - Blaine
2001 - Elk River
2002 - Holy Angels
2003 - Anoka
2004 - Centennial
2005 - Holy Angels
2006 - Cretin
2007 - Roseau

We appear to be doing just fine flannel brain! Is one in a row a trend to my northern fiends?
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

gohome wrote:Let me see
Thief river Falls has the NICEST Area in the State for high School Hockey, with a rich History
Roseau, has One of the best hockey histories, and also FREE hockey (making the game playable by all the kids). 3 sheets of ice in a town of 2700.
Warroad, a town of 1800, has 2 sheets of ice. and 1 hidden sheet. also another very rich history.
International Falls, great history, but has not done much in the last 20 years, kinda going backwards now.
If we take all 4 of these schools and combined them, multiplied that by 3: it would be as big as ONE city team. and yet each of these schools can fend for themself on the ice. and the city schools have kids jumping from school to school just to try to compete with one of the northern teams.
also we should mention:
Grand Rapids, kinda the mirror imagine of Roseau just with less titles. maybe not quite as deep with history.
Hibbing, Bemidji, Duluth. kinda in the same field.
PS --- a northern team is not towns north of ST. Cloud, it is from Highway #2 and north.

I have no idea where you're coming up with this, but if you took all of the metro schools, multiplied them by 3, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to anything and means nothing... much like your analogy.

And let's be serious about TRF - they hit the "Rich Alum Jackpot" with that arena. I'm not knocking it, I wish Johnson had one just like it, but c'mon... it has nothing to do with their "rich history" (well, I guess it might, depending on what your definition of "rich" is).
Last edited by Govs93 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Looks like "gohome" has walked into the wrong woods!!! :shock:

ozzie679

Post by ozzie679 »

If you want to talk about arenas. Look no further than St. Paul. The downtown economy relies on hockey. That is not the case with Roseau, Warroad, Duluth, Hibbing, etc. The St Paul economy lives and dies with hockey. The SP hockey tradition is as rich and deep as any Minnesota town. Those two factors make St Paul the best hockey town in Minnesota.