I Falls vs. Fort Frances Ontario

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RidingPine32

Post by RidingPine32 »

Sounds like you're lacking some class up there. Fish and deer heads on the ice, telling your apponent to f off? Real classy.
Northern16hockey

Post by Northern16hockey »

[quote="RidingPine32"]Sounds like you're lacking some class up there. Fish and deer heads on the ice, telling your apponent to f off? Real classy.[/quote]
You cant really discredit team for what the crowd does, and its because when the falls plays in the fort the fort fans have even sunk to spitting on the fans from the falls, big game tho and a good win for the falls.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Bash Brother wrote:Could you get the entire arena to chant U.S.A. please?
Well nearly half the crowd was Canadien so....It sounded like most of the arena was doing the "USA, USA..." or the othe part of the crowd was doing the "YOU S Eh? You S Eh?" chant to the lady behind the the Musky bench with the stars and stripes 8)
Last edited by Fargo on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
broncos2020

broncos

Post by broncos2020 »

there bring to tradition back!
Vapor XXXX

Post by Vapor XXXX »

Not a seat was open in Bronco Arena tonight! Great game and great win for the Falls boys.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Vapor XXXX wrote:Not a seat was open in Bronco Arena tonight! Great game and great win for the Falls boys.
and girls 6-5 in OT 8)
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

RidingPine32 wrote:Sounds like you're lacking some class up there. Fish and deer heads on the ice, telling your apponent to f off? Real classy.
Yes you are correct. They should have used fresher deer heads. They kind of crumbled when they hit the ice. Made one nasty mess with the hair all over. The fish looked relatively fresh so they've improved their class this year. Oh yea, they are also the third undefeated HS hockey team on US soil in the State of Hockey. Roseau, PR and IF.

When you are 100 miles north of no-where you need to create your own entertainment. :lol:

By the way this was one of the the livliest HS game Ive been to in awhile. Kind of reminded me of Team Canada at the Ralph when Sidney and the boys were there.
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

RidingPine32 wrote:Sounds like you're lacking some class up there. Fish and deer heads on the ice, telling your apponent to f off? Real classy.
yea, that sounds a bit extreme but deer heads on the ice? thats so funny!
GivinYaTheBusiness

Post by GivinYaTheBusiness »

You've gotta love the small Northern towns showing off their bride the only way they know how...deer and fish. Apparently one man's class is another man's trash...
broncofan18

Post by broncofan18 »

You do have to admit it is funny. I remember the first time we did it, we threw the burbot right across the ice and it hit the other teams benches boards. They freaked out and were jumping out of the way.

It’s kind of like the Detroit Red Wings when they would throw out the squid. Up in the falls, we threw burbot.

Now they took it to a new level and are starting to throw Deer Heads. Wow.

Roseau has Warroad,
Virginia has Eveleth,
Cloquet has East
Falls has the Fort.
theref

Post by theref »

I've happened to notice through a couple of your posts that you seem to have a great distaste for I. Falls. Why don't you take your whining else where as you don't ever seem to make a valid point and you just tend to sound like a bitter person.
LundqvistRoy

Post by LundqvistRoy »

theref wrote:
I've happened to notice through a couple of your posts that you seem to have a great distaste for I. Falls. Why don't you take your whining else where as you don't ever seem to make a valid point and you just tend to sound like a bitter person.
QFE.

I agree with you Ref the falls must have beaten his team some time during the season, and now he wants revenge! sadly it is over the internet.

YT,
LundyRoy.
RBK ruins hockey. PERIOD
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Yeah the Canadian rivalry usually brings out the best in our crowd. Wait and it'll get better if we make it to state.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Fargo wrote:
Oh yea, they are also the third undefeated HS hockey team on US soil in the State of Hockey. Roseau, PR and IF.
Any more stipulations or *'s that you want to throw out there?
The U invented swagger.
RidingPine32

Post by RidingPine32 »

LundqvistRoy wrote:
theref wrote:
QFE.

I agree with you Ref the falls must have beaten his team some time during the season, and now he wants revenge! sadly it is over the internet.

