For all the "citiots"

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slapshooter

7,488th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~I circusly do~

Post by slapshooter »

packerboy wrote:Right as rain SS. And thank you for reffering to us cidiots with the correct spelling. Its so disrespectful when they spell it the other way, don't you think? :lol: :lol: :lol:
=P~ :arrow: I 'circusly' do! :arrow: 8)

=P~ :arrow: What d'ya expect from "cidiots" anyway? :arrow: [-(

=P~ :arrow: Inn an udder ting! :arrow: [-X Image [-X

=P~ :arrow: Since when have any Catholic/Private Schools ever qualified as "cidiots"? :arrow: :shock:
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image
Last edited by slapshooter on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stpaulpuck

Post by stpaulpuck »

The Slappy one mistakes me for something other than the Catholic I am. I KNOW we'll be well represented every year and almost take it for granted (I damn near forgot how good, and favored, AHA was last year. The argument when they win is that they played a weak schedule and didn't get all beat up).

Without strong northern teams to keep the long-term history alive, the state tourney loses appeal, then sections lose appeal...

...then MSHSL breaks it into six classes and they play state finals at regionals sites in Fertile, Two Harbors, Freeport, Mora, Lamberton and Calendonia.

So, my interest is selfish. I'll take a Catholic win 2 of 3 years to protect the tourney tax revenue in St. Paul.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

stpaulpuck wrote:

So, my interest is selfish. I'll take a Catholic win 2 of 3 years to protect the tourney tax revenue in St. Paul.

The Catholics have won five out of the last 25 years :roll:
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

BIAFP wrote:
stpaulpuck wrote:

The Catholics have won four out of the last 25 years :roll:
And we give thanks to the Lord (or if you are slapshooter, The Loyd )for each and every one. :wink:

Just gettin started BIAFP.

Catholic hockey teams...Get to Know Em. :lol:
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

pondyplayer93 wrote:
61ache wrote:
pondyplayer93 wrote:Roseau only beat Jefferson 4-3 and scored with 0.2 seconds left

Jefferson wasnt even a top 20 team this year
And Hill only beat Moorhead 4-3 scoring late yet they were definitely the best team at the tourney. What's your point?
moorhead was a top 10/15 team and a lot better than jefferson
wrong, Moorhead was garbage and jefferson was pretty good (at least I consider 6 D1 scouted players good)
slapshooter

7,489th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~'mistakes' my A$$~

Post by slapshooter »

stpaulpuck wrote:The Slappy one mistakes me for something other than the Catholic I am. I KNOW we'll be well represented every year and almost take it for granted (I damn near forgot how good, and favored, AHA was last year. The argument when they win is that they played a weak schedule and didn't get all beat up).

Without strong northern teams to keep the long-term history alive, the state tourney loses appeal, then sections lose appeal...

...then MSHSL breaks it into six classes and they play state finals at regionals sites in Fertile, Two Harbors, Freeport, Mora, Lamberton and Calendonia.

=P~ :arrow: I got yImageur point the first time! :arrow: =;

=P~ :arrow: The statement that yImageu made, (pointed out by yImageurs truly) was spoken like a true "cidiot" that's all! 8)

=P~ :arrow: They can't even spell "cidiot" right and yImage u (supposedly being a "Superior Catholic"), stood in line for appropriate correction! :arrow: [-o<

=P~ :arrow: No "mistakes" there! :arrow: [-X

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

Lee should institute a "PayPal" type account that would be charged for the use of emoticons.
slapshooter

7,490th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~What about BSM?~

Post by slapshooter »

DmanDad198[img]http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/sick.gif[/img] wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:Perhaps it will never be over, but for 2008, it is.

Hopefully northerners will now understand why city fans will understand why the skeptimism exists. There's a reason why Edina has 2 losses coming into tonight and Hill-Murray has 3 and their goalies don't have undefeated records with under 1.0 GAA's.
All I can say, 42 in a row, wake up a little Cidiot and look at the resume, not a single game, give it a try expand the brain a little... :lol:

Lee has a scholarship in hand at SCS, Phillipi does not, and may have to go to Juniors to find a suitor, my guess - St. Thomas is calling... :roll:

Worst game Roseau played all year, best game HM played all year, what does that give us, HM moves on...

Go Hornets :lol:
=P~ :arrow: They didn't do too well against BSM either! :arrow: :lol: Image :lol:
Mikeofthenorth

Thanks!