YT,
LundyRoy.
No, no, you guys have me all wrong. There is nothing in hockey that would make me happier than to see the Broncos win a state title. I've been to the arena up there, affectionately known as "The Rock", and admired in awe the signs with all the conference and state tournament accolades. I've seen the cases full of trophies rimming the lobby, and the wall of fame there that compliments the trophies. It's as impressive as any high school hockey arena in the state, probably country for that matter. But nobody seems to want to give the Falls the accolades they deserve. They've had as many or more former players in Olympic and pro hockey as any other comparably sized town in MN. Yet they don't make hockey sticks there and they don't have the huge philanthropic flow of money to the U. So every state tournament, instead of hearing about Tim Sheehy or Mike Curran or Larry Ross, we get to hear about Willard Ikola or the fat drunk Henry Boucha. I guess I'm going to catch it for going on big rant hear, but the whole point is I wanna see them stop dickin' around up there, get serious about winning and take the title home the way they used to, so they can get the credit they deserve. The people up there are so humble, they just don't brag about their hockey exploits and I think it could be used to build up their rep. They play a wonderful wide open style of European hockey up there with a hint of Canadian defensive play that is jaw dropping to watch when their game is on. None of the clutch and grab intimidatation goon squad hockey you see from a school miles to there west. I just wish more people outside the Iron Range had a chance to see it.
theref

Post by theref »

RidingPine32 wrote:
LundqvistRoy wrote:
theref wrote: I've happened to notice through a couple of your posts that you seem to have a great distaste for I. Falls. Why don't you take your whining else where as you don't ever seem to make a valid point and you just tend to sound like a bitter person.
QFE.

YT,
LundyRoy.
No, no, you guys have me all wrong. There is nothing in hockey that would make me happier than to see the Broncos win a state title. I've been to the arena up there, affectionately known as "The Rock", and admired in awe the signs with all the conference and state tournament accolades. I've seen the cases full of trophies rimming the lobby, and the wall of fame there that compliments the trophies. It's as impressive as any high school hockey arena in the state, probably country for that matter. But nobody seems to want to give the Falls the accolades they deserve. They've had as many or more former players in Olympic and pro hockey as any other comparably sized town in MN. Yet they don't make hockey sticks there and they don't have the huge philanthropic flow of money to the U. So every state tournament, instead of hearing about Tim Sheehy or Mike Curran or Larry Ross, we get to hear about Willard Ikola or the fat drunk Henry Boucha. I guess I'm going to catch it for going on big rant hear, but the whole point is I wanna see them stop dickin' around up there, get serious about winning and take the title home the way they used to, so they can get the credit they deserve. The people up there are so humble, they just don't brag about their hockey exploits and I think it could be used to build up their rep. They play a wonderful wide open style of European hockey up there with a hint of Canadian defensive play that is jaw dropping to watch when their game is on. None of the clutch and grab intimidatation goon squad hockey you see from a school miles to there west. I just wish more people outside the Iron Range had a chance to see it.
I like your rant and I agree, I just thought you showed your support for the purple and gold in an odd way.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

RidingPine32 wrote:
LundqvistRoy wrote:
theref wrote: I've happened to notice through a couple of your posts that you seem to have a great distaste for I. Falls. Why don't you take your whining else where as you don't ever seem to make a valid point and you just tend to sound like a bitter person.
QFE.

YT,
LundyRoy.

You running for office? That is as big of a flip flop as I have ever seen!
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

who calls Bronco Arena "the rock"?? and why? i live in the falls and have never heard that. just wondering
61ache

Post by 61ache »

hockeyfan95 wrote:who calls Bronco Arena "the rock"?? and why? i live in the falls and have never heard that. just wondering
Only Rock I know of in the area is Rocky Point, which is near the Nighthawk, and I can't seem to go there without getting tossed out! Haha.

Falls looks tough this year. Looking forward to the Roseau game, should be VERY interesting...gut check time for both sides. Looser has to clean the fish.
RidingPine32

Post by RidingPine32 »

You running for office? That is as big of a flip flop as I have ever seen![/quote]

If you read what I've said, you'll see that I haven't been malicious toward the Broncos. I'm just calling it the way I see it. And you have to admit, even as much as you may not like it...... I'm right.
RidingPine32

Post by RidingPine32 »

hockeyfan95 wrote:who calls Bronco Arena "the rock"?? and why? i live in the falls and have never heard that. just wondering
Some Bronco fans I met back in '95 at "The Show". They told me the Rock (Bronco Arena) was hoppin' the night they played Roseau. I believe they beat them that night. It would be great to see that again. Maybe I'll try to get there... Tuesday is it?