Post by Mikeofthenorth »

After making some posts about what I felt was a very important point, I have to say that reading the replies has helped to broaden my perspective of the whole tournament.
I'm not from Roseau, actually not even close, but I have always had a ton of respect for their hockey.
I want to thank all of you for the feed back and view points. I was rough on Isaac Kohls, and the point has been made to me very blantantly that he wasn't the only player caught up in the physical atmosphere, nor was HM the only team.
More so than singling out any player, the point should be made that the checking can get out of hand and the refs need to maintain control of the game. I'm not saying that they have the easy job either, but wow! Some of those checks have the potential to cause serious permanent damage!
Anyways, thanks again all for the comments. I'm sure I will enjoy this forum much in the future!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

BIAFP wrote:
stpaulpuck wrote:

The Catholics have won five out of the last 25 years :roll:
Don't forget 2004! Centennial had more Catholics that year than Hill does this year! :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Nostalgic Nerd

Re: 7,488th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~I circusly do~

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

slapshooter wrote:
packerboy wrote:Right as rain SS. And thank you for reffering to us cidiots with the correct spelling. Its so disrespectful when they spell it the other way, don't you think? :lol: :lol: :lol:
=P~ :arrow: I 'circusly' do! :arrow: 8)

=P~ :arrow: What d'ya expect from "cidiots" anyway? :arrow: [-(

=P~ :arrow: Inn an udder ting! :arrow: [-X Image [-X

=P~ :arrow: Since when have any Catholic/Private Schools ever qualified as "cidiots"? :arrow: :shock:
Like a mobster in front of a jury: "I don't know what yer talkin' about." :lol:

BTW, why hasn't this topic been locked? Not fair. :evil:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
stpaulpuck

Post by stpaulpuck »

My math has privates winning 10 of the last 18 tourneys, runner-up 6 times and 3rd five times (unless A doesn't count, meaning we'd have to strip Falls of their most recent title). Catholics account for 8 of those championships. If you go back to '75, add 3 more championships - all Catholic.

Just a cidiot, so could be wrong, but I thought this perceived imbalance was what folks were frustrated with.

BTW - I didn't realize Centennial was stealing players from Hill. What next, Central girls hoops stealing from Cretin?
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

stpaulpuck wrote:The Slappy one mistakes me for something other than the Catholic I am. I KNOW we'll be well represented every year and almost take it for granted (I damn near forgot how good, and favored, AHA was last year. The argument when they win is that they played a weak schedule and didn't get all beat up).

The tourney really shouldn't need anyone to keep it alive. It only needs quality games. However, if nostalgia is the focal point, than I see your point. But I fear the league forms structures based on those ideas.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Quietmale wrote:Like I did in another topic, I congratualated HM and many of the other teams from the metro with a fine tournament. That is what this was, a tournament. I saw in other hockey tournaments held this year some teams didnt do so hot that were in this tournament. Yes, this is the state tournament and it takes alot to get this far. I also stated in an earlier post to this topic that the metro has to remember that many of the outstate teams don't recruit. And Roseau, like many other schools at the Class AA level, only have a school the size equal to that of one grade of students at the larger metro high schools. Thus, a smaller talent pool. Both Roseau and Warroad have put many players in division 1 and the NHL. I am not from Roseau and I have been around many of the players and experts in my travels and usually they are respectful towards each others programs where ever they come from. Come on guys, this is the "state of hockey". Many of you sound terrible on here. Roseau has a good program with history on it's side. They won the tournament last year. And beat solid teams to do it. They didnt this year and solid teams beat them with incredible game plans that were executed perfectly to win it, namely HM and BSTM. I am not sour as I think all these teams will be back in the years to come and continue to put on spectacular state tournaments such as this one and all the others in the past has been.
Again though, you have to empirically prove the position that outstate teams do not transfer. I assume some don't, but that's a law of averages. We know that private schools do some transferring because they're monitored. But can that really be said for the outstaters, or to what extent? (I believe we are in a non-transfer era if I'm correct.)
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
Quietmale wrote:Like I did in another topic, I congratualated HM and many of the other teams from the metro with a fine tournament. That is what this was, a tournament. I saw in other hockey tournaments held this year some teams didnt do so hot that were in this tournament. Yes, this is the state tournament and it takes alot to get this far. I also stated in an earlier post to this topic that the metro has to remember that many of the outstate teams don't recruit. And Roseau, like many other schools at the Class AA level, only have a school the size equal to that of one grade of students at the larger metro high schools. Thus, a smaller talent pool. Both Roseau and Warroad have put many players in division 1 and the NHL. I am not from Roseau and I have been around many of the players and experts in my travels and usually they are respectful towards each others programs where ever they come from. Come on guys, this is the "state of hockey". Many of you sound terrible on here. Roseau has a good program with history on it's side. They won the tournament last year. And beat solid teams to do it. They didnt this year and solid teams beat them with incredible game plans that were executed perfectly to win it, namely HM and BSTM. I am not sour as I think all these teams will be back in the years to come and continue to put on spectacular state tournaments such as this one and all the others in the past has been.
Again though, you have to empirically prove the position that outstate teams do not transfer. I assume some don't, but that's a law of averages. We know that private schools do some transferring because they're monitored. But can that really be said for the outstaters, or to what extent? (I believe we are in a non-transfer era if I'm correct.)
I don't know about other teams...but if the Rams can't win with their own boys, then they simply won't win. They don't go hunting for someone else's players to create an artificial team.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

stpaulpuck wrote:Lots of interesting points - and BS, too. One thing for certain, strong v weak schedule and comparative scoring talk is total bunk. Have the same tourney five weeks in a row and you'd have five different results.

I'm happy for the success of the local Catholic boys but fully recognize that the tourney has no drama, no pinache, without the northern teams - especially Roseau (I hate MSHSL messing with 7AA). Who among you didn't feel the anti-climax of Edina v. Hill compared to Roseau v Edina?

However, like CDH two years ago, Hill executed their game plans wonderfully. They had great goaltending and took advantage of every opportunity.

Roseau picked a bad time to go flat-footed AND face a talented, well-coached team in Hill. And you can't fault a team that was on a 40+ game quest for being down the game after it was over (BSM was a helluva team that still had something to prove).

BSM's style might have been the one that beat Hill - if not for a bounce, a deflection, a weak call.

Edina might be champs again - one pipe, one tenth of a second changes everything. As they have for 50 years, they won and lost with grace (I'm still not cheering for you guys - but that's the way you prefer it).

Another season, many great teams, one champ. Fortunately for me and mine, the mellow pace of baseball, golf, fishing and sitting on the deck helps us through the hockey withdrawals.
Roseau and Edina got beat by a HM team that really wasn't impressed with their credentials. That's all there is to it.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

5th Line Center wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
I don't know about other teams...but if the Rams can't win with their own boys, then they simply won't win. They don't go hunting for someone else's players to create an artificial team.
Again, is that an opinion or fact? (No pun intended, honestly.)
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

5th Line Center wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
Again, is that an opinion or fact? (No pun intended, honestly.)
Nostalgic Nerd

Re: For all the "citiots"

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

xcel554 wrote:
THEDOMINATOR39 wrote:Whether you like Hill or not last nights was great because it finally shut up all you northerners and proved that your Rams were not a God-send. Congrats to Hill they are pretty good for a bunch of "Citiots"...

It is not always the best team that wins the tournament. You are correct congrats to Hill you cannot take anything away from them. Yet does 2 loses automatically take away from what the Rams did the 2 years?
Best credentials and best team. Two different things. HM was the latter.
BIAFP

Re: For all the "citiots"

Post by BIAFP »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
xcel554 wrote:
THEDOMINATOR39 wrote:Whether you like Hill or not last nights was great because it finally shut up all you northerners and proved that your Rams were not a God-send. Congrats to Hill they are pretty good for a bunch of "Citiots"...

It is not always the best team that wins the tournament. You are correct congrats to Hill you cannot take anything away from them. Yet does 2 loses automatically take away from what the Rams did the 2 years?
Best credentials and best THUGS. Two different things. HM was the latter.

YEP
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Do private high schools have feeder programs? Like junior high on down to elementary.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

THEDOMINATOR39, starting this thread using "citiot" shows how much of a cidiot you must me.

Someone commented on Roseau's and Hill's weak schedules. Roseau, weakish, yes, but they play their conference and then a few tough teams. Took both Jefferson and Red River (ND's best team) to OT. Not their fault Moorhead and Warroad were down this year. Hill, not sure what you expect them to do. They have a weakish conference, play St Thomas twice, schedule good AA teams; Wayzata, BSM, Park (meh), WBL, Holy Angels, Moorhead, and the Gold Schwan Cup where they played East WBL and Tonka. Not sure what more you want from them.

I wouldn't say Roseau is bad. I'd say they played two bad games. Personally, I thought Benilde was overrated. They beat 2 good teams all season, both in 2007. Then took OT to get by EP and Tonka. They're good, but overrated.

What college is SCS that Lee got a scholarship to?
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:Do private high schools have feeder programs? Like junior high on down to elementary.

Yes, they are called Public schools :roll:
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

BIAFP wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:Do private high schools have feeder programs? Like junior high on down to elementary.

Yes, they are called Public schools :roll:
"Private" schools though.
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

Did someone really just say that BSM was overrated?

Ever since their Jan 19th loss to Tonka where a couple goals were waived off (one being a heart breaker in the closing ticks of the game), they were on a roll. Somewhere in there, they even pulled out a W against Shattuck. They did what they needed to do right up until Edina finished their superb run during the State semi final game in OT. A person would be crazy to say that BSM couldn’t have won that game.

If some thought they were a team to beat, it would have been for good reason. They played solid hockey all year losing only by 1 or 2 goals to a few of the state’s elite teams. (Hill/STA/Tonka and finally Edina)

BTW: St Cloud State is the answer to your question.

& BTW means "By the way